• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Destroyer x Amplifier DX HDII version.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well I need a new printer my bubble jet is getting old and I'm tired of replacing cartridges so often. The laser printer I'm looking at should last for like 2000 pages and the toner isn't much more then the ink I have to buy now.

As for the chipamp I put it up against a Rotel amp recently and it killed it completely so I don't think it sounds horrible. I don't think Rotel is a good comparison either though as I've never been to thrilled about them. I may not need more power but it would be nice just to have. My friend has some Maggies (the big ones) and we'd like to try out the new amp on them as he's looking for something to build for those right now he's using a 150wpc gain clone.

Chipamps (such as the LM3875) can and do sound great and just need careful partnering of equipment to gain the benefits. One advantage of SS amps like the DX, is they are more flexible with partnering equipment and difficult speaker loads.

I've only ever had 1 DIY amp (A**A 5**+) that can work well with everything I have here. All the others needed some sort of matching or system tweaking.

It's all about system matching (not easy to do), application and budget of course.

I just want to confirm that the last outstanding orders shipped today.. order no 83.

I seemed to have missed the send mail tickbox while I did the administration... but your tracking numbers are in your user accounts.

There are about 5 newer orders which will ship later in the week...

The P1 boards from the groupbuy are now all sold out... I will place another order for a small number but the price will go up a bit because of the lower volume job...

I also had most of the items weighed so can now update the ordering system to calculate shipping more fairly than a flatrate, and bring some saveings about to the majority of buyers.

I have also, as promised, done much updateing on the website, which is constantly evolving. Some small touches are still needed but I think the navigation is more sensible now and construction and DIY plans more easily found.

Cheers guys, :D :D :D here's to all of you for pulling us through another production cycle...

It's alive, it's alive!

Hi dear,

After an unexpected delay ;) I finally put the amp together today...
Due to this delay I kind of lost the track of the threads, so when I had to buy the caps I ordered ceramic COG type for the 47pF and 10pF little ones...the input cap is WIMA MKS4, 6u8.

I am testing it with my variac, founding bias with little V increments until I got:
# emiter to ground V, for the output transistors is 580mV.
# base to emiter V, for the servo transistor is 647mV.
# DC offset must be 1.1mV (or 0.7mV, if I take off possible error from the meter). I could reach lower value but with a emiter to ground V, for the output transistor of 550mV or so...
# Heatsink is cold.

I'm listening from the PC, some youtube, videos so I can't judge yet the sound. It would appear that there is plenty of HF information. When I get home I will test with my humble scope and with better equipment.

Big thanks to DestroyerX and Nordic!
I feel a little proud for building my first "discrete" SS amp :cool:

Best regards,
M

Hi Nordic,

Tomorrow I'll have time to test the other channel.
After that, I only have to decide to buy another transformer to get an extra pair of monoblocks :D

When my wife will ask: why some many amps?, I'll tell her that a Brazilian friend is the inventor and she will find that it is OK (she is fond of Brazil for she lived there a year as a child) ;)

I have no words to thank you enough the big effort you put on that groupbuy. You are great :cool:

The best part is that I still have two more PCB's...

Best of wishes,
M

Re: Here you can see the HRII able to 2 ohms loads

destroyer X said:

Those Sankens, i have received from Klaas Veenstra, are excelent.

Holland (netherlands) & the african Netherlands (south africa)
are the most great supporters of the dx-amp projects.

;) What is it about Brasil that is so good to them hollanders?
Nordic & Veenstra
maybe you can tell european swedish Lineup about this ;) please, thank you :cool:

>>> web source: http://lineupaudio.freehostia.com/forum/index.php

Hi Rabbitz, I appologise.

The site was so broken I could not even get in the order database to get to order data.....

Spend the last week or more trying all diffirent kind of solutions, rebuilds, other software... etc... was so busy I didn't even get to browse this site for days.

Think I gained a bunch of grey hair.

Turns out they upgraded the server without letting me know.... and it was incompatible with my shopping cart....

All semi fixed now, I just have to swap the front page again, but I cannot do it before tommorrow, as the processing side is still on testing mode... which is something a third party has to activate again for me tommorrow morning... after that business as usual...

Orders found to be overdue will be sent through Postnet to get to you speedily... they normaly take about 5 days, but cost me an arm and a leg.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.