Diamond Differential Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My first play with LT Spice :)

Attachments

• HD50.jpg
    HD50.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 976
  • apex hd50.asc
    12.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Mile
Try to put square wave threw the amp with 8R load to check if is not oscillating, I had some problem to get it stable with square wave (i putted 2n--10R compensation at front stage). Mje340 in biasing (I know is only for symulation here) - I have some bad experiance (or I am doing something wrong), looks like they have bad hfe at high temeratures - I left my amp with 100mA bias on and after 40min radiator had 165 Celcius with bias 2,5A. Maybe 2sc3964 ??

Mile
Try to put square wave threw the amp with 8R load to check if is not oscillating, I had some problem to get it stable with square wave (i putted 2n--10R compensation at front stage). Mje340 in biasing (I know is only for symulation here) - I have some bad experiance (or I am doing something wrong), looks like they have bad hfe at high temeratures - I left my amp with 100mA bias on and after 40min radiator had 165 Celcius with bias 2,5A. Maybe 2sc3964 ??

Something must be wrong with this bias unstability, try with BD139...

No it was BG1 amplifier with 3 pair of outputs. The diamond amp is stable ok, biasing bd139.
Funny think is that changing slightly current in first or second pair is changing harmonics spectrum and little bit sound too.
Tomorow I will try to make a prototype of your amp (I hope I will have enough time).

Diamond buffer have adventage compare to simple symmetrical input, I use it in AX17

Attachments

• apex2.jpg
    apex2.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 855
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.