DIY Video Projector Part II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
here you go

here's some specs on QA-2500

QA-2500

The Sharp QA-2500 is a 24-bit color LCD projection panel featuring 1024 x 768 resolution and 16.7 million colors. The device offers 1280 x 1024 image compression and displays computer images such XGA, Super VGA, and VGA from multiple platforms. Contact: Sharp Electronics Corp., Mahwah, NJ; (201) 529-8731.

and this site talks about TRUE colors.

http://www.thejournal.com/magazine/vault/A318.cfm

hehe

aleksey
:) :) :) :)

nView Z210 Projection Panel

Hey everyone,

(This is a Duplicate, New thread was added accidentally. Tried to delete it but wouldn't let me)

Im new to your club but have been following homemade projectors for quite sometime. I must say that i have gaind some usefull information from your last forum. I know this one will be even better....

I ran into a little problem and im hoping that someone here can help me out. Don't worry, nothing technical

About a week and a half or so i placed a bid on an auction on ebay for a nView Projector panel Z210. When i won this auction the seller contacted me with the payment information. I then asked him a question on this panel and i never received a reply. Few emails and 5 days later and still nothing. So i went back to ebay and placed another bid... and won.

Now this guy popped out of no where saying that he was away on vacation blah blah blah, so he still has this panel for sale and i am in no need for it.

Would anyone be interested in purchasing this panel off him? He claims it works correctly, comes with remote, case, all power cables, serial cables, rca and s-video intputs and is an 800X600 res. Perfect for projection panel theater displays.

Total with shipping is $101.51 (Great deal if you ask me)

If so please contact me at orlando_rodriguez008@yahoo.com
or contact him directly:
Michael Christianson res0m73t@verizon.net

Thank you very much,

ap0the0sis :p

Interesting link

Hello again all,

I used to contribute to this thread a while ago, but haven't posted much since. however, I just bought a telex Magnabyte M2x 640x480 projection panel locally, and I'm back in the game. My panel's contrast is my only real concern(don't worry, I'll review in good panel/bad panel), and I found this link that might offer hope to those of us with grey blacks. :D

http://itri.loyola.edu/dsply_jp/c2_s3.htm

Nview Spectra C operation/pinout

Hi, I've followed the first thread since it was 5 pages long so I wouldn't ask if it wasn't already answered.

I recently received an Nview Spectra C. Disassembly indicated that it was an Nview Viewframe Spectra Plus. The two video inputs are a 15 pin analog and a 9 pin digital computer input. The panel came with no cables so could someone give me a pinout of these connectors?

Also, I have no manual for it. Will it automatically switch from the logo screen to the active input?

Thanks for any help.

hey guys, little depressing update.

I spent all last weekend (july 6-7) working on my enclosure. since the latest pics I upped, I've added some cool chrome handles to carry it around, and some feet so that it sits up off the ground a bit. So, after I was done, I decided to take it for a test run on Sunday evening..

I plugged everything in, and began to try to focus. It wasn't going into focus, so, I slid the front lens assembly as far as I made the slots, and it was STILL out of focus. I totally messed up the measurements of the front lens assembly - it is 10" too long!!!!!

So, I have to chop 10" off the front lens assembly, and then re-design how I'm going to focus. I just dont know how I'm going to do it...

In addition after I found out how much I messed it all up, I at least ended up taking off the lens mount and holding it up to the completed box for kicks.

Its just NOT BRIGHT ENOUGH when displaying on my 16:9 91 1/4" screen. Its really not bright enough. i don't know what to do now. Should I put time into making a new reflector? I'm really, really considering buying some cheap mirrors, a glass cutter, and maybe like a large funnel or something that would resemble Marklar's reflector, and just going to town cutting up the mirror and glueing it on in little pieces on the funnel. My other option is just to jump to a 1000W bulb. I can sell my 400W ballast/bulb/base setup on ebay for $90 or so, and a 1000W setup costs around the same.

So, anyway, my miscalculations are sending the length of my box from ~38 inches to less than 34 inches. Thats good in the end.

On top of everything that was going wrong, My panel began to overheat after ~10 minutes. I didn't have a panel of glass in the box though, so, I wasn't really sure how it was. Plus, I think I've gotta cut out another hole in the bottom of the box because the Sharp 1750 has vents on the top and bottom. prolly sucks air in through the top and blows it out the bottom(actually opposite because my panel is mounted upside down in the box)

Anyways, I'm just trying to get over the failures and find motivation to try again. Advice on the brightness problem? Its not THAT bad. Its better than the pics on my site. But, thats just not enough for me. Marklar's looks much better.

I'm sorry to hear that :(

And I'm not sure a 1000 watt bulb would be a great idea. It'd draw a ton of current, and need a lot of cooling. Not to mention the fire risk. But I'm sure you're careful, and it could work.

I wish I could be more help. I hope you find some way to fix this though.

fresnel panel

Hi guys,
last time I posted what I did with fresnel panel, based on wonneil experiment.
I think this is one of the basic principle how to pass the light thru the LCD panel.
To illuminate the entire surface of LCD panel evenly (no hot spot), the light rays must hit the panel at 90 degrees on entire surface, ie: parallel light rays.
To get that rays, we need first fresnel panel placed on its focal length toward point source light.
To collimated parallel rays after leaving LCD panel, we need second fresnel panel placed close to LCD panel, before the rays hit objective lenses.
What surprised me is: placing second fresnel panel close after LCD panel doesn't or just very slightly affect projected image quality!
I need some help from you guys to proof it, because if it works, it will reduce the light source power and elliminate the hotspot problem.
Or, should we forget this basic principle and go on with common setup: light - fresnel - LCD - lens?
Wonneil, since you're the first throwing this setup, how's your progress so far? Do you still use this setup for your projector?

see you.

Gunawan W - This is exactly what many manufacturers used in their designs for single-panel LCD projectors. I spent some time looking through the US Patent database quite a while back. One of the major problems is finding affordable, quality fresnel lenses with a short focal length so that you don't have to build a 5 ft. optical cavity. I wish I could find some for my 5.6 TFT panel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.