DSP Xover project (part 2)

Anyway a brand new NUC is coming out soon...

Hi Nick,

Like everyone, I'd love an update on what the future holds for our boards. It is obvious that you put a huge amount of thought into the hardware design and left it open to supporting many, many things. The firmware needed to support everything the board is capable of is obviously difficult to develop - some further insight into which features you have prioritised may help us plan new projects based on this board.

Najda does not recognize WaveIO i2S

Hi,

I have put together Najda to test it together with the WaveIO and made the necessary connections as described in the building manuals.

IMG_4130.JPG

Than it was time to start up and test. I ofcourse connected fromWaveIO to exp. board 1 of Najda:

V+ to pin 28 (5Volt)
DT to pin 1 (i2S line1)
LR to pin 25 i2S_FSR
BC to pin 23 i2S_CKR
Isolated GNDs to pin 2 DGND

IMG_4129.JPG

I connected Najda's pin 10 to 13 (DGND to IS_EXT1\ for letting Najda know there's an external i2S source on this port.

However: I am still not able to select the i2S source in the Menu. Only analogue, coaxial and optical are options.

I think there's nothing wrong with the WaveIO, because it is recognized by my computer. It plays music I think, because the LED's of Host Active, Audio Streaming and Sampling Rates function properly when I stream music.

In a way Najda won't see the WaveIO board.

Do you have suggestions what the cause could be of the problem?

Greetings Peter

Last edited:
Hi,

I have put together Najda to test it together with the WaveIO and made the necessary connections as described in the building manuals.

View attachment 489339

Than it was time to start up and test. I ofcourse connected fromWaveIO to exp. board 1 of Najda:

V+ to pin 28 (5Volt)
DT to pin 1 (i2S line1)
LR to pin 25 i2S_FSR
BC to pin 23 i2S_CKR
Isolated GNDs to pin 2 DGND

View attachment 489340

I connected Najda's pin 10 to 13 (DGND to IS_EXT1\ for letting Najda know there's an external i2S source on this port.

However: I am still not able to select the i2S source in the Menu. Only analogue, coaxial and optical are options.

I think there's nothing wrong with the WaveIO, because it is recognized by my computer. It plays music I think, because the LED's of Host Active, Audio Streaming and Sampling Rates function properly when I stream music.

In a way Najda won't see the WaveIO board.

Do you have suggestions what the cause could be of the problem?

Greetings Peter
Please check if you really connected pin 10-13 with a bridge!!
Start NUC again and you should be able to to select the I2s connection. Did you give the I2s connection a Name?
cheers
Sigi

Yep I bridged pin 10 and 13 and soldered it on the top. Are pins soldered thru hole or should I solder backplane also?

Greetings Peter

I just soldered the 2 Pins with a short copper wire. Are you shure that you are identifying pin 10 and 13 correctly? I never had a problem to select I2s after bridge implementation. A control if backplane is connected can't harm
Cheers
Sigi