ELEKIT TU-8200R

Thanks for the answer, but the video I watched had that option. However, even on the lowest setting, the impedance was 250 ohm minimum. Do you know the actual impedances corresponding to the High, Med, Low settings and has it changed over the past couple of years?? Cheers and happy new year

Hi everyone

I am proud owner of tu8200r and i would like to upgrade sound on it. Many options so i wonder where to start..
I will go step by step first tubes then caps then if not satisfied at last opt lundahl. Concerning opts, they are 2/3 of price of all kit so i wonder is it worth of it? I would like to try first everything else before opt upgrade. Can anyone point me to right upgrade path. Thanx

I am aware that OPTs are biggest step in the upgrade path but also most expensive. I am pretty satisfied with stock amp but also curious is double better or just nuances. Maybe rather to invest in 8600. I tried at least 6 solid state amp in my sistem triple the price elekit beats them all in sound but not driveability or conectability, but i care only about the sound. I belive that for real solid hifi system no need to spend a fortune like these days... And most important is to have fun and gain some experince.

I suspect the definition of subtle is relative to the observer. I can safely say that with my five Elekit amps (including the TU-8600), the largest improvement in sound quality was the Lundahl xformers. I haven't tried the high priced WE tubes, but I have rolled quite a few tubes in my other amps and I'd still give the nod to the Lundahls for most bang for the buck.

Reactions: 2 users
The 2nd harmonic suppression is present over the whole frequency range. 'Normal'/expected behavior at 1 Watt output power; the 2nd harmonic dominates THD:
View attachment 1189538

At 1.5 Watt, the 2nd is suppressed:
View attachment 1189539

And here is the output level (voltage) as function of frequency; the resonant behavior is pretty obvious:
View attachment 1189540
Hi did you ever find out if this issue with the output transformer resonance at 7.2k is due to a defective transformer? ie is it the same resonance for both Left and Right Channels? Also I wonder if this happens with the original stock transformers instead of the LLundahl. I am assuming the results posted are for the amp with LLundahls. Thanks

Hi folks! Finally after three months of cutting, drilling, welding, soldering, tweaking I have finished my set including all possible mods and I feel a need to brag :cool:

TU8500 - visual tuning (new stainless front, walnut veneer side panels, LED lights), coupling caps, opamps MUSES01, voltage regulators from Sparkos, RCA 12AU7 black plates inserted

TU8200R - visual tuning like TU8500 and tube cage, coupling caps, full upgrade by paczeltf (great many thanks for help once again), Lundahl onboard, Holy Grail 6L6GC RCA black plates side O getter 1950's and E80CC Philips Miniwatt SQ.

Guys, holy s**t - how it sounds now! The only drawback is the final cost. In Poland Elekit is more expensive than anywhere (bloody taxes) and set costs 1 600 USD. With full upgrade it reaches 2 850 USD :cry:

And not only sounds, now it has the look 😁 I am rather miserable photographer, but, well, something is visible at least...

View attachment 1208481 View attachment 1208482 View attachment 1208484 View attachment 1208485 View attachment 1208486
Oh how did you attach another led light to the control knobs? I would love that feature especially when finding the knob in the dark

There is no 50K ALPS R27
You can use 100K
cut the volume pot pcb and connect with 4 wires per channel
1706206373186.png

Reactions: 1 user