DIY Audio Analyzer with AK5397/AK5394A and AK4490

I received my unit today and did a quick loopback test. The THD are similar to what nyt has posted here, but the THD+N is somewhat not as good. Not sure if it's due to the measurement settings, the PC or the RTX6001 unit I have.

Attached also the loopback measurement of my soundcard (Lynx Hilo) for comparison, the Lynx is a pretty good soundcard already, but the RTX6001 is beating the THD of the Lynx by more than 7dB.

Attachments

• RTX6001 Analog1.png
    RTX6001 Analog1.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 414
  • Lynx Hilo.png
    Lynx Hilo.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 409
I did try to the loop back and not getting these as I am finding large amount noise. I am wondering what is that I am not setting correctly? - The setting are exactly shown in CTW in my case

When I try Audio Tester - I am getting better THD+N nut it does not show the noise separately?

i am using balanced cables for loop back and 10 V output /10 V input as well as 1V range
In REW I am not able to see clean spectrum even after using the bandwidth. Audi Tester the figure is the best for the range setting. My RMA is crashing ( WIN 10 ) on Surface Book?
yet to try other software.

Attachments

• SK346.jpg
    SK346.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 404
  • SK 56.jpg
    SK 56.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 399
I received my unit today and did a quick loopback test. The THD are similar to what nyt has posted here, but the THD+N is somewhat not as good. Not sure if it's due to the measurement settings, the PC or the RTX6001 unit I have.

There is a small difference btw yours and nyt tests, the frequency was 1.000Hz vs 1.000,05Hz (nyt).
I don't remember the REW well, but it is very important the signal level that produce the generator.
I don't know if the nyt's signal level was 0dB or -1dB or else.
Also, it must clarify what output and input are used on RTX and of course what attenuation level, for comparison reasons.

There is a small difference btw yours and nyt tests, the frequency was 1.000Hz vs 1.000,05Hz (nyt).
I don't remember the REW well, but it is very important the signal level that produce the generator.
I don't know if the nyt's signal level was 0dB or -1dB or else.
Also, it must clarify what output and input are used on RTX and of course what attenuation level, for comparison reasons.

Mine was at 0/0. My graphs were at -5 and -15, which were the best cases for THD+N and THD.

I was trying different settings. The graph was taken using 1.0V out and 1.0V in. I also tried 10V out and 10 V in. My problem is the noise seen in REW. However Audio tester does not show such a noise?
I will try to test in another room away from this room where I have my Router/Fridge ?
kannan
attached is the 10V in/out plot in REW

Attachments

• SKREW12.jpg
    SKREW12.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 376
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I managed to build and test a small add-on board today. The circuit works as intended and solves the problem with high levels of distortion. See attached measurement report.

Tomorrow I will look further at the logistics in this: when can we have PCB's and have them mounted?

Attachments

• RTX6001 Overload detection problem_171204_2.pdf
    182.9 KB · Views: 177