Don't kill the messenger!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
My current questionable favorite is a product by Synergistic Research called PHT. I have to smile whenever I see an ad for this device. No idea what it means or how it could possibly work other than to change the effective mass of the tone arm ever so slightly. It comes in 8 different "species" each with very specific claimed attributes.

PHT grown in California. Legal in all 50 States! | Synergistic Research

They make lots of other "interesting" stuff as well.

I don't move in circles subject to the sort of audio misery these devices are purported to address so I've never even seen one of these things.

And those are what now?

Since Tony has said that religious references are apt, my answer is this.

"Either make the tree good, and its fruit good; or make the tree bad, and
its fruit bad; for the tree is known by its fruit. The good man out of his
good treasure brings forth good, and the evil man out of his evil treasure
brings forth evil."

Shun Mook Audio Inc. doesn't think much of their customers, why would
they do any different about using religious symbols.

My current questionable favorite is a product by Synergistic Research called PHT. I have to smile whenever I see an ad for this device. No idea what it means or how it could possibly work other than to change the effective mass of the tone arm ever so slightly. It comes in 8 different "species" each with very specific claimed attributes.

PHT grown in California. Legal in all 50 States! | Synergistic Research

They make lots of other "interesting" stuff as well.

I don't move in circles subject to the sort of audio misery these devices are purported to address so I've never even seen one of these things.

This and other devices like it show what a joke some aspects of audio reproduction have become... and if it doesn't change its going to get sillier and as a hobby attract more ridicule. These and similar devices distract from where the real gains in audio are being made, the trouble is the "high end fraternity" are so sure of their hearing abilities and exclusiveness to the club that they scoff and show disdain to those actually doing something based on reality...
Synergistic Research are one of the worse things to happen to audio.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.