Dx Blame ES .... based into the Blameless, i am trying a new amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a GIFT FOR THE DX CREW!

A friend send me this link, almost 5 thousand schematics, 385 Megabytes of electronics for you.

enjoy while i will be reading all these posts.... pdf in german language:

GigaSize.com: Host and Share your Files

Use the link or type this adress, wait the seconds they ask you to wait and them the download will start....i did it, so, it works!

regards,

Carlos

Hello Carlos

I have try, but it say that the file are deleted.

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

I will ask the one has offered me the link, if he was the responsable of that

deletion you have informed dear Gaetan, i was there to check, but i have already downloaded around 300M, and this is the download limit for me, as i am not subscribed to the site.

If the one have offered me the link had to delete, or had a download limit already reached, them i will not be able to help you.

Interesting dear Gaetan, when i have posted i was thinking about you, some years ago you had dial up connection with a very low speed or 3 Kbps or something around that, and with this speed you will spend 30 hours to download....you are the last one i was expecting to see interest to download the monster files.

I have made the download myself as i told you before, but really, has a lot of computer schematics, old things, with old parts, that are not very interesting for us, there are several audio amplifiers too, but these ones are not too big in number.

I will search for other downloads i have made in the past, i think i have some amplifiers from Elecktor, i will search for them to upload to you, only the audio schematics, the amplifier schematics.

regards,

Carlos

I was thinking, after some Doctor Self book reading and thinking about

Eva, Wahab and GV, that i have to make some changes.

The first VAS current was too high, too much dissipation to that small transistor, i have decided to reduce the current, increasing the emitter resistance.

Also, i found that i am really using the 100uf and have tried 1uf without advantage to stability in the VBE multiplier, also i have reduce and tried to unstabilize the amplifier to see some advantage... i found none, so, will keep the electrolitic condenser as it seems not be bad there, also Doctor Self is using.... it may not be so annoying.

Orkut friends already started to produce boards, they will assemble, and them i will check if my board has caused unstabilities or not.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 220 ohms is better.gif
    220 ohms is better.gif
    22.8 KB · Views: 423
  • Return to 100uF.gif
    Return to 100uF.gif
    29.4 KB · Views: 417

Interesting dear Gaetan, when i have posted i was thinking about you, some years ago you had dial up connection with a very low speed or 3 Kbps or something around that, and with this speed you will spend 30 hours to download....you are the last one i was expecting to see interest to download the monster files.
regards,

Carlos

Hello Carlos

I still had my dial up connection with a very low speed, but your file was seem interesting and I did want to know how much hours it would take to download it.

But since you did look at that file and say that it was not interesting for us, I take your word and I will forget that big file.

Now I'm repairing and modifying an old Crimson amp for my friend the jazz pianist.

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Last edited:
If you want, give me a couple of days and i can produce something to you

i can remove, separate or select the audio amplifiers only, prepare Gif images (smaller) and zipped them to you.

"Tu sais Je t'aime, tu es un bon ami et je suis en mesure de le faire pour vous"

You know i like you very much, you are a very good friend and i am prepared to do that for you.

regards,

Carlos

Todd has produced the earlier first try prototype, and as usual

a very nice work, very good to my eyes.

He gonna start to analise to make it even better.

To beginners:

Magnetic shield is a piece of board not etched, soldered, or glued or fixed using wires as leads soldered in the board the same way you solder parts, holes and leads crossing holes and beeing soldered, the copper side is connected to ground.

The output coil is crossed by several amperes, also a lot of volts are there, there are power, and this produces electro magnetic energies that can be picked by the surrounding parts...doing this way you shield and nothing will happens, you can even install near the input capacitor without troubles.

Great!

Yeeeessssssss!

Attachments

• Board plus magnetic shield.gif
    Board plus magnetic shield.gif
    75.6 KB · Views: 386
  • The way hugh did to Aksa 55.gif
    The way hugh did to Aksa 55.gif
    92.1 KB · Views: 391
  • Todd Board prototype.gif
    Todd Board prototype.gif
    76.7 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
To beginners, the resistance hidden under the board

a feature from the old and good Aksa 55 from Aspen Amplifiers.

Two hundred ohms resistances are soldered bellow the fuse holders, under the board, so, they behave as protective resistances when you remove fuses.

You install a DC voltimeter and switch power on (or two voltimeters, one to each rail), then you will measure a DC developed over these resistance extremes, 4 volts reading means you will have 0.040A crossing.

