Dx Blame ST - Builder's thread - post pictures, reviews and comments here please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you dear Bigun.

I have perceived i am not addicted too.... i thougth i was..but after i was sinbinned by 15 days i perceived i have not missed DIY... or the forum...the opposite..i felt some relief, because there are some boring guys around...management let them free and punish us when we react againt them.......so..... or i healed, or i was never addicted the way i had in my imagination.

This remembers me my youth.... when i learned when we leave job for a month.... because of vacations for instance...you are showing and proving to others and to yourself that you are not needed...because your company survived without you...also you perceive that you felt good without the company too.... so... we are not indispensable, but the company is not indispensable too.

It is a lovely sensation of freedom... the day i want i can quit forum and DIY...as i have stopped activity by 2 monthes without feel bad with that.

Addiction is terrible.... i am glad we are free of these things.

I do not drink, nor smoke...now a days not eating too much anymore...i am still addicted to my kids..but i am working inside myself to be rid of that too... addiction is a disease....we must be free and let kids free too.

Blue boards are much better....next year you gonna see people building, as we are delivering 100 blue boards (only 24 to outside South America).... january people will be receiving these boards...in the first week of 2011...then some pictures may appear in this forum....mine will arrive before Christmas.... i will be the second one to have them...first was the layout reviser...in this case almost the designer, so many modifications was done if you compare to the original Todd Johnson layout.

Finally i have values instead of part numbers printed over the board....as silk screen..only the interchangeable parts have part numbers alike R1, C3, Q9... this was a big struggle along these last years...i was trying to convince layout designer about that..but they won't to go against the tradition...now i could have boards the way i wanted them...i am very happy with that.

I am satisfied with the amplifier and boards...in my heart, it is time to stop create/design/adapt/copy/test and produce things..it is time to keep offering the same good amplifier, to have fun listening and to let others work as a crazy the way i did...... i made my part...now others may do some too.

You know..to leave the stage and go to the audience...as this is much more confortable, less threatening and much more intelligent to be watching in the place to be sweting alike a labor beast while other 90 percent goes evaluating your work providing opinions only...they do not burn fingers and looks very wise...and you look ridiculous alike a labor slave surrounded by people that imagine, in a very delirant way, they are consultants.... in the reality, some of them have a lot to learn....maybe how to hold a soldering iron without burn their fingers.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Placa.jpg
    Placa.jpg
    572.8 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:
A sample... recorded using a very old Canon A310 digital camera

Even this way you can feel the sound...have just to adjust your brain's threshold...treble is much bigger and higher in frequency....of course...and bass is deeper.

If these digital cameras can show you some tolerable quality..then imagine the real world listening:

YouTube - Dx Blame amplifiers

regards,

Carlos

The group buy was closed...we have already shipped boards few days ago

But, there are 4 guys interested...you should post that you want in the group buy thread....this way Mitchel will know and may run a second round next month.

It is important to post there that you want boards...how many boards you want should be posted too.

There's a minimum quantity in order to obtain good price... so.... we need to wait more guys subscribe to the group buy to run a second round..no problem to run a second, third or fourth round....we need quantity of people only.

You have not to pay...just put your name there and then you will be accounted.

Here you have the group buy link:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...i-mkii-supercharged-groub-buy-interest-8.html

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
I am glad to see you here dear Chlorophile and also Viktor 1986

Despite i use to produce microphone recordings, this one is EE.... or recorded from the WEB.... a MP3 320K song.... was equalized to give an idea about the sonic signature, the bass impact, the bass presence and trebles. i am listening here from my low end Philips speakers.... units from Philips Nedherlands..anything special, but sounds nice... they're bookshelf speakers that i bought from a friend...his system was damaged and them i have bougth his speakers because i felt them good...can reproduce, clearly, 35 hertz.

This is the main advantage... this amplifier sounds good with almost all speakers....has a lot of tollerance...sound is always very good.

Videos you have in the youtube use to show my computer...speaker are at the monitor side..and below i have the Dx Blame ST.

Here you have a very low quality audio... recorded using an old Canon A310 digital camera... wave recording having low sample frequency...not good audio..there you see the speakers.

