DSP Xover project (part 2)

Can the unbalanced outputs be made to work well with Hypex UcD and Ncore amplifier modules.

Yes, using the very clever trick of just connecting the unbalanced outputs to the inputs of the nCore modules. :)

You can feed a proper, differential balanced input with an unbalanced signal without any problems - the input doesn't care if the signal started out as balanced or unbalanced, all it cares about is the voltage difference between the inverting and non-inverting input. The fact that one of them might be connected to earth/ground on the source doesn't matter (apart from a higher susceptibility to ground hum if you get things wrong). Electrical safety and chassis earthing is a different story...

Anyone know what to do when Najda crashes? Turned on today and found my left speaker (channels 1-4) is outputting the same full range sound from each channel, and the right speaker is silent. Hooked up to the laptop and the NUC monitor confirmed the left drivers are full range, while the right channels are all stuck at -12db.

My crossovers are all in place however.

Tried off/on, disconnect power cable and plug in again - no luck.

Anyone know what to do when Najda crashes? Turned on today and found my left speaker (channels 1-4) is outputting the same full range sound from each channel, and the right speaker is silent. Hooked up to the laptop and the NUC monitor confirmed the left drivers are full range, while the right channels are all stuck at -12db.

My crossovers are all in place however.

Tried off/on, disconnect power cable and plug in again - no luck.

Yes, there is a bug somewhere in the system. What actually happens is that your preset is corrupted it seems.

Someone has sent to me his board back for inspection, so I could confirm that this sort of thing can happen unfortunately.

I haven't managed to reproduce that however, and the board that was returned to me didn't help me too much because memory is read-protected - so I need to reproduce that in the lab otherwise I can't see what's going wrong.

What I found out however is a way to fix that:
1. Create a new simple setup (a pass-through for example) and store it as a preset. Delete all other presets.
2. Disconnect from NUC. Turn off the Najda, turn on again.
3. Connect again with NUC and store again your original preset. Should work now.

If you can give me a step-by-step procedure to reproduce the bug, that's going to help me a lot and I'll issue a fix.
Anyway a brand new NUC is coming out soon...

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Nick

Anyway a brand new NUC is coming out soon...

Nick, what does this mean with respect to those of us waiting for promised further development, and this last bug (it could happen again, with destructive consequences)? Also, there was recent discussion and questions posed to you that were not responded to; I would like to get clarity on the situation.

Nick's solution worked I'm glad to say.

It is hard to say what I was doing before it crashed since I was loading various EQ files and making adjustments. However, I know I was trying to clear a lot of files from the Najda folder before switching off and for ease of sorting had tried to relocate some files to a new folder, which I know NUC could not find the next day. The crash problem arose when I switched on again the next day.

Don't mess with the Najda folder!?

Happy ending anyway. Now looking to hook up Amanero to the Najda. If anyone can tell me how that is done that would be great!

Nick's solution worked I'm glad to say.
Now looking to hook up Amanero to the Najda. If anyone can tell me how that is done that would be great!

Hi,
its not difficult:
5V are provided by the USB-Connector
Pin 3 (Data) Amanero goes to pin 1 of Najda expansion Port 1
Pin 5 (L/R) Amanero goes to pin 25 of Najda " "
Pin 4 (Clock) Amanero goes to pin 23 of Najda. " "
Ground Pin (13 or 14,15)Amanero goes to ground Pin 24 or 26 of Najda
Don't forget to make a bridge between Pin 10-13 on Najda expansion port1
Enjoy!:(