Ohms law application, current is voltage developed into a resistance divided by teh resistance ohms value:

4 divided by 100 = 0.040

regards,

Carlos

About the Dx Blame ES audible experience i am having those last days

First, noise is low, you have almost to touch your ears to the speaker to listen the electronic hissing noise... 4 inches distant is not audible anymore.

Audio amplifiers, even though absolutely flat
in its frequency response, exhibit their own
characteristics, a kind of character, a sonic signature.
You can play with bass, midranges or treble
dominant, more visible, clearer and looking
be higher in electrical and acoustic level (it is not!)

This amplifier, Dx Blame ES has the treble and
also voices very present, the singers seems to be
singing inside your house, since the very low end is not dominant,
is controlled, technically perfect but slightly lacking
a little spice, a bit of charm, is strong, but not
impressive.

Lovely amplifier, has not all that impressive bass the Dx Standard has, but is much better when you accept a shy bass.

regards,

Carlos

i can remove, separate or select the audio amplifiers only, prepare Gif images (smaller) and zipped them to you.

"Tu sais Je t'aime, tu es un bon ami et je suis en mesure de le faire pour vous"

You know i like you very much, you are a very good friend and i am prepared to do that for you.

regards,

Carlos

Hello Carlos

Wen a big file are very interesting, I can go, at the Saturday, to the public library to use their high speed internet and my USB memory key, but it's a bit far from my home.

I have downloaded few of your youtube video by going at that library, like the video of you and Larissa in a car and we see your home intrance where you park your car.

You can just look for the most interesting amps schematics and one day you gather them to made one zip file. Nothing rush, do it wen you feel to do it.

Btw, how is your health now ?

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

First, noise is low, you have almost to touch your ears to the speaker to listen the electronic hissing noise... 4 inches distant is not audible anymore.

This amplifier, Dx Blame ES has the treble and
also voices very present, the singers seems to be
singing inside your house, since the very low end is not dominant,
is controlled, technically perfect but slightly lacking
a little spice, a bit of charm, is strong, but not
impressive.

Lovely amplifier, has not all that impressive bass the Dx Standard has, but is much better when you accept a shy bass.

regards,

Carlos

Hello Carlos

Maby the CCS for the input LTP made the bass shy.

Me for most of my amps I use zener and no CCS.

Bye

Gaetan

Last edited:
Yeah!...the hell CCS may be the one is doing that, the main difference i have is the

CCS, well...when we do not like something we blame it about everything that happens:

The wife is not kind today.... the CCS is the guilty one!
It is raining too much........... the CCS is bringing bad luck!
The food result salted...........once again the hell CCS hucking my patience!

The health is not very good, blood circulation is almost "kaput"..the belly is smashing the "lower countries", i am fat alike a beached whale...and despite all that stuff i continue to be happy alike an idiot (i should be).

Hugh said to walk, and i am doing, but i hate walk, in the reality i am going to the beach to see the girls passing by..... but, i have only eyes for my wife...i am this way.

It is all rigth, amplifiers are wonderfull, daugther is now a woman with 170 centimeters tall, other daugthers are in the College, one will finish and be a Judge next year.... well...it is all rigth.

Will manage to produce your images slowly, in a such way you will be able to download them at your own home.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Shampoo is making my white hair blonde.jpg
    Shampoo is making my white hair blonde.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 471
  • The lady in red..lovely.jpg
    The lady in red..lovely.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 458
  • Will reach 7 feet tall very soon.jpg
    Will reach 7 feet tall very soon.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 426
Eva, Wahab and GV, that i have to make some changes.

The first VAS current was too high, too much dissipation to that small transistor, i have decided to reduce the current, increasing the emitter resistance.

Carlos

no wonder that i adjusted the value to 330R in the revised schematics
i sent you...it was not by chance...
also, for good bass, the booststrap capacitor is strategic..
47 uF as in all old schematic is to meager if the amp
must be used at high power output..
220uF is more adapted...

My people, from the Orkut group of builders, are already building

Mr. Comerllate is already trying Todd board, even not having the final revised layout (minor modifications to be made, nothing that can impeach the good operation).

Also we have another one, Danilo, that is trying our own group local layout, Orkut layout to be build for us too, a second option, not the official option that is Todd Johnson pcboard layout, he is the board and schematic designer, the Art Director from the Corporation, overseas director.

the layout was not checked, this one dark blue was not even revised, i am just showing and informing you what is going on this side of the Globe.

Brazilians are moving their a---s.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Renato Comerlatte.jpg
    Renato Comerlatte.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 164
  • Already starting.gif
    Already starting.gif
    175.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Board.gif
    Board.gif
    94.5 KB · Views: 94
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.