• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Destroyer x Amplifier DX HDII version.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
meanman1964 said:
Nordic,

I was looking at the part-list and came across C6 with value 2µ2 but where is X standing for?I can't find it on the board or schematic.

Hi Meanman1964,

I think you are looking at this page, right? This BOM shows a cross reference of Nordic's and my component numbers in the right hand column.

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gerskine/dxamp/dx amplifier-12.htm

A little history. Nordic and I worked from Carlos's original schematic and unfortunately came up with slightly different results. The "X" means I could not find the component on Nordic's schematic. I always number my components top to bottom, left to right.

The cap in question is not extremely important and can be located on the Vbe board.

If you are building Nordic's boards, you might be better just sticking to information on Nordic's site.

regards

Hi Guys,
Daughter is sleeping and I am soldering and measuring. When she wakes I will saw some boards for speakers.

I have run into a few issues that I hope you can tell me if they are really problems or if they are fine.

1. I have 2 2k2 resistors labeled R4 and R9. These placements do not exist on the pcb board for the amp.
2. I have resistors R8 and R23 which are supposed to be 4R7 and are ohming out at 5r5. 17% more.
3. I have resistor R22 that is supposed to be 10R and is 11R1. 11% more.
4. I have R29 270R which has no place on the PCB board for the amp.
5. I have placements on the board for R10 and R19. The BOM specifies 0R22 but the multimeter says 1R, almost 500% more.
6. I have R28 which is 10k and is marked the same on the board. The BOM specifies 4.7k to 5k and to then adjust to max value before installing. I would assume the BOM means max value to be 4.7k to 5k but board and components on hand disagree with BOM.

I will search the thread again for these answers as I wait for replies and will check DXAMP website again.

Thanks
Uriah

EDIT: POST #510 Takes care of R9 and R29. Is R4 the same as R9 but on the other servo board?

Attachments

• hriif.gif
    hriif.gif
    79.1 KB · Views: 817
HI Menaman, sorry, the thread showed as read, so I missed your post...

I started doing updates on the website yesterday, as i realised I have not uploaded the latest changes...

The image you have with the pink numbers is correct... only thing I would change further is a larger cap for the input... the 2u2 was a holdover from the plain DX which has a diffirent input impendance... affecting the lower bass rolloff point... If you are going to use a cheap np electrolytic... increase this value drasticaly...

Hey Dougie, I keep on makeing a few of the boards for as long as there is a demand... obviously the price increases a little over when we did a group buy but is still hardly breaking even with the cost of providing this service...

On my website you will find free PCB layouts etc for makeing a DIY version if that is what you want too... free... no charge...a gift from me and uncle Carlos... well, mostly uncle Carlos...

Yeah I'm still trying to decide which amp to do. Only issue with the DX is that I was looking for more power then my chipamp and the DX actually does a little less in 8ohms. I was thinking about doing the Nmos350 as well so have to figure it out. I think I've decided I'm just going to get a laser printer and the stuff to make my own boards though sounds like fun and its nice being able to turn out a board in a couple hours.

Sure chipamp can put out nice peaks, but sounds like crap by the time it gets there... I can not imagine any domestic setting where you would need more power than the HRII can provide... the power rateing is deceptive... especialy whith the full spectrum of sound behaveing and being controlled right up to high level output...

PS.. even a buble jet printer works fine...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.