Dx Blame MKIII Supercharged will soon be released

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can i sell it?

In our forum we cannot do that...but we have a paid space to do these things.. you can use a home page to do that too.

But when the amplifier is copied... everybody knows..people has brain..and they will not buy if the real designer is offering...they may buy a copy when the real one is not available.

My amplifiers are almost the same as Blameless...modified but they are Blameless..if Douglas Self decide to offer.... then no one will build mine anymore.... i hope he will send me ONE free board if this happens..i will love to have him around....i will retire and will be enjoying his lovely work

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Is your amplifier better than the original Blameless?

Yes..it is!... was tuned to my ears... also i am crazy..i do think my wife is beautifull (and she is not)..also i do think my sons are the most clever guys in this world (and i could not evaluate others to say that)... i do think God is with me all time long (when he has other more important things to do then to be wasting his time with me)...so.... i can think whatever i want.

But reality may be different.

Build my amplifier man! ..then you will say what you think about.

regards,

Carlos

I do think mine amplifier is better than yours Carlos!

hehehe... try mine and compare...i will forgive your words.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Imagem 007.jpg
    Imagem 007.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 451
Why do you say we do not need preamplifiers?

Because we do not need them to use high level audio sources.

DVDs, CD players, Line out from Satelite Receivers and all stuff we have can drive our amplifier to full power....and our power amplifier can be adjusted to any input level....so...why to put all that stuff in between the audio source and the power amplifier when we can plug them direct and use the volume control from the audio source....why to use that crazy thing?..the preamplifier will receive 1 volts in its input and will put out the same.. what preamplifier did?... distorted sound only!....better to plug audio direct, then to mess with the signal...why do put that stuff in between our audio source?.... i do think this is non sense.

Of course...if you want tone controls (distorts as a hell)... volume controls and phono inputs (equalized units) then you gonna need a preamplifier..but only under some special conditions.

Each stage destroys a little bit the audio quality.

regards,

Carlos

Have i to use two supplies?

This depends the transformer you have....if your transformer can feed your bother amplifier to the power you want..then you can use this way.

Separation of channels and sound stage depends on supply....interactions are not good for sonics...better is to use, always, separated power supplies..one to each channel....but if you cannot... then use a single one...i ensure you the amplifier will continue to sound great even this way.

regards,

Carlos

I am afraid of this board Carlos....have you tested?

No!....i have some fear too..but only 2 percent of mine worries goes to this board because it is very well made by a very skilled guy... i trust in Alexandru.

I have tested the circuit and it is fine... from time to time boards creates troubles...but Alex boards never failed before..i have not reason to distrust him.

regards,

Carlos

Why you behave so unkind when people suggest modifications?

I do think people have not designed, have not tested... so... they do not know what they are talking about and trying to include their own ideas on it is awfull... they really want to go aboard a glorious ship..without pay for it...have not worked hard..have not take the risk to expose themselves to ridiculous if something goes wrong..but they want to put their name together yours.

No way!... some guys wants bonus without onus..wants glory without work for it..without take the risk.

regards,

Carlos

People feel shy to ask some foolishes.... or very basic things

and there are a lot of non skilled guys hidden.... i must inform them these things to make them appear from the bottom of their caves.

I do love to talk....yep.... as people is not posting questions..them i will post to myself.... maybe this way i will be answering something they would like to post as questions and they did not.

There's a lot that comes to my personal email with simple questions... this shows me they are shy to post questions..as they prefere something private.

Another thing, dear Simon, i had to be in evidence...i had to appear..... was a need to have posts appearing first place in the main page..because was running a group buy that was increasing orders in a very slow way...now it is fine..has a lot of orders (more than 30 heres and more than 50 in another forum).... who knows Simon?.... was because the noise i have made?.... maybe yes and maybe not... so... i do these things "just in case".

Actions can serve for nothing, can be bad and can be good.... these things i told cannot be bad for them.... for sure will be help...so.... this may be good.

Understood?

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
I have prepared, to myself, a home edition... a low power version

This helped me to compare amplifiers while using the same supply...the same range of power.

And i am showing you the schematic... basically the same amplifier... some parts replaced for tuning purposes and some parts are different because availability of these parts in my junk box.

It is not an amplifier released...it is just a curiosity for you.... i had fun producing smaller boards and using only two pairs in the output... it is sounding great..the same sound i have to the MKIII-Hx..... a little bit more high end because the smaller capacitor in the VAS....hehehe.... this made a lot of difference... VAS is the most important stage.... the most important tuning is made there.

The MKIII-Hx is already faster and have much more dinamics compared to the Supercharged MKII and the Dx Blame ST.... so....i found was unfair to compare them... would be a slaughter (heheheh)... then i decide to make them same power...same supply...this would result a more fair comparison.... sadly my camera is not able to register high frequencies..and there's the main difference between them:

‪Hx and St, a comparison‬‏ - YouTube

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• PDF Hx - Home Edition.pdf
    96.8 KB · Views: 342
Have i to use Silver Mica capacitors?.... are they really better?

Yes...they are, in special when you face critical situations.... it is more stable..capacitance remains unchanged when facing variations of amplitude and frequency... and this does not happens with a ceramic capacitor.

In SSB transmitters... Radio Frequency transmitters... when you have variations of amplitude (suppressed carrier), we have to use these capacitors.... ceramics does not work fine there...so...in the output base to ground, as tuning capacitors, we always use silver mica.

But this is needed only to the Voltage amplifier stage (VAS)..because there you have huge variations in amplitude...there the operation is critical and we need stability...in other subcircuits in audio amplifiers, you can use other kind of capacitors...i do like ceramics because not coiled inside...their construction is not coiled as others...and coils are inductors...and inductors opposed to high frequency to cross...so.... ceramics are better as bypass capacitors, these ones in parallel with rail electrolitic condensers.

I am suggesting 103 and 203 ceramics to bypass condensers.

I do think the zobel filter capacitor should be ceramic too...because non coiled...but 100n ceramic is big to be used... we need there 100 to 250 volts insulation.... and this is huge when the dieletric is ceramic...and you have not a coil thing inside.

Input capacitor does not need to be Silver Mica...or Mica..... you can use ceramics (cheaper) or other.

regards,

Carlos

Do different capacitor sounds? different brands and material used to construct them?

Watch this video and you will conclude by yourself if they sound or not.

I remember he had a second part...i could not find it now...but may be in his channel.

‪Guitar Tone Capacitors, part 1: Evaluating Material Types‬‏ - YouTube

Well..use a good amplifier and speakers to listen...or you will not able to evaluate.

Please, do not read video comments prior to listen and evaluate by yourself in order not to polute (influence) your own evaluation.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Use good speakers and amps for monitoring purposes.jpg
    Use good speakers and amps for monitoring purposes.jpg
    554.2 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Can I use these transistors?

No!... these transistors are the ones i have.. so, i have tested the amplifier with them..naturally they may be something more guarantee to you..but several others..hundreds of other models of transistor will fit.

regards,

Carlos

Hi uncle Charlie,

You almost answer my question, but not quite. I would like to know what you think would be the audible effects of using 2SC5200/2SA1943 output transistors instead of your specified ones in the DX Blame MkIII Hx. I have a bunch of 2SC5200/2SA1943 leftover from previous projects.

Appologies if you have already answered it elswhere, but I could not find it.

Thanks,
Francois

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.