diyAudio Logo Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I've made a Wallpaper for my Desktop, maybe anybody wants it also...;)

Attachments

• diyaudio kopie.gif
    diyaudio kopie.gif
    81.5 KB · Views: 350
...I say lame, because the original design uses the different colour to delineate the words and suggest the position of the dot. (I really have no idea what i'm talking about.) What I mean is mine looks like diy.audio.com now.

And while I'm all for the existing logo's funny purpley blue in the existing logo, there's "something about" the red and original logo exactly as it is, something I've seen before, perhaps in the future...

People are designed to be asleep at 4 am.

I still don't like the typographic implications of losing important readability info like the tops of the m. There are some things you can leave off of certain letters, and have them still "read", but the tops of the m is NOT one of them.

I have found a different rationale for putting something solid behind the m in this logo.

I have also very slightly rearranged the letters so that the spacing is more even and other visual cues for the positions of the letters are preserved.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I understand what you're trying to do but it just looks fussed about with now. The .com is too dominant whereas in the original it added subtle dynamics.

edit: I don't mean that to sound too critical but IMO this is one logo that doesn't require any developing.

Admittedly the m relies on curvature to give give the clue that it's not saying "coni" or something (we know it doesn't), and it's a reasonably square font so at small sizes this clue does become less perceptible.

On the other hand some work is delivered "done" and no amount of tweaking or inspiration is going to make it any more done. I'm extremely artistically incompetent (in a visual sense) so really I'm
talking through a hole in my head.

Can't stop playin with the colours...

Attachments

• diylogovar2admod.gif
    diylogovar2admod.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 277
Status
Not open for further replies.