diyAudio Logo Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!
I'm very happy to meet this forum, i'm sure it is a great found to me!

I saw your logo contest, this isn't to the contest, i didn't see the rules, i just have done something, I liked and decided to share, made in a 15mins. right after i met this forum!

;)

Attachments

• logo template - logo_13.jpg
    logo template - logo_13.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 496
Is the contest still running?

I was wondering if the contest was still running?
I have joined your post and am starting to build my own projector.
And wanted to give back to you guys for helping me out.
I build and program websites for a living, and am very good with photoshop and be glad to enter a few logos into the running.

Drew

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Is the contest still running?

drewish said:
I was wondering if the contest was still running?

Yes -- it is sort of open ended... as everyone spurrs everyone else on, the examples get better (looks like i might have to build a whole page for Ropie's examples).

I'm the official "tender" for this... things are coasting a bit right now as i work to get the roof/reno done on my house and move back in.

dave

I've lost any enthusiasm about the project becuz there is no deadline.

They are waiting until the right logo shows up I guess, but because they are not giving any feedback why they don't like any of the submissions I've done, I can't give them anything else.

Since there is no deadline, there is no competition. It has been boooooring for about three months now.

There was a really healthy posting of stuff here about 3 months ago, but it petered out when everybody got tired of how open-ended it was.

>> They are waiting until the right logo shows up I guess

There is always the risk for the people who set a design competition that they won't like any of the submissions, but that is the price to be paid for being able to attract such a lot of potential entrants ;) Of course there is the option to pick a winner and then get them to modify the design slightly (within reason); then again a lot of professional design competitions announce a winner whose winning idea is never actually used at all :(

I'm not suggesting that any of the above will happen here but I think that the competition element would benefit from a definitive end-date, Dave, or atleast a date when you will announce round two, though I can appreciate the work involved in rebuilding a house!

I had noticed the entries drying up and as I had just finished a big project at work I have had a bit of spare time, but I can't keep posting at this rate (I'm running out of ideas apart from anything else :smash: )

Sch3mat1c said:
Mmm, about 16 more red and green? Just guessing...
Tim
No, just normal brain fade around 2am.

Struggling to attach the graphic, that I had unceremoniously flogged from the top of the page seconds earlier, I discovered that pressing return in the filename field actually posts the message (sounds like the beginning of a bad novel). I couldn't edit the message to take out Mr "w", nor could I remember what I had started to write, so there he stays.

Out on a limb of my mind.

Anyway, I like the existing logo just fine!

You were right the first time, it is lighter (giving the false impression that I tried to do something useful).

It did end up in photoshop for a while because the png wouldn't attach, saved as GIF.

A printscreen of the original next to 'my' one measures differently, but comparing values in the PNG and GIF shows no difference. Colour profiles I guess. It's kind of a pain actually, as scores of web designers must have discovered some time ago.

Now I feel dumb so I'd better at least do something, see if this attaches...

Attachments

• adsillylogo.gif
    adsillylogo.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 334
Status
Not open for further replies.