Dx Precision, finally released... now debugged and better than HRII

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I will work into Precision tomorrow...today i had friends in my home

And also i was out some hours for shopping.

I have shown my last week building to friends, they do not understand nothing about audio, but they love to see boards too.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• amplifiers to show friends small.jpg
    amplifiers to show friends small.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 983
Yes Bogdan, many schematics from JLH

Good sound.

Also good to keep coffee pot hot.

Well.... now i could remember, the first amplifier used a transistor AD161.... 12 Volts supply and i had 6 volts into the colector..huge current crossing the transistor.... was very good....2 volts of nice sound...was Class A....i had not the knowledge to classified as class A..but was very hot.

Also, in the same year, 1969, i have made a headphone amplifier, one stage, using BC109, a metal can transistor that was good because good gain and low noise (silicon)... the amplifier used Senheiser cartridges as headphone...the same cartridges Senheiser used to produce nice dinamic microphones.... those cartridges was in series with teh BC109C..... well... was also class A.... small current, but class A.... say, not biased into the threshold of conduction alike AB.... the current was advanced...much more than the needed current to put the unit into operation...into conduction.

regards,

Carlos

Carlos,

Nice amplifier shrine, amplifier goddess?, hehe. I really like those boards close to her feet, they seem to really jump out almost as though I can hear them just from looking at your picture, amazing!!.

Always enjoy reading whats new in your threads, to top it off I always get a good laugh from Crazy Uncle Charlie!.

All The Best
Colin

I am glad you have apreciated Colin.

The Precision schematic was made in September.... after readings of Doctor Self...and also Giaime had published "my amp" and used the input i am using.

I was waiting the HRII to take off.... to have people constructing.

Uncle charlie is turning more and more crazy...but productive..they will not lock me inside hospital as i am usefull.

regards,

Carlos

I see Bogdan that you have a schematic.

I have not you amplifier saved into my files because i could not see values, only resistance numbers, alike R1, R2, R3.

And i am informing this to you to help, next one make presentation with values, this creates interest, as people perceive, very fast, that you want to share.

And i really do not like to read another sheet of paper to discover the value of R1, R2 and R3.... i feel that strange, not needed complication of our lives

I will never understand why people complicate things this way...maybe to publish boards and to talk about explaining R2 as 100 ohms not being confused with other 100 ohms resistance into the circuit...but even this way...why not to put value direct into the schematic..or both if people prefer.

Now i could see you included another schematic with values..you see.....first image without value and the thread died very soon...i think, because of that..people loose interest thinking you had not the intention to show the values...we are diy..without values cannot do by ourselves..so...people jumped out from your thread, and was a pitty that, because the amplifier is nice.

Presentation strategy was not so good as your schematic.

Nice schematic Bogdan... was not in my files, because without values was not complete.... when my first inspection detected the schematic had not values written made me give up related the thread.

So, trying to show you some tricks... the first message saying clearly what you want.... the idea is that you wanted to show and not to share.

Please, do not understand me in a wrong way...i want to help only.

regards,

Carlos

Hi DX,

You wrote:
The player can play almost everything, all codes
AVI, MPEG, DVD and all video compression codes, also MP3 and MP4.... everything, also all world DVDs can play into the unit.
It is written "Play everything that you install into CD discs or DVD discs"

This must be the first time I hear you talk about a "source" :D and not about an amp.
Would this be used as audio source?

OT: after 8 months of bad/rainy weather here now finally we have sun, around 26°-28°C, and not a cloud :) I hope to post a nice pick from our lake, if I'm allowed to :angel: (I promise not to show my belly).

Cheers,
M

Yes Max.... reproduces sound very good, i am using it as audio source

It is 24 bits and 192 Kilohertz.... it is interesting.

Fast to find MP3 musics, and sounds great....not only this one, the modern ones are better for sound.

I will produce supplies to Precision II, and will assemble all them today.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• nice dxpeaker.jpg
    nice dxpeaker.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 816
I am building supplies, not ready yet

Two voltage supplies, i am showing you a non complete supply for a single channel.... huge supply, able to feed energy to the amplifier to face 2 ohms loads.

Small condenser are cheaper, some of them in series because of voltage, having resistance voltage dividers to help the voltage sharing and to discharge the supply when not used too.

It is not ready, i have to construct coil and install many snubbers and small capacitors, also some resistances, Leds too.

Higher voltage and lower voltage to Precision II.... the Precision 1 will use the same HRII supply with small modifications.... a single voltage into the output.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• starting supplies for precision ii.jpg
    starting supplies for precision ii.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 867
I am glad you like it..... i made my best, and already tweaking seaching for some

small improvement.

The input was published by Doctor Self (now i am addicted, i would use his T shirt and Cap too), was an arrangement to increase linearity...and the resistance, the entire input, is exactly as Self has published.... copy!!!

Also Giaime have developed the same circuit and published into My amp.

Hugh have used a modified version (even better, i have listened) in one previous amplifier, 2 models back into his line of home power...he made a 200 watts 4 ohms unit those days....because of that, i asked him if he would feel bothered if i decided to use....he said no problem...circuit is free, and his one is a little different and better, he said. (i agree)

The VAS, into the Precision 1, is almost the same as the HRII, but have included a switchable protection, the small transistor controls the input current level... sensor is into the second VAS emitter...voltage developed there.

