DIY Good Class D amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok,here's PWM pics and test of d3k in fullbridge mode (multimeter show voltage on speaker,in 200mV range,and last pic show frequency,I don't see reason why 80khz is bad and why go to more)

Attachments

• PTDC0003.JPG
    PTDC0003.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 1,041
  • PTDC0004.JPG
    PTDC0004.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,020
  • PTDC0005.JPG
    PTDC0005.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 988
  • PTDC0006.JPG
    PTDC0006.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 991
  • PTDC0008.JPG
    PTDC0008.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 981
Last edited:
Yes,when go into clipping.
I'll post when I can.What signal frequency and waveform to you like to I use when measuring?
I measure with all spectrum (25hz,50hz,100hz,200hz,500hz,1k,2k,4k,8k,16k and 20k).And I use sine wave as input,and waveform is same as input,with small noise with freq. same as switching.

Last edited:
help

Simple amp. based on SG3525 PWM IC.
Frequency is fixed to 150kHz (fixed f is good choice) but you can modify it by changing RT/CT.
PWM is ~2-98% (which is very good).
IR2184 is HI/LO side gate driver.
Dead time provided by this IC.
Set the potentiometer on half.Turn amp ON.Set output voltage to 0V.
This amp works from first attempt ;)
On PCB i have to use external 12V PSU for IC's
Max input voltage is +-80V.
With 4k7 adjust gain.
Output inductor is gapped core (can be used yelow toroids from AT/ATX PSU,they have internal gap.
In external 12V version you can regulate the output power only by voltage on fets.
12V is referenced to -V,not to GND!
On picture I used totem pole output instead of FET's and driver IC,but I tested wih IC and FET's too.

Where to connect signal ground..and as you have shown positive supply voltage then why u did not indicate negative voltage..it shows ground sign..plz tell me how to connect 12v bias suply and signal ground in this amp

GND sign is used for amplifier ground,not power supply center tap (GND).
V/2 is used for center tap if use centertaped transformer (dual supply).If use single supply do not connect V/2 to power supply.12...15V bias supply is referenced to amplifier ground (GND sign),not to PSU ground (V/2,if use +/- supply).On first post we have schematic with regulating transistor connected,and with it,there's no need for biasing supply,as this transistor is used to do it.

GND sign is used for amplifier ground,not power supply center tap (GND).
V/2 is used for center tap if use centertaped transformer (dual supply).If use single supply do not connect V/2 to power supply.12...15V bias supply is referenced to amplifier ground (GND sign),not to PSU ground (V/2,if use +/- supply).On first post we have schematic with regulating transistor connected,and with it,there's no need for biasing supply,as this transistor is used to do it.

Can u plz give me edited schematics showing dual supply connections?
I want to try ur amp..ordered IR2184 and i m just confused with ground issue...
Sorry for childish questions

:spin: Maybe dead regulating transistor? What type you use?
Try in this way,(see ZZZZ picture) or try other two schematics :)
Last schematic tested yesterday on my birthday party :)

Attachments

• Klas D3.GIF
    Klas D3.GIF
    16.6 KB · Views: 678
  • ZZZZ.PNG
    ZZZZ.PNG
    150.2 KB · Views: 651
  • klas d3k opto 3.GIF
    klas d3k opto 3.GIF
    29.7 KB · Views: 683
Last edited:
First check do you have 12...15V bias voltage.
If have,check DC voltage at gate-source of both transistors.There will be about half bias voltage.
If have it,check DC voltage between PSU GND and speaker pin.Set it with potentiometer to about 0V
Before all tests set pot at half.

First check do you have 12...15V bias voltage.
If have,check DC voltage at gate-source of both transistors.There will be about half bias voltage.
If have it,check DC voltage between PSU GND and speaker pin.Set it with potentiometer to about 0V
Before all tests set pot at half.
yes i have bias supply correct and it is 14.5v referred to negative supply..rest i will test and let u know

Last edited:
Hi.
i can't find opto 6N137 this in country
i can change is opto 6n135, 6n136, 6n138 or 6n139 plase recommend
thank you.
No,because others is slow.You can only use any 10Mbd optocoupler or higher speed.Try to search 6n137 equivalent (probably HCPL series,if you can bought).I don't tested with 6N135/6n136,as it is 1Mbd,but if you like to try I will draw schematic with 6N135/6.
By the way,with this drive you can drive almost any combination of fet's,you can use it in parallel or use one very big,as I used in subwoofer amp (I use SKM75GB123DN,IGBT :))

Last edited:
Do not let this topic..."idle" :)

About IR2153 amplifier outlet (high voltage) powered.
1. Why not introduce audio with an optocoupler - it may be "best" galvanic insulation
I want to say that the pulses can pass inverse into transforms.
From secondary to primary. And sourced current in mp3 or audio source.
(I do not know, I think....)

2. It would be good to identify 220V/110V CA phase using a circuit. Half-wave rectifier.
To not get the phase at GND. Safety reasons.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.