DSP Xover project (part 2)

I still prefer linear over switched for opamp supply so its good to see analogue seperated out.

Me too although I'll test SMPS as well. I made a dedicated simple linear supply (as posted earlier).

Attachments

• Najda_PSU.jpg
    Najda_PSU.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 667
Yes I did see that post. What voltage are you feeding into the 5v reg? What current is it capable of?

About 9.5 VDC at normal load where about 8 VDC is required. It's a 2 A regulator (78S05) so about 2 A continous although it would get a bit too hot with 9.5 VDC in. Obviously the Najda will draw well under 1 A so that will not be a problem here.

Last edited:
About 9.5 VDC at normal load where about 8 VDC is required. It's a 2 A regulator (78S05) so about 2 A continous although it would get a bit too hot with 9.5 VDC in. Obviously the Najda will draw well under 1 A so that will not be a problem here.

Yep heat is the price we pay for linear. I am putting together a hybrid power supply that will efficiently provide 5v 2.5 amp and dual rail linear at 1.5amp. I am just fine tuning the layout before I get some boards made up if your interested.

Power Supply for Najda

First Bench tests are very promising. As power supply I have choosen two low noise regulated power supplies which will give me -+12V +5V and +9 V for the hardkernel X2 controller. The plan is to have the device controlled headlessly without USB connection to the host.
Ultimatively I would like to develop a couple of web services tp remote control the najda DSP board.

Attachments

• image (1).jpeg
    image (1).jpeg
    834.6 KB · Views: 649
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    677.1 KB · Views: 610
First Bench tests are very promising. As power supply I have choosen two low noise regulated power supplies which will give me -+12V +5V and +9 V for the hardkernel X2 controller. The plan is to have the device controlled headlessly without USB connection to the host.
Ultimatively I would like to develop a couple of web services tp remote control the najda DSP board.

Hi Markus, good to hear from you. That's an impressive power supply you have here! Looking forward to your progress.

I have released V0.0.8, it's available from the website in the download section.

List of changes:

- Custom biquads (DF1 coefficients)
- Global EQ Bypass on each channel
- Small Apple remote support
- Auto-mute when SPDIF input is not PCM
- Individual IR commands for selecting each source
- Channel Status of SPDIF out 5 (channels 9&10) show now the sampling frequency.
- Bug fix for the I2S input. It should be fine now for everybody.

When you connect first time after you installed the files, NUC (Najda Under Control, a short suggested by Shaun ;) ) will load the new firmware onto the board.

As usual when updating an external device from your computer, please make sure not to turn off the PC, pull off the power chord or USB cable. Update lasts about a minute, and you will loose all your settings and presets :mad:.

Many thanks to Shaun and Paal for testing the soft!!!

The mix FIR/IIR will follow soon.

Nick

I've made some progress on my Najda build...

I will use MEC navkit and 5G serie switch along with the Vishay IR receiver for the navigation panel

I will use two rows of 4 leds (2 mm flat top) :

one row of four red led for all clipping indication

one row for general indication with yellow and green leds. For the time being only two are for Najda

A meanwell net35C will give me +/-15V & 5.5V and a LDO regulator board (right hand side) will bring those to +/-12V and 5V.

An Amanero USB-I2S will be mounted verticall on a shiel that could accept an optional isolator board also.

Still some space left for future use...

Now I have to make it real !

Jean Claude

Attachments

• Najda full rev3a.jpg
    Najda full rev3a.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 779
  • Navi panel Najda rev3a.jpg
    Navi panel Najda rev3a.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 746
  • Najda front rev3a.jpg
    Najda front rev3a.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 620
I get this message when starting the app:
XML Parsing error:not well formed (invalid token) at line 4

Whats this?

Hi Ake,

Have you edited the file manually? Otherwise please send me on my email the nsf file for inspection.

I will use MEC navkit and 5G serie switch along with the Vishay IR receiver for the navigation panel

one row for general indication with yellow and green leds. For the time being only two are for Najda

A meanwell net35C will give me +/-15V & 5.5V and a LDO regulator board (right hand side) will bring those to +/-12V and 5V.

An Amanero USB-I2S will be mounted verticall on a shiel that could accept an optional isolator board also.

Jean Claude

Hi Jean-Claude, that's gorgeous! Have you selected a display already?

Nick

Jean Claude

hello jean

what package do you use to do your 3-D modelling ?

do you use sketch-up ?

regards
trev

I have released V0.0.8, it's available from the website in the download section.

List of changes:

- Small Apple remote support(1)
- Individual IR commands for selecting each source (2)

Nick

Hi Nick

(1) Is the Apple Remote this one ? Apple Remote for iPhone or iPod: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Sure looks great !

(2) is the Apple remote compatible with source selection, as it has very few buttons ( navigation + menu + => the latest could be mute or stdbye

Hi all

Is there a good source for these Apple remotes ? (19€ at Apple store)
Any experiençe of using them with Najda ergonomically speaking ?

BR
Jean-Louis

Hi Jean-Louis

(1) Is the Apple Remote this one ? Apple Remote for iPhone or iPod: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Sure looks great !

Yup that's the one I've used to check the implementation. I think the previous model (white and plastic) uses the same protocol, but not tested with Najda.

(2) is the Apple remote compatible with source selection, as it has very few buttons ( navigation + menu + => the latest could be mute or stdbye

Yes, there are two ways now for changing source.

One way is individual keys, i.e. one key per source.

The other way is one single key for all sources: when you press that key, you select the next source available:
Analogue -> Coax -> Optical -> I2S (if enabled) -> Analogue etc....
See the updated manual p.12.