LTC 1085 regulator
MUR diode
2x27000µf 1 R 27000µf

I used 3 CI like that :100*80 mm

5v CDROM

12v CDROM

12v for the clock ...etc ....

Serge

Hello, I am planning to build a CD-Rom controller by the schematic and firmware of Lucifix.

I have downloaded the Eagle Files of MCLL and are currently busy to rearrrange them to fit the PIC16F877A.

First i wanted to build the controller by MCLL, but the controller by Atmel can't be found in the Netherlands. it's a bit obsolete

When i'm ready i will place it here, but it wil take some time.
I have still a lot to learn about Eagle.

Is there anyone here who have already build the controller by Lucifix ?

And is the Firmware working properly or not ?

The programming of the PIC will be done by a friend of mine. Because I am totally blank in the world of PIC chips.

I have measured the current use on a CD rom player while spinnen a audio CD. On the 5 Volt line i measured 500 mA,
and on the 12 Volt line i have 300 mA.

Playing a audio CD don't take much current for a CD Rom player.

Thank you, pigoia, for your reaction. that's strange that the controller works better with some CD Rom player than others.

I have 4 to 5 diffrent players so i can swap them easily.
Some are only players and some are CD burners. I have also some DVD players. All are of different brands..

Have you made the PCB by yourself and can you show maybe a picture of it ? (for inspiration)....

Has any body used this controller?Does it look like a good quality one?Any one able to translate?Thx.

I don't own it buy my friend use one and has no problem. He sell the full working one as a group buy for about $55 including the remote. You just need to do your own cd rom power supply connect this controller to it, then you have your own transport. The last group buy just end. If you want, you need to wait for the next group buy.

Hello everybody !
May I ask for your indulgence here, for I'm not as advanced in my work and this may sound out of subject in that part of the topic : I didn't find any useful info : I know it's probably burried in some thread but can't find it...

I'm currently building a cd drive based on a TEAC 32X cd-rom. Don't have a controller yet : just builing the chassis and testing via an old PC to control it.

I wanted this design to be a toploader (without tray) so I stripped everything and don't know how I can simply load the TOC.

There are 3 switches you have to manipulate selectively (1: eject sw, open sw2, close sw3 : this opens "TRAY") + (open sw3, close sw2 : this loads disc). sw2 and sw3 are connected to two wires (on the ribbon cable going to the main PCB).

Does anybody have experience with that ? I believe TOC can be done via IDE, but do controllers include that function? Only saw basic transport keys...

Will send pictures of the beast in the near future.
when it lives...

Thanks a lot for your patience.

yours truly,

Merle

I have just finished mine CD player based on a Creative Labs 52X CDrom and DIYbiz.com controller (AT89S52). However I have a problem. The machine starts and the controller screen shows the greeting message, I load the CD but the controller gets stuck on loading the CD. After that does not respond on any commands (I have to reboot the player to get the disk out). I know that the CDrom works because it has its own set of commands - so I tried it without the controller.

Did anyone get some similar symtoms?

lazenna said:
Thx WT.How does Janslip controller differ from this one? Which one is better.http://www.diyzone.net/article.php?sid=195

I have no idea. Diyzone is in Taiwan.

I just bought the Janslip controller from some one who don't want it any more. It should arrive next week. Will report back later how it is. Janslip is a EE graduate student that just happen to develop this project for his own use and happen to gain the interested from others. So, group buy starts.

I have just finished mine CD player based on a Creative Labs 52X CDrom and DIYbiz.com controller (AT89S52). However I have a problem. The machine starts and the controller screen shows the greeting message

Did you wait to load till "PLZ Load CD" comes up?

I had a problem where mine got stuck on "checking IDE" - changed drives, no further problem.

I like the DIY biz. unit, built two with it, 1 ru high.

Yip - I would wait for Plz insert CD message - put CD and after closing it would get stuck. However, sometimes works fine. I also think it is the drive itself. I got two other Cdroms from ebay so I will try with them.

Also, what did you do with the digital out? Did you just take the TTL signal out to the DAC or maybe tried soemthing fancier?

I have a modified DAC-AH in the same box with the drive. It works as a charm on other input but from CDrom I have a quiet but audiable buzz. I put a pulse transformer between the Cdrom and the DAC input but the buzz is still there. Could that be the drive problem?

I am also thinking about the Tentlabs XO3 clock. The only problem is the space in the box.

Finally I made it..
Many thanks to roly3055 and everyone..
Here is the photo of it... It uses used LG CD-ROM(52x)
(I bought it in flea market for $5!!!)
Right now, there is no chasis for it....
I plan to order a decent chassis for it.

Howeve, there is a small bug in the firmware..
Ocassionally, it doesn't go to next song after a song ends..
it goes back to first song.... Maybe some bug in firmware..
Unfortunately, I don't know assembly programming..
Please sombody help me out~!

Hoy

Attachments

• cdrom.jpg
    cdrom.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 2,308
Here is my implementation. Acer CDrom in a case of an old Technics Cd player, directly coupled with a modified DAC-AH (passive out). PSUs with LM78xx regs, Nichicon caps, 4 transformers, 5 separate power supplies. MUR860 diodes, some heatsinks ...

CDRom is supported on 4 rubber mounts.

Attachments

• dscf0005_resize.jpg
    dscf0005_resize.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 2,355