• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Discrete Low Jitter Clock GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@acccruz, archidea1 and afoor: Thanks, I've added you to my list.

The crystals have now arrived and I managed to get all the values I had planned to. I need to check that the 33.8688MHz one are fundamental mode, but apart form that I'm ready to start sending out kits and boards. I'll start contacting all of you individually by PM.

I've sent out PMs to everyone who has ordered so far. If you wanted a kit but didn't get a PM, let me know.

I ran a few tests today, and unfortunately the Citizen 33.8688MHz crystals I bought were third overtone. I can still provide 33.8688MHz crystals, but they'll just be generic. It's annoying, as unlike other manufacturers the Citizen part number doesn't explicitly state whether a crystal is fundamental or overtone. A 33.8688MHz third overtone crystal is pretty useless too, it's a CD player specific frequency, and I've never seen a CD player with a third overtone oscillator.

I shipped out orders for jonesjim, Ryssen, damohpi, sensphoto, acccruz, archidea1 and afoor today, have fun with your kits. A couple of this wort mentioning:

- The resistors and capacitors aren't labeled apart from the manufacturer's markings. If you're not fluent in standard resistor code bands, check out a site like this.
- I've written a build guide for original version the kit, and there's not much different when it comes to assembling the new version. The main diffrence is how the LM1085 regulator is mounted. I've written an update for that part, check it out here.

@s3tup: Yes, there's not many different values in the kit, so it's not hard to ID them all by measurement, a little more foolproof too. Resistor code bands are useful to learn though...

@Racso63: I'll send you a PM with the details, but there may be a bit of a wait as I've run low on parts and need to reorder to make more kits.

@miklos: These crystals were quite hard to source, so I offered up to two per kit, with the idea being that people who needed two different values for each kit would request that, and people who didn't would just chose one. I had you down for one 11.2896MHz and one 16.9344MHz crystal. I'm sorry about the confusion, and if this leaves you short of what you need for the builds you have planned, let me know and I'll send a couple more out.

@Apogee: Thanks for your interest. I've just assembled a few more kits, I'll send details out to you and the others who have been waiting.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.