Dx Precision, finally released... now debugged and better than HRII

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Please François... cool regards are better

I have just went out my fifth shower today.

Cool regards are better.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• temperature.jpg
    temperature.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 664
Re: Re: Re: Revised schematic to Dx Precision

todd:

would you happen to know what hFE grade for these devices digikey carries?

mlloyd1

taj said:

Digi-Key also carries these devices plus the output devices. The 2SC4793's are $.72 US$ ea. and only $.54 in qty 10+. (But hurry, they've only got 17,685 left in stock.) ;)

I've spoken with them about authenticity, and they assured me they buy only from Toshiba directly, and these parts are still being made, so we don't need to worry about fakes, especially the 2SC5200/A1943.

..Todd

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Hi mlloyd1,

To be honest I didn't know there were different grades available for these until you mentioned it, so I just investigated, and judging from the Digi-key part number, it looks like it's the O grade, higher gain subset. But I'm just guessing.

Digikey part#: 2SC5200-O

..Todd

PS. I believe the boards likely will be much more expensive (much larger for example). Also there are 3 lower cost models available by the time we get to PII. So you can allready get a large part of the performance for low cost...

I am not sure we will sell PCBs only for that model...
But this is still under debate between me and Carlos.

The two of us are also handicapped slightly in the sense of capital available for our projects... So, we need to make large sacrifices to bring project to fruition. Something that we need to recover...

Selling HRII gave me big respect for the kit sellers who have been around for a few years... it is immensly big work...

To make it less work for instance matching parts, would involve for instance buying 0.1% resistors... which are much more expensive... see where I'm going with this...?

I have bougth two big Sansui speakers, with 15 inches drivers..huge units for 100 W

Will put them in parallel and will install prototype to full power infrasonic frequencies not to bother neighboors (not too much).

Will be more than 240 watts, will be Precision II pumping 10 hertz or 8 hertz...i wanna see what will burn first...if transformer, if speaker or if something into the circuit.

I will be trying to kill the stuff from now on till the Precision II release in July (or a little before..will depend to finish Precision ..say.... board released and people constructing).

I am showing (sorry the image, foto machine damaged) some boards that will hold 24 high speed rectifiers, 2 voltage supplies, and electronic regulation is not shown here... this is for one channel only.... no rectifiers shown, not inductor, no resistances, not capacitors, and they will be more than 100 each channel.

I will start soon, the burn testings...wanna see reliability...can burn transformers, speakers, appartment mains..but cannot burn amplifier...if something happens will be fixed and will be more and more huge (hard to kill, to survive generations and to sound better than others)

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• pii, prototype, one channel supply filters.jpg
    pii, prototype, one channel supply filters.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 695
It will have to survive to overdriven of square waves into the input

all bandwidth sweep injected.... 2 ohms resistance load with 1 microfarad in parallel.

Will have to hold full power, for one hour, over this load, starting cold.

Do not try this with others, this is clipping test... full power... harmonics generated in a massive form...EMF returning to amplifier...do not try with your amplifier, it will burn.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• img_4679.jpg
    img_4679.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 653
You've got it!.... and better...will never have complains

As will be reliable.

Arnis Brolishs, our Microp, is listening his 50 volts Dx Classic, standard, Vanilla, whatever you call it, full power, daily, satisfied and never burns, never failed.

This is great!

The feeling that we have made something good in this life...more than childrens and some friends and some Television Studios and some people instructed into Television Operation... i made more.... i have contributed to my own group...people that swim in the same beach i use to swim...audiophiles, audio, amplifiers.

I can die tomorrow, some Dx will be playing around the globe.

Alike the surfer that starts to build boards.

Great!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• preparing supply boards.jpg
    preparing supply boards.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 626
Re: It will have to survive to overdriven of square waves into the input

destroyer X said:

all bandwidth sweep injected.... 2 ohms resistance load with 1 microfarad in parallel.

Will have to hold full power, for one hour, over this load, starting cold.
Hi Destroyer,
1uF has a reactance of about 15k @ 10Hz.
using 1uF//2r0 is not a particularly reactive load at very low frequency.

A signal that is a squarewave and overdriven is not a particularly severe condition for any components inside the amplifier.

If you want to really stress the amplifier, then select a capacitor and/or frequency where the capacitor reactance roughly equals the load resistance. Then set the sinewave input to about 70% of the voltage required to just clip the amplifier output. This will run the amplifier at just under half power into a load with a 45degreee phase angle and will really stress the output stage and drivers and to some extent the VAS as well.

My dear and lovely friend Mongo, and the nice Ed la Fontaine

A lot to be done...yeah... a feel this way...i just cannot wait.

I am ready to go!

Say, to life adventure, to make things we have to make in this life.

I was preparing some boards to show friends that will visit me, they are not audiophile, but they love music and sound equipments...i remember they have asked me if i can describe, very fast, in a short sentence what is to be an audiophile.

I told them.

- "Exotic crazy folks, they may like this capacitor here".

Then i install the unit down the board and they could see what i mean.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• exótic people.jpg
    exótic people.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 691
All audio bandwidth injected into the input

Sweep frequencies from 1 hertz to 20 kilohertz.... this means frequency will change, will increase from 10 to 10 hertz, starting very low and ending very high frequency (audio very high frequency is 20Khz), and them will start once more... alike a loop.

Radio Frequency Very High Frequencies spectrum are from 30 Megahertz to a couple of 100 Megahertz.

If this is not dangerous, try to put this into your amplifier full power..ahahahaha...you gonna see no problem.

Try 4 volts peak to peak, square wave signal..full audio band.

Also will try 2,2 uf too.... in advance say goodbye to your amplifier or search for your multimeter, some fuses and big hope ...it may survive...part of the amplifier will survive.

Mister... try to construct some...only theories do not show all problems we face into daily "explosions"

regards,

Carlos

Re: It will have to survive to overdriven of square waves into the input

destroyer X said:
.........to full power infrasonic frequencies not to bother neighboors................will be Precision II pumping 10 hertz or 8 hertz...i wanna see what will burn first...if transformer, if speaker or if something into the circuit..........
my mistake.
I thought this meant that the test signal was 10 or 8Hz and full bandwidth referred to the harmonics in the square wave. Sorry, maybe I'm not thinking clearly enough.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.