ebay:Weiliang Dual X2 AK4399 DAC with LCD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Valeri100,

I'm sure that on the DAC PCB there's pins for mclk, dck, lrck, etc... This xmos module has to be connected using I2S, it would be stupid not to anyways. So there should be a GND, the USB data pins + the 5v and the rest of the pins should be I2S related... Just a wild guess of course... :D

Ciao!
Do

Hi Pinnocchio,
This Xmos board is connected via Spdif. It simply converts Usb to Spdif and not to I2S. I am sure about it.

This DAC signal is on the bus i2s.USB-SPDIF-I2S-4399. Can be mounted so that odoemene all from the receiver. 333.jpg

pinnocchio: no idea, I bought it just for better selling purposes, I've always used toslink connection where I do not have to deal with jitter at all, why would u need I2S connection if u got all standard connections available? u can always use I2S to spdif convertor if neccessary

Hi Guys.

I think the board converts I2S to SPDIF because this way the input can be selected with the AK4113/AK4118 receiver. The receiver doesn't accept I2S.

I2S is considered better, at least for short distances, because clock and data signals are separated. This way it's less sensitive for data related jitter.

kukynas: Toslink isn't a cure for jitter unfortunately. Jitter is a clock timing problem, which can even be worse when using toslink. Optical link requires the signal to be converted at both sides, which can cause further errors. It depends still on the receiver IC if/how these errors (jitter) are corrected. Toslink has the advantage however, to electrically isolate source(transport) and receiver (DAC), reducing noise transfer.

Regards,
Nino

AK118A TVDD voltage

In reference to the newer vesion of dual AK4399 using AK4118A as receiver, I found the PCB is using 3.3V for TVDD that the datasheet shows 3.3V is the absolute minimum voltage to be used. In many cases, the datasheet specifies 5V for TVDD.

What is TVDD? What is it for?
What are the consequences in using the minimum voltage (3.3V) rather than 5V for TVDD?

In reference to the newer vesion of dual AK4399 using AK4118A as receiver, I found the PCB is using 3.3V for TVDD that the datasheet shows 3.3V is the absolute minimum voltage to be used. In many cases, the datasheet specifies 5V for TVDD.

What is TVDD? What is it for?
What are the consequences in using the minimum voltage (3.3V) rather than 5V for TVDD?
I think the TVDD pin is more tolerant than the other psu pins. Typical it operates on 3.3V, max. on 5.5V, min on DVDD (which is also 3.3V in this case).

Datasheet recommends 3.3V for TVDD (input buffer supply).

If you mean CD transport with CDT, then it depends on that transport where to tap the 4 wires from. The wires can connect to the 2xAK4399 PCB, but you're no longer able to use spdif/toslink/usb via spdif. See lomonosoff''s post: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...ng-dual-x2-ak4399-dac-lcd-53.html#post4043835

I2S connection

Hi NinoSimona,

Thank you very much. I missed the post.

My CDT is CDPro2 and has I2S output. Does this mean I can skip the receiver and connect the I2S output directly to the 4 resistors and a GND signal? In this manner, I think I have to lift the resistors from the PCB and connect the two corresponding resistors together. Am I right?

Yet, from my manual, I saw my CDT has different names in output pins. Does they corresponds to the names here
MCLK (MCLK)
SCLK (BCK)
Data (SDOUT)
LRCK (LRCK)
GND (GND)

The connection is short (about 50 cm). What kind of cable should I choose? Ribbon cable or Cat5?

Regards,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.