Dx Blame ES .... based into the Blameless, i am trying a new amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you once again dear Sakis, local people wants to capture

.. to robber my keyring (key chain), this one from Eastelectronics.

No way!, I will keept them for my personnal use!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Eastelectronics.jpg
    Eastelectronics.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Measured performance of my amplifier is attached, try to post Yours;)
Hey BV,

You obviously haven't been around here long if you think Carlos is even a little bit interested in measurement results. He designs amplifiers only to please his ears. Your graph would be better appreciated in a different thread, but I'd recommend showing your schematic with it next time so we can more fully appreciate your ingenuity. :worship:

..Todd

Dear Taj, having free time, please change the first VAS transistor resistance

This second amplifier confirmed to me this need.

We have Renato already producing your board...soon it will be tested.

In the reality there are three producing your boards, but 2 of them, including Renato, had problems to find good laser photocopier machines in their town, laser machines are not used at home here, because too much expensive to us...so, they tried with the copies they could have but result was not good using the hot transference of toner method (hot iron), then they decide to paint using their own hand, using permanent pen.

This results in not so different inductances, because length is the same, but capacitances are a little bit different because traces are thicker and i can see a short he will need to scratch to remove the paint.... well Todd, inductances and capacitances creates tuned circuits..we gonna see the result,but sadly will not be really your board test the way i was dreaming.

They leave in small towns, place of farmers and cowboys, not too much shops available to produce good printer copies... those machines that uses toner.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Renato board.JPG
    Renato board.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 398
  • Correct value, change please!.gif
    Correct value, change please!.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
Please, if you intend to build, wait for us, we are testing the board

and we have found a small mistake to be fixed...wait my okay, because my local friends are building to test.

This is needed, some capacitances together inductances, present in the pcboard may ressonate in VHF frequencies, and we go using high frequency transistor able to operate in such high frequencies..... when the transistor is able and the board present a tuned, a ressonant circuit , then, the oscilation is guaranteed.

Boards, all them, need to be tested, assembled and tested to be guaranteed as beeing good for forum folks to use.

I am already happy, i have people building, so, if at least one forum folks building will be good advertising to the amplifier, will make my day and my job payment will be the happyness to see people buiding, i love to share amplifiers,this is feeding my soul and ego those last years... i feel good and someone usefull in this life when people use the result of my work.

I love to feel myself an useful person, living on this planet, not alone, acting an activity where I make all my effort to cooperate with some friends of our audio communitty. I love to share my joy and enthusiasm about these amps, that's why I demand that the circuit boards been tested so I can ensure they are reliable, in a such way my friends, and partners in this audio passion, will not face problems at home while assembling the circuit.

People selfish, arrogant, that only enters to show themselves, those ones i dislike and i use to keep them distant... to show themselves is natural, there's no problem about that, the problem is to show themselves ONLY, and not to really cooperate, that common predator behavior, to point other guy's errors only, to show themselves as very clever, skilled and experienced, where no helping hand is offered, people hunting for failures to appear as brigth enginneers... this is harmfull and unkind and must be ballanced by real service to the communitty....go under the spot ligth fellows, be on the stage, but do something for the communitty instead to be buzzing around.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Will prepare the circuit operation description, how it works, will make it in

Portuguese, because my local people is asking for that... also i am thinking to use MP3 audio narrative, as this is easier and faster to produce.

Are there interested folks to have the description in English too?

If more than five i will post here in a couple of days.... but is better not to post, as this is material to annoying folks to use to bother us (the correctors), they will say that electrons flows from negative to positive, and sometimes i use the opposite to describe.

Maybe will be better to send to your email.

carlos.eugenio1951@yahoo.com

You know, from one direction or from other, from negative to positive or from positive to negative,the voltage drop over resistances are the same.

Dx Blame ES audio sample:
YouTube - Dx Blame ES Audio Sample

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• The Craftsman styled board.jpg
    The Craftsman styled board.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
Hi Carlinhos,

Will prepare the circuit operation description, how it works, will make it in
Portuguese, because my local people is asking for that... also i am thinking to use MP3 audio narrative, as this is easier and faster to produce.

Are there interested folks to have the description in English too?

Of course we are interested, especially the function of the bootstrap cap and the importance of the CCS or zener Reg dilemma...I am investigating those but no good and brief source about power amps found...so I am reading Dr. Self's "Self on Audio" and I expect to show up here soon :D

Love and kisses,
M

PS: which one would be the bootstrap cap here again? :warped:

Hello dear Max, i feel good to have you here once again

I am not good speaking in spanish dear Max, can you understand portuguese or you prefer english?

I have not started to prepare...but as soon was produced i will mail to you, gladly!

Have you posted your email adress?.... if not, then write to me please.

Do you have pirate pdf copy dear Max?...if you have, please, upload to me, i am deeply interested, i have this one, a pirate copy, of course if you want......

carlos.eugenio1951@yahoo.com

Saludos,

Carlos

Attachments

• Do you have pirate copy.gif
    Do you have pirate copy.gif
    93 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
We have discovered a mistake on the PCB. I will correct it later today.

On the PCB, if you have already etched it, you can cut a trace and add a short jumper to fix it. I will illustrate that later today as well. Otherwise wait for the PCB layout to be fixed.

..Todd

Attachments

• oops.png
    oops.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 315
Maybe will not be needed, Sergio Vaz have experience the troubles i had with this

amplifier, same troubles, overheating and bias control non operative after some minutes playing, even with small stand by current, it may be oscilating, triggered by the audio signal entering, you know, the amplifier is in the threshold of oscilation, excessive gain i think.

I have sent him these ideas to try (attached schematic), we gonna see in the next exciting chapter, if will work stable or not, i have two operating, but after a lot of hard work to stabilize the unit, after several parts damaged during the work to stabilize....will see if will work, otherwise the amplifier will be buried into the Blamecrash family graveyard.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Blame Crash!.gif
    Blame Crash!.gif
    144.1 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.