The Precision II, will not be published, but will be revolutionary, you will have problems to recognize the stages, as they are modified... have more transistors, more auxiliary circuits and also has a switchable bootstrapp.... the user will have the option to switch from mirror/ccs to bootstrapp..... also the output will have switching, the option to have the output connected into the negative feedback line or not (Because EMF).

The amplifier to satisfy everyone, with huge power and a Mythbuster amplifier.... have doubts?

What is better?

CCS, Mirrored or Bootstrapp?

What is better?

Output connected to NFB or not?

People using it will not say anymore:

- "I think that X is better than Y!"

having the experience, the real one, the user will say... i KNOW the one is better.

This one is hard to beat....Precision 1 will be a hell to many folks...will eat thousands!

The Precision II, this one will smash... other amplifiers and designers will just say... Ship!...this hell thing is better than mine..or me!

Decent price will have.... will not need to sell our wife diamonds to buy it... and the Precision 1 is for free.... boards will be supplied by Nordic, almost price of the cost plus shipping... he may include his personal costs..not profit.... costs he is having to make that, gasoline, energy, telephone calls made because of the boards, internet provider to build the home page... those things.

regards,

Carlos

So much to do still, and never getting ahead it feels...

My car decided to eat a gearbox this weekend so first priority right now is getting it fixed... and that paid for.

Baah!!! Will probab;y not have much time today, but I did start working on PI last night again a little...

I think we will go with the version with all transistors inline... it is much more flexible to match cases and heatsinks.

I have it at the point where the board is ready to prototype.
After which it needs to travel to Carlos for verification, testing, etc.

Some folks wrote me saying that long strip is better.

Go ahead... i will be waiting to produce board testing to allow you to offer boards into group buy.

Will you behave the same?

That hard work selecting all parts to send them together?

Or will send board and more hard to find parts only?

I am still producing the Precision II supply to hard tests....my supply is huge, bigger than the final one... i will see how much condensers will really be needed into practical work..... 1 Hertz sinusoidal, full power to see if mains noise will be heard during this operation into dummy load plus speaker combinations.

Interesting...gear box use to broke too?

What is your car brand and model..... really broken or noises into the ball bearing?.... really broke or oil leakage to the clutch?....have you really broke internal gears?.... my car use to need replacement of some kit of nylon rings we have to reduce gaps into the handle we use to change speed.

Maybe the syncronizing rings..... brazilian cars gear box never produces problems...we use for 15 years our cars before to make them junk... they are sealed... we never need to replace oil.

Interesting.... i have never listened that.... someone with this kind of problem.

regards,

Carlos

......................................................................................................

Supply for Precision 1 is the same supply you use into the HRII, the difference is the Electrolitic condensers voltage...and one supply to each channel....of course capacitors will need to be higher voltage of insulation.

regards,

Carlos

I will likely do some kits includeing the protection chips, andmatched input sets... it gets easier to match some good sets, the higher the order volume gets...

I don't know where it was made... but it cost more in repais over the years than what I paid for it :(

pretty reliable, but is starting to get typical old car syndrome now...

Google says its the syncro mesh that went poop.
Still almost $300 again.... just broke even after the last $300 setback, with literaly cents to spare...

Precision I - power supply

Carlos

Got a message from SC: he is VERY happy to see that you are making good use of all those caps and fast diodes.

In the last few years I stopped using 2~4 large caps for my power supplies and started using lots of smaller size ones. Yes, the board is larger this way, but I do not really care. It "looks more impressive".
Besides all the obvious advantages, this approach also allows me to use an "universal" PCB for different experiments - all I have to do is to select the caps and diodes accordingly.

My hope is to assemble my DX HR-II by the end of this week and start enjoying it... just in time to start ordering parts for the Precision I.
I am thinking about a multi-channel system... powered speakers...
The last remaining (i.e. two) brain cells are at work... :bulb:

=============================================

Nordic

I would like to buy enough PI boards for a 4 channel system (I am not sure if you are going with a mono or stereo approach for the boards) - thanks!
I like best the in-line approach you showed on post 84, but would go with whatever design you and Carlos decide.

Cheers!

Man.... you will listen the Precision II when built... a demo board

Will travel to Rio Grande do Sul.... it is really great.

I have made, today, the EMF generator.

It is a single enclosure having two channels (ahahahah), counter phase to make speaker figth one each other..... 1.6 ohms impedance into 1 Kilohertz...imagine the impedance i made to 20 hertz?.... and to 20 Kilohertz?

I am using coils...ahahahahah...killer speaker.... condensers into the speaker input.

All this to generate EMF....maximum allowable.... an instrument to force amplifier to work hard and to check their reliability.

SPEAKILLER EMF AUDIO SCRAMBLER...is the name.

The Precision I have to survive testing over 4 ohms...but model two will have to face electrostatics and 1 ohms without burn!

Precision II will be playing into the land of Gaucho, terra da bombacha larga e das alpercatas.... land of big pants and this shoes made with coton, very confortable ones.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• gaucho de bombacha e alpargatas.jpg
    gaucho de bombacha e alpargatas.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 629
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.