Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A

Make the pcboard youself...we did and worked great.

we have used hot iron method of image transference... xerox copy of the layout or laser copy..and then we make the image transference using hot iron for clothing... laundry hot iron.... maximum temperature and long time over the paper till it becomes yellow (burning and smelling)...several minutes applying heat..in special in the corners because it is there (outside perimeter) where more failures happens.

This works great...need some skills but the second time we d....... usually, results fine.

When we do wrong way..then we have to remove the toner using steel brush and do it again...just that.

The "never miss method", tracing red lines over the schematic and checking in the pcboard works great.

I have detected in myself .... and in some friends ... some human characteristics that are terrible.... and the method is able to prevent or to fix some of the main ones:

Menthal retardation disorder
Extreme stupidity
Lack of attention disorder
Excess of self confidence
Lack of responsibility

And the worst one..... belief..... the faith..... this is the worst.

- " I believe it is good "

All fixed by this method.... basic school training to copy something using red pencil:

- " keep tracking the duck swiming in the lake"

Even guys with bad vision (picture) can do it.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Check up.jpg
    Check up.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 495
  • Checking pcboard.jpg
    Checking pcboard.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:
I mean that we.... humans.... we fail a lot

That even beeing clever, intelligent and respectable people...with a big ammount of skills...we do mistakes all time long.

I do mistakes all time long.... alike everybody sometimes i am alike a menthaly retarded guy.

Sometimes i have lack of attention disorder

Sometimes i am not responsible because something was missed or forgoten

Sometimes i am a complete idiot.

I do think and i am quite sure we all, humans, can behave this way from time to time.

Because of that....because of mine own mistakes... and several mistakes, repeated mistakes from people that produces jobs to me..in special layout..i have developed a simple method of error tracking as i have show you in the last post.

I have made mistakes...and all guys that helped me made mistakes too...i am forced to believe, because evidences that proves that stuff...we humans needs a kind of control....of check up method, to avoid errors go ahead without correction.

I am asking Zimmer and Juan...the way i have asked to Nordic, Todd Johnson, Mitchel, Metal and several others...to check their work many times..... and if you had good pcboards and good circuits is because we did it many times..in a humble way....never having the belief we cannot make mistakes.

It is a simple observation and conclusion I came to from observation and experience over time .... we humans are absurdly flawed .... and we need a method of control not to make serious errors.

regards,

Carlos

Hello guys

Mister Carlos does not feel well and he told me to let you know about updates on Dx Super A I already check traces by traces to see any small detail to make sure all is correct I spend almost all day today and seems to be ok, but as we know is good to keep checking over and over, here is the images of what I did today I already send the update it gerbers to the company where they are going to manufacture the boards in Shenzhen

Sentak Technology Co.,Ltd-China PCB Manufacturer, Quick Turn PCB Prototyping,pcb maker,Multilayer pcb,pcb protoypes,pcb fabrication,express pcb

I will keep checking all files the Dx Regulator and Dx Super A until the last day that would be on the 4th of this month that is when the order will effective.
alright guys have a great day.
Regards
Juan

Attachments

• Dx Supe A I will keep checking anyway.jpg
    Dx Supe A I will keep checking anyway.jpg
    798.6 KB · Views: 458
  • Dx Super A - revision march, 30, 2013 reference.jpg
    Dx Super A - revision march, 30, 2013 reference.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 438
  • Dx Super A confirm values.jpg
    Dx Super A confirm values.jpg
    699.4 KB · Views: 429
  • Dx Super A.pdf
    80 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Dx Super A works together Dx Supply

But you can have amplifiers only if you like the simple standard power supply.

Audio is clean with the Dx Supply or any kind of series pass regulator that has some electronic filtering or capacitance multiplier effect... sound is still very good while using standard analogic power supply.... or, simple rectifier and filters.

I do think to push the amplifier hard, and without a good electronic filtering, you will have some main noises (60 and 120 hertz ripple) together your bass tones..this way result your bass tones will not be that pure...but....there are some guys that likes this way and they feel the sound with "more body"...as it is a multiple tone bass.

