DIY OTTAWA WINTER 2012

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I see that I’ve missed a few updates to this thread, so I’ve got a few things to cover:

1 – Mark, please add me to the Nov 12 lunch reservation

2 – John…please get well soon…I really look forward to more entertaining tales from you about driving electronics to the point of melting, etc. + your builds show that you don’t do those experiments just to wreck stuff

3 – Pierre…unless he’s changed habits, Wolfgang doesn’t typically check these forums. I’ve convinced him to come to our previous get-togethers, and I’ll talk to him about our plan for a February meet. I haven’t yet mentioned Saturday’s lunch to him.

4 – As for planning for the February get-together, I would definitely hope that it is Not the 25/26 weekend, since I couldn’t make that date. I think that some were favouring Feb 11/12, and that would be fine with me.

- Ron

Hey there Gents. Ron Gave me the heads up Thank-you Ron. I will try to be there at the lunch Sat with Ron, I will touch base with him today. Ron 2294455. Yes I don,t cruise this or any forum lately, For some odd reason Nascar has taken over my life this year,.... that and family syuff. I still listen to music/vinyl .
cheers Wolfgang

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hey there Gents. Ron Gave me the heads up Thank-you Ron. I will try to be there at the lunch Sat with Ron, I will touch base with him today. Ron 2294455. Yes I don,t cruise this or any forum lately, For some odd reason Nascar has taken over my life this year,.... that and family syuff. I still listen to music/vinyl .
cheers Wolfgang

Good to hear from you, Wolfgang. See you Saturday !
Cheers - Pierre

Yesterday's lunch get-together was preliminary arrangements for our 2012 Ottawa get-together. Discussed a few matters & I'll provide further details in a later post (I have some outdoor work to do!).

We did decide that we wanted to stick with a 2-day (Saturday/Sunday) schedule.
The preferred weekend - for those of us at lunch - would be the Feb 4/5, 2012 weekend. The next alternative seemed to be Jan 28/29. FYI - attempting to schedule later in February seemed to run into conflicts, which is why we came up with the preceding dates.

Does anyone who plans to attend have a strong objection to Feb 4/5? If so, please post it soon, so we can nail down the date & book the hall.

Thanks
Ron

Thanks for putting up the dates Ron. Here is a picture of the Motley crew:

IMG_20111112_135029.jpg

Taken by a very patient wife of Owen!.. And I can't for the life of me remember her name. Ahh!

SO whos who?

From Left to Right. Owen, Anthony, Pierre, Mark, Wolfgang, Ron.

So whats in store for the show?

Well we will have some awesome speakers already coming. So the consensus is to setup some good source comparisons. There are many combinations possible.

I will do a presentation on speaker measurement that will be loose enough to field questions and go with whatever is required to make sense. Not a dry dissertation! Lets have some fun here.

We will have loads of time to listen to music and talk about all things interesting.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.