• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Destroyer x Amplifier DX HDII version.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there Peter, I saw your order this morning, have been doing too many things at once, and I have not answered you yet.

The last set of the first batch was sold the night before... If you can be just a tiny bit patient as the factories are closed for christmas, likely until Tuesday or so, then I will request the second batch, wich will be a bit faster than the first one as the screens are allready prepared.

Can you believe it? I sold the whole first batch!!!!!!!!

Also going to nag them to make sure the boards get bottom and top mask like the PSUs, to be nice and blue. Production run should take about 4 days from date of order.

Dog, yes you can order your boards directly through me, but as with Peter who allready requested boards months ago (but then dissapeared due to ill health), you will have to be patient for a week or so.

I will check to see when the factory will be available tommorrow, maybe we are lucky...

P.S. Peter it is nice to have you back with us.

Updated version of my shopping list

I added a few more optional values for Cin as Billabong suggested.

I think at this point, any additional tweeks to the list just stray off into the esoteric...which is great for the individual. But this list's purpose is to help someone (me in particular) get a good starting point for the additional components that need to acquired.

I kept all items to one vendor's catalog. And all items are stocked by Mouser, and available in quantities as low as 1.

As always, let me know if you see any errors or ommissions...hope it comes in handy.

IMO: The productivity and sense of community in this thread are amazing!

:snowman:

Attachments

• dx hrii shopping list v3.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 72
Starting to build the servo boards

Nordic,

Back in post #443 you show us how to assemble the servo board. With the tiny boards that are included in the kit, it looks to me (and that ain't saying much!) that the column the emitter is attached to is all one node. That would leave R29 as a short. Is there a cut in the trace on the back of the board pictured? Or am I even more confused than normal. :rolleyes:

Thanks, and I hope you are having a good holiday!
Dave

Attachments

• servo.jpg
    servo.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 407
biasservo2.gif

Sadly it took a while for my brain to kick in...
The first couple of packages went out with strips only 6 holes long. This can still be overcome if you follow the attached picture.

or if there is enough space infront of the first holes you can solder the transistor there and have the hole available...

I recommend you not soldering the transistor into the holes even if you have 7 holes, as it is hard to remove it afterwards. just solder it flat.

If you need to cut the trace like shown in the picture, under the resistor, cut it before soldering, and test with multimeter after soldering. If you have seven holes, you can clean the copper away around the hole and mount the resistor over that (more conventional way).

Hi Nico,
Thank you for the info. Of course I am happy to wait for the next batch of boards. I am trying to catch up with all the stuff that I had to put on hold, such as speaker protection module, heatsinks,psu and a case for the amp so I have lots to do before I can begin to stuff the boards.

Thank you also for the welcome back and I echo the sentiment that the goodwill and co-operation in this thread are truly heartwarming.

Thank you also to Carlos who started the whole thing off.

Regards

Peter aka Emmasdad.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.