Earthquake PHD2 seems to lower output???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yeah Perry, im getting 94VDC at the rails, power light is on. Im using four FETs in the power supply at this time as im just testing the Amp to see if its stable, When im finished ill put all the Fets in. im using Four IRFZ44N two on each side for power fet.... And four RFP40N10 for output two on each side...im not getting any Audio output when a signal is passed through the Amp. any solutions?

Thanks..

im using a Computers power supply, 12V Dc powering the Amp! Any reason im getting so much volts at the rail?
icon9.gif

The power Supply large Caps are rated 100V 470uF....i think their is a mod for the Amp which allows more volts to the Rail therefore more Power...
1.Replace R08 with 10ohm
2.Replace R37 with 75kohm
This will increase rail voltage for more power output.

And i got the Amp with these Mods in place....The problem is getting the Preamp of the amplifier to start fireing as it Should...

So where do i go from here....???

While a Fluke Scopemeter is an excellent piece of equipment, it's a VERY poor choice for audio work. An inexpensive analog scope with a conventional (CRT) display is generally going to be a much better option.

Post a photo of the signal on pin 6 of the HIP4080. Set the scope to 5uS, 2v/div and set the coupling to DC.

If you don't have a test tone CD or a signal generator, burn the following file to an audio CD and drive a 1v signal into the amplifier. Measure the AC voltage at the RCA jacks on the amp and confirm that you have 1v AC. Set the crossover to the highest frequency and set the gain to the maximum setting. Post a photo of the waveform on pin 7 of the 4080.

http://www.bcae1.com/temp/100hz300seconds.zip

Bumping this back from the dead, because I snagged a NIB ph5000w a while back, and while it's obviously not capable of anywhere near "5000w" :lol: ...it should make a little more than the PHD2 I owned previously. Hopefully I don't make any installation flaws and the upgraded alternator keeps the voltage high enough to keep the amp satisfied.

Definitely won't be messing around and playing with a 6" woofer in the rear deck, like the previous amp!

Figured I'd pop back in and see what people are destroying and repairing nowadays.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.