Don't kill the messenger!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Apparently so do some speaker manufacturers who incorporate Bybees into their designs. They must be totally gullible.

Its a marketing ploy, nothing more sorry, its a part of high end audio to promote the myths, you are buying into an exclusive club, where your hearing is superior to the rest because we mere mortals cannot afford the gear to hear these changes....
Get real, why don't they use it on submarine power supplies then to cut noise?????? why only in audio.....

Instead of silly replies why not reply with some pertinent facts and proof to support some of the sillier things such as Bybee's, there is nothing but marketing spiel for gullible audiophiles... Oh and the fact that many versed in physics point out that the claims break many of the rules of physics....
Your support and many others support of the silly side of audiophillia does more harm to the hobby than good, creating the view to many that audiophiles are a bit strange... hence the tone of your reply and no doubt you unshaken belief in your super human hearing abilities, that shall not be turned by common sense, facts or God forbid measurements and DBTs.:p

Audiophiles repent! The final march on good sound has begun.

Blessed are the deaf: for they shall inherit the earth :p

That's exactly what I thought many moons ago when they started marketing directional cables and in the intervening time I was proven right: High end audio is dead and 'audiophiles' are seemingly deaf having long ago supplanted sound engineering practices with insane believe systems leading to Bybees, $10k/m speaker cables etc.

Let me tell you first hand experience what a true golden ear
businessman audiophile conduct was in my case.

Back then when I was a bit younger I have had this fantasy
of becoming a loudspeaker manufacturer, I even had the right
contacts in the furniture industry and the know how, but before
that I wanted to do some research on how potential customers
and people in this business would react to. Once a reputable cable
"manufacturer" (one man show) approached to me offering his
services of marketing by spreading around the word under one
condition, to use his speaker cables in my speakers and clearly
stating that in the process. We haven't discussed any details
because I am such a person that simply won't be blackmailed.

If one can guarantee to support your product for the right sum,
who sais that one won't do the opposite when you refuse that.

Besides that, a magazine covering audio would demand a sum
for selling me the add page in every new issue of the magazine.

So, while the reactions of the audience were positive, none of the
people even considered to spend one dime on a product with no name
and no reputation. You see, marketing people know that and they will
sell your name and do whatever it takes to make it work for the
right sum. No technical talks were necessary, they just wouldn't know
about that. So, having all that in mind, I decided to not waste my energy
and funds on a business that rests on crooked foundations.

You see, you can get to the truth by examining the laws of physics
or the alternative way of human psychology.

Now, I'll quote the Scriptures the right way.

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied."

Last edited:
Maybe the speaker manufacturers that use Bybee's use them as an extra selling point for their targeted consumers. High cost and subscription to the more esoteric side seems to be the thing with some high end audio, with the cost of equipment often being a metric for whether you can benefit from these add-ons, mundane midrange gear (but well engineered) dosn't have the resolution (instability:)) to benefit from the magic such devices as BQP's and Battery Ground Tweaks (they even do a USB version that will make your computer run better!!!:spin:).

Instead of silly replies why not reply with some pertinent facts and proof to support some of the sillier things such as Bybee's, there is nothing but marketing spiel for gullible audiophiles...

Right, there is a huge field of medical instrumentation for instance you know things like the quality of peoples lives. This stuff doesn't figure there Jack Poop, nada, get over it.

Instead of silly replies why not reply with some pertinent facts and proof to support some of the sillier things such as Bybee's, there is nothing but marketing spiel for gullible audiophiles... Oh and the fact that many versed in physics point out that the claims break many of the rules of physics....
Your support and many others support of the silly side of audiophillia does more harm to the hobby than good, creating the view to many that audiophiles are a bit strange... hence the tone of your reply and no doubt you unshaken belief in your super human hearing abilities, that shall not be turned by common sense, facts or God forbid measurements and DBTs.:p
Again, we can't all be sane. I like Bybee people they are interesting and probably not always violent.

Let me tell you first hand experience what a true golden ear
businessman audiophile conduct was in my case.

Back then when I was a bit younger I have had this fantasy
of becoming a loudspeaker manufacturer, I even had the right
contacts in the furniture industry and the know how, but before
that I wanted to do some research on how potential customers
and people in this business would react to. Once a reputable cable
"manufacturer" (one man show) approached to me offering his
services of marketing by spreading around the word under one
condition, to use his speaker cables in my speakers and clearly
stating that in the process. We haven't discussed any details
because I am such a person that simply won't be blackmailed.

If one can guarantee to support your product for the right sum,
who sais that one won't do the opposite when you refuse that.

Besides that, a magazine covering audio would demand a sum
for selling me the add page in every new issue of the magazine.

So, while the reactions of the audience were positive, none of the
people even considered to spend one dime on a product with no name
and no reputation. You see, marketing people know that and they will
sell your name and do whatever it takes to make it work for the
right sum. No technical talks were necessary, they just wouldn't know
about that. So, having all that in mind, I decided to not waste my energy
and funds on a business that rests on crooked foundations.

You see, you can get to the truth by examining the laws of physics
or the alternative way of human psychology.

Now, I'll quote the Scriptures the right way.

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied."
I wrote hundreds of reviews for real gearheads without lying, it can be done.

That's exactly what I thought many moons ago when they started marketing directional cables and in the intervening time I was proven right: High end audio is dead and 'audiophiles' are seemingly deaf having long ago supplanted sound engineering practices with insane believe systems leading to Bybees, $10k/m speaker cables etc.
But true audiophile quality is making a comeback via the gaming geeks and millennials with headphones thank god, Check out Creative's new Soundblaster, incredible specs great converters and a very nice chip amp. Kids will hear these and progress.

Just googles bybees, I've never laughed so much in years. Thanks for that. I'm a dyed in the wool Luddite. I believe wire is wire, I use whatever is handy that will pass the required signal without significant loss. I also eschew tone controls, but that's a separate issue. Crossovers? Don't get me started.

Fyi, If you see me start a thread like this , you can bet it is not the place to discuss things like "Bybees" unless we wish to move the discussion into audiophile mental health issues. For the record I am dead set on getting rid of bs in audio.

Either serious audio is getting rid of this BS or the BS gets rid of serious audio.

So far it seems the latter to be the case but as you pointed out in your previous post there is still hope.

Just googles bybees, I've never laughed so much in years. Thanks for that. I'm a dyed in the wool Luddite. I believe wire is wire, I use whatever is handy that will pass the required signal without significant loss. I also eschew tone controls, but that's a separate issue. Crossovers? Don't get me started.

Did you look at the shun mook stuff?

Shun Mook Audio, Inc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.