The real sound here is not easy to imagine...because first i have copied the music from Youtube...i have used Wavepad freeware to make the copy.... was registered in wave 44.1 and them converted to MP3 - 320K...but the master was already not good...so, the copy is not good too..then i have to equalize and copy the audio equalized to the sonic signature... then i assemble a video using Photo to Video, and this is saved in AVI...audio is codified in MP3 - 128K... then i convert to MPEGII using another software..and then go to Youtube when youtube system convert it to Flash...so.... imagine how much losses this represents... at least you see that am not lazy..i have no afraid to work hard...you see how huge is the work to prepare videos..and i have made almost 500 videos.

I ensure you, the real thing is much better....if you like the sound you heard..then you will be extremelly happy with this amplifier..because sounds really great!

Here you can see my speakers... they are reasonable...but the amplifier matched with them hundred percent.... they cannot reproduce 20 Kilohertz..but this frequency is usually absent in music...and if not absent..i cannot listen..so...i am loosing anything:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3myWTyf3PA

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
emergence of the Blame ES

Merry Christmas uncle Charlie. I had a look at the link but the video was removed. :eek: Please email me a photo of the speakers...thx.

In 10 hours time I will prepare the Blame ES, as finally I have completed a competent preamp/buffer to use. A few friends will be coming over for a Christmas party and I plan to rock the house with the Blame ES. 100dB peaks at 3m should be no problem. With some spicy indian chicken curry for lunch, it should be a blast. :D

All models, all Dx Blame models can be assembled using this same board

It can accept Dx Blame ES, Dx Blame ST, Dx Blame MKII and Dx Blame MKII Supercharged.

First and second are 50/100 watts RMS in 8/4 ohms
Dx Blame MKII accept 8 to 3 ohms loads...and this means 50 to more than 180 watts RMS

Dx Blame MKII Supercharged goes to 8 and 4 ohms...and this means 100/200 watts (minimum) RMS

Dx amplifiers are not a business....they are diy.... for free...to you to assemble...we provide layout to you to produce your own boards...also we have group buy (maybe a future second round depending on your interest) offering nice blue boards.

Group buy is here.... we have finished first round..all board shipped and already arriving at the destination... second round can happens...you have to post your interest, your order, and be waiting second round to be openned:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...kii-mkii-supercharged-groub-buy-interest.html

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• You can assemble all 4 models in this same board.jpg
    You can assemble all 4 models in this same board.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 476
That music has spanish influences...because Smartx21 lives near Uruguai

and Paraguai and Argentina...so, they love this style.

You should ask Smartx21...i really do not know the music name.

I would like to publish the image of the "plug and play" feature.... removing the trimpot and installing ad 680 ohms fixed resistance in the place..increasing R19 from 2K to 2K2 and installing 150 ohms in the place of R20 (originally 470 ohms) you can just switch on and listen.

Of course if no mistake was made in the board construction....if everything is fine, then the current will be around 50 miliamps and the amplifier will sound beautifull.

People should be carefull with C13....this position does not accept mistakes..if you increase above 100 picofarads you will loose treble..if you reduce it will oscilate and will burn your power transistors...value is 100 picofarads..check this before power your amplifier on.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Plug and play feature.jpg
    Plug and play feature.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 344
I have perceived i am not addicted too....

You know..to leave the stage and go to the audience...as this is much more confortable, less threatening and much more intelligent to be watching in the place to be sweting alike a labor beast while other 90 percent goes evaluating your work providing opinions only...they do not burn fingers and looks very wise...and you look ridiculous alike a labor slave surrounded by people that imagine, in a very delirant way, they are consultants.... in the reality, some of them have a lot to learn....maybe how to hold a soldering iron without burn their fingers.

regards,

Carlos

It's good to avoid this addiction. I went off to build a tube amplifier without too much from the Forum, without using the familiar tools, without simulations, no pcb, just building and tweaking and listening and no more design.

But now I'm back to do a little more with SS again, but the break gave me a better perspective.

I hope you will continue to play with some design ideas without the pressure to produce a fully mature design and share the results with us here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.