Diamante -a discrete medium power opamp

I think the bias currents have to be balanced to get a fairly low DC-offset to start with and then fine trim it with the pot.

Actually that's precisely what the pot does. :) Just in a different way.

I think the reason he is running out of adjustment is that the values of R18 and R19 could be too low is his case.

I don't have any trouble adjusting mine to zero AC couple or DC coupled, but we could be using different values at some key components.

Cheers!
Russ

just whipped out the 221r and replaced with 2k (r offset 10k) and I get closer to dialing out the offset, but with the wiper at max anticlockwise i still have about 200mv offset. This is without the inputs shorted as i will be ac coupling.

I have asked a couple of times, but has anyone got these working other than Russ. I am sure we can get them going, but i wonder how others have differed from me.

Last edited:
I forgot a #4 on my list: the useage of JFET input transistors instead of bipolar, but this changes the sound quite dramatically.

Adamus, this is what I mean. The resistor R3 has to be trimmed to balance the bias currents. In LTSpice it's 6.55 uA. I can't remember what numbers it was in real life, but it was not too far from this. R25 should not be altered. Since you already have an SK170, you could at least try it on one channel. You have the right value when the DC offset doesn't vary with the turning of the volume pot.

Attachments

• bias currents 3.jpg
    bias currents 3.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
Its been bugging me that i couldnt get this going.

if i have anything over 20mv over r1-r6 i cant dialout offset with input caps in place.

checking over the boards, the only discrepancy i see is r11 is 15k and not 16.2k (on diamante schemetic, not the schamatic nelsonvandal has shown)

offset is not stable, it will fluctuate +/- 6 mv and takes at least a minute to settle.