• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Destroyer x Amplifier DX HDII version.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No more Optimus amplifier..increasing bias into the HRII

... and i have increased to 1 ampere, and tested into 2 and 3 amperes too (each rail)

... i found that 1 ampere or higher standby bias does not give us any advantage into sound reproduction.... TESTED!

I found was sligthly mufled into higher bias....also i have found the optimized bias point is around 250 miliamperes (as Nordic said..he was rigth!).

Comparisons made, using two identical amplifiers, same parts and same supply, into a single speaker, gave me this result..instead to adjust your stand by bias to 60 to 100 miliamperes, it is better to increase it to 250 to 300 miliamperes because performance was better than lower bias and higher bias.

So.... Optimus is dead....now we have HRII Optimized!

Be happy folks.

Enjoy Dx Amplifier.... sounding near the perfection.

regards,

Carlos

Joined 2004
Paid Member
What happened to Nordic and www.DXamp.com? I checked for the last few days and got a domain management company everytime. Did Nordic not renew his domain? Did he move somewhere elso on the web?

I needed the website for instructions on how to construct my speaker protection kit. If anyone has this information please let us know.

Thanks,
Francois

Francois G said:
I'm not sure I understand the question, but if you wanted a more powerful version of HXII, you might consider building Carlos' big amp design -- the Precision. That is configured for up to 6 output transistors per channel ( 3+ and 3-)

Francois
It isn't to have more power but in that way you could use higher PSU voltage.Normaly you use a 2x26VAC for this amp but when you have more output devices you could use let us say 2x30VAC.Those ones I've right now.About the Precission amp that's the next one I build.

I do not remember very well, but i think Taj has made a 55V version

say, he made the board layout, i am not sure if was tested as had errors first one made.

For sure was published into the long thread, the Dx amplifier thread.

I will search into my backup Dvds to see if i can find the layout.... a very beautifull work mafe by our forum friend Taj.

Also will ask Taj if the one was fixed or not.... soon i will be here with the needed answers.

Thank you Meanman and Udailey, this amplifier model is the most appreciated.

Name is High Resolution II, or HRII, the HDII was an error, a typping error made be Nordic, the one openned the group buy, made the board design and distributed 100 boards spreaded into whole world.

Here the HRII audio sample:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr-RwqN8qJM

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Well, the board was not assembled to test, so, may have errors

not guaranteed because that... you should check and fix errors, so, do it if you are skilled enougth.

Taj send me last version, not guaranteed if have error or not.

So, build it under your own risk, the circuit is guaranteed, but the more is not (for a while)...maybe you will fix errors for all of us, a nice contribution to our forum.

If image is not 100 percent, i have the original that is 1.5M size, then write me:

carlos.eugenio1951@yahoo.com

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx HRII 55V, last version.pdf
    72.8 KB · Views: 217
  • DXHRII_55V.pdf
    24.3 KB · Views: 160

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Dxhrii-55v

Here are two high resolution files; one is only the traces and it has been reversed ready to print for etching; the other is a component layout view (transparent PCB style).

..Todd

Attachments

• DXHRII55-PCB-TRACKS-REV.pdf
    50.1 KB · Views: 167
  • DXHRII55-PCB.pdf
    79 KB · Views: 162
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.