Do you want to learn how to build a better ESL?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sound is not the same for everyone

Listen to PINK Floyd's "TIME"
PAUL MAURIAT "El condor pasa"

Ask each person what they hear and you will get very different responses.
I remember the first time I heard the ESS Transars - WOW. (No longer made by ESS. They had problems with the plates.)
Listen to the ESS AMT6. I have a pair of Martin Logan AERON i now
and they sound just FANTASTIC! I use to dislike electrostatic speakers!

All the science all the maths finally comes down to the listener's EAR! Also the type of music the person likes.
That is why there are so may speaker mfgs.

I believe the best speaker in the world is the one that sounds the best to you!!!!

I love the sound of a KLIPSHORN. (You may not) He once said, what the world needed was a good 5 watt amplifier! (Patented in the early 40s and NEVER updated.)
After you build a Rolls Royce what do you build next!

ALSO as you get OLDER the sound changes - tell me about it!

What I believe is to pursue and keep on looking for better ways to reproduce sound as close to the original as we can.

Remember we had wax then vinyl then CDs.

When an ESL is mixed with a woofer it has a less tinny sound.

How about a ESL horn!
(It does exist!)

Keep up the go work.
All the best.
John

I have been working on transformer issues lately.
As I have small ,meduim(4xsmall) and large(2x medium) sized panels to compare d/s,traansformer ratio, bais voltage, driving power requirements, surface area and open area, issues.
In order to make this study realevent a standard size or sizes should be decided for all to use and compare against.
I have been meaning to post this earlier, as this is the field of research i started seven years ago but got delayed until now. jer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.