ELEKIT TU-8600S

Victor do you see any problem with these values. I don’t know acceptable tolerances with this amp. Anyone else chime in?

Attachments

• IMG_1180.jpeg
    IMG_1180.jpeg
    587.7 KB · Views: 63
If you're looking for a preamp and you enjoyed building the TU-8600 let me suggest the TU-8550. TBH I haven't used the phono section yet, but the preamp is amazing. It's dead quiet and very pleasant to listen to with other tube amps. I've used mine with the TU-8600, TU-8900, and I'm currently listening to my TU-8850. They're all quite different but they all sound great with the TU-8550. Maybe others on here can comment on the phono section.

Victor I agree but I need to buy a good quality phono kit. I currently have a Rega fono mk5 that money when I sell it will go to new power tubes.
You might wish to consider the SunValley EQ phono kit (also distributed by Victor). It is a more complex build (point to point), but sounds wonderful. The MC is solid state, but the MM is tube. Both sound excellent.

I will look into it. I would be using MM with a high outpost MC or Grado moving iron HO. I will check out the Sun Valley. I currently have a rega Fono mkIV and looking at the design with the lid off it doesn’t seem like it should sound as good as it does. I think they split the frequencies and amplify them separately. Low $ implementation. Point to point is fine I have lots of time.

I recently acquired a stock TU-8600S . I already have the TU-8200R with lundhals and the TU-8550 preamp. I’m running PSVANE 300B tubes & i’m very impressed by the soundstage on the 8600. A few reasons why I didn’t get the TU-8900 …. I don’t like the surface mount component boards, they are very difficult to repair(throw away design). Also , the 8600 has better gain which eliminates the need for a preamp. I still like my 8200R as well !

Reactions: 1 user
TU-8600-S volume. I playing into Klipsch Heresy IV speakers. They are supposed 98db. Playing yo-yo ma volume at noon is less than concert level. How safe is it to play past 12.
I used my TU-8600S at 60% then 90% for a year with no issues but unsure if it was going to overdrive anything and possibly shorten tube life? and now use it at 50%. I use a High output level v previous Low Output level on my Lumin P1 to make up for the lower volume setting on the Elekit.
I have asked this question on a few different sites but have yet to get a definitive answer, so I am playing it safe.

My voltages are not far from nominal. I was using Sovtek 12ax7lps and two Mullard CV4003 for input. I have since changed the 12ax7 to a RCA7025 that is strong and grids balanced. No real change in gain. I picked up a telfunken 12ax7 and amperex bugle boy. I don’t expect much gain difference. I expect it is my source gain and as well using TJ mesh plates and lastly I believe the Klipsch speakers are not as efficient as they claim. As you said my concern is over driving tubes. I am changing out my cartridge from a Blue point 2 to a Grado Platinum and using a Rega fono MM. I want build a great phono amp for my next project. I also would like to invest in better 300b but can’t afford WE. Might have to settle on a WE look alike.

Attachments

• IMG_1180.jpeg
    IMG_1180.jpeg
    587.7 KB · Views: 19
I also have the Telefunken & Bugle Boy 12AX7 tubes.
I use the Linlai Cossor WE300B replica tubes and they are very good especially in the midrange. They are supposed to be a bit rolled off on the top and bottom when compared to Western Electric 300B.
I have the upgraded TKD pot so it is very high quality and the digital Volume control on the Lumin P1 uses a LEEDH system the same as "Soulution" uses so they are both very high quality, and therefore I believe no noticeable resolution is lost using both.

Thanks for the knowledge. The Lumen is fantastic and I would love to own. I use a Marantz ND8006 for streaming with a iPad connected using a lightening to camera USB b connection to feed Apple Lossless and high res ti the Marantz. I don’t use the CD in the Marantz I have a MBL modified CD. Love my CD player and the Marantz is a matter of economics. I just replaced my monitor Audio silver 300s driven by two bi-amp Marantz Pm-14S1 amps. No matter what I tied I got no emotion or enjoyment from that combo. That’s why I decided go back to a 300b and high efficiency speakers. I have tried many 300b and single driver speakers and most are a disappointment. The ElKit TU-8600s is very good. When I was single years ago budget was never an issue. Ha

Hi Victor I have a comment and a question for you. First the comment, I want to thank you for designing and supplying such an excellent amp kit. I just finished building the TU8600S kit last week and it sounds just stunning.
Now my question I want to get a pair of WE 300B tubes for this amp, do you have the WE 300B tubes in stock? If so what is your price? And will they come with the factory 5 year warranty with them?
I have about 25-30 hours of play time on the amp now and I swear it sounds better every day. Tubes in it now are Gold Lion 300B, NOS. RCA clear top 12au7, Telefunken 12ax7-tk. Thank you Victor

Dan