Imagine a 35 hertz tone playing...pushing it hard you gonna have 120 hertz tone of rectification not perfectly filtered..then your tone gonna have a composite tone... this happens when you use standard power supplies (rectifiers and filters)

In matter of fact, the 120 hertz tone and harmonics resulted of tones beating one to the other are weak in comparison with the main frequency of 35 hertz ...but they are there..and you perceive the bass as not perfect.

This happens when you push the power amplifier hard and when your supply is not electronically filtered.

This is up to you.... i strongly suggest you to use both... Dx Super A and Dx Supply..... will be a good experience for you life to check the performance of both parts working together....made one to the other.

If you decide to use a normal, old and standard simple supply (rectifier and filters) i do suggest, anyway, you to keep the Dx Supply, as you can adjust several voltages and this can be very helpfull to use together other projects. as a workbench power supply.

But if you want only the amplifiers..no problem at all...you can also order the supply only....not only order but you can make by yourself, as all layouts are provided to you to etch at your home.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Hello guys

Mister Carlos does not feel well and he told me to let you know about updates on Dx Super A I already check traces by traces to see any small detail to make sure all is correct I spend almost all day today and seems to be ok, but as we know is good to keep checking over and over, here is the images of what I did today I already send the update it gerbers to the company where they are going to manufacture the boards in Shenzhen

Sentak Technology Co.,Ltd-China PCB Manufacturer, Quick Turn PCB Prototyping,pcb maker,Multilayer pcb,pcb protoypes,pcb fabrication,express pcb

I will keep checking all files the Dx Regulator and Dx Super A until the last day that would be on the 4th of this month that is when the order will effective.
alright guys have a great day.
Regards
Juan

Hi Juan,

Did you get my email? I want two boards when they are available.

Thanks, Terry

Hello Carlos

Have you considered doing a layout with two amplifiers and the power supply all on the one board? A stereo amplifier with all the output transistors in a row attached to one big heatsink. It would eliminate a lot of messy wiring.

Hi sir is not a bad idea you have to incorporate all in one single board but remember that will add extra cost to the project and also can make it more difficult, yes it can be done but think about this not everyone will have the luxury to get really large enclosures, I'm a poor guy and I still not have the case for my Dx Super A's but I happy any way with what I have, the Dx Super A will be a lot smaller than the previews one 140 mm x 82 mm, what Carlos and myself was trying is to reduce size the best we can so that lower the cost if I'm to build a large boards let said 230 mm x 220 mm that will add an extra cost, and in my opinion from what I learn from mister Carlos if you design something that is "unique" always keep it that way I hope you understand sir.

Regards
Juan

Last edited:
Hello Juan

Thanks for taking the time to reply. While one big board (2ch + PSU) would be more expensive than a smaller one, the cost should be comparable or less than the combined cost of 2x 1ch boards + PSU board.

I assume most people constructing these projects build two channel amplifiers. In some cases people may build 4ch amplifiers when bi-amping their speakers, in which case they could use two large boards.

For my projects I am going to recycle old amplifier cases. Here in Australia people throw away (or sell very cheaply) their amplifier when it develops some small problem rather than have it repaired. For $10 I can buy a broken amplifier with perfectly good case, transformer and heatsink. The electronics can be disposed of and replaced with DX amplifier. It is much more cost-effective than importing metal cases from overseas, with the expensive shipping cost to "down under".

Regards

Hello Guys

For security reasons I will use this e-mail juanvargas3435@outlook.com so please anyone interested on Dx Super A + Dx Regulator use this one, also please if you guys want to order boards make sure the address you send me is correct this is really important, I will take care each individual orders making sure all goes smoothly also this might take time I do not have a big company but I will try my best to make it fast as possible so you can star your project as soon as possible I mean depends on you style of build not everyone diy same way.

Also make your address as you normally you do when you get packages at home, alright guys have a great day and have fun diy things :D.

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• Coqui seal.jpg
    Coqui seal.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 280
Last edited: