Does anyone have some idea about Rega Elex amplifer?

RIGHT CHANNEL DEAD

HELLO.

Nice to see this thread with all the tips and tricks.

I was about to throw away my 15 y old elex after the right channel became dead when i noticed this thread. The volume were unfortunately on max when a strong signal came from the source, which for the moment were my harddiskrecorder.

Anyone know what I should do? I guess I need the schematics. Can anyone please send it to me. :):):) ... please, please...

best regards lakris

Did anyone know exactly if the schematics of the elex and the elicit are the same except the second power supply and the other transistors at the power-amp?
If this is the only difference, the sound of both will be nearly the same I think.

It would be interesting if someone has successfully upgraded his elex to an elicit.

Marc

Hello,
now I own a elex too, and I'm very interested in the schematics / service manuals of the ELEX and the ELICIT.

Could please somebody mail me the schematics to: email [at] cobra71 [dot] de

I'm very interested in upgrading the elex to elicit.
Did anybody know if the transformers are still common?
Are the transformers of the elicit the same type of the elex?

If you are interested, I have many Service Manuals of the old Philips CD-Players with CDM0/CDM1/CDM4-19 etc.

regards

Marc from Germany

I got my Elex yesterday and have a problem.
The left channel has strong distortions, the right channel is playing good.

Did anyone know this error?

I still haven't the schematics, could someone mail them to me, without them it's much harder to fix the problem.

regards

Marc