• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Destroyer x Amplifier DX HDII version.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I give it a squirt with WD40...

I read somewhere that because the cut threads don't fragment as fast as other metals it is beter to give a small twist back for every quarter revolution.. to break the threads and allow it to get in the exhaust grooves of the tap... I just spray the tap... otherwise the little loose peices don't want to come out of the holes when I'm done...

Re: Re: Drilling fluid use

meanman1964 said:

If you gonna use them don't try to turn them in at once.Turn them in a bit and then turn them out a bit and take your time don't let them get warmt up or they can break.

And a little bit of "Never seeze" won't hurt ( Silver coloured grease, used in the automotive bussines to avoid bolts to get stuck )

I still prefer threads, or even better, a clamp to hold transistors pressed against the cooling fin.

Edit: Self tapping screws tend to let the material "rise" a bit around the hole, remember to check that, or the heat won't get transferred fast enough.

Re: Drilling fluid use

Francois G said:
Thanks meanman - I will give self-tapping screws a try.

Nordic - are you using a cutting fluid when you drill? I find that the fluting on the drill packs so easily. I think I will try some form of cutting fluid.

Francois

I was told to use methylated Spirits as a cutting aid with aluminium. Tried it once, worked well enough for me.

-F_D

12 pounds box filled with gifts from Dudainc arrived

More pictures and details into the Dx amplifier thread.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• gifts from duda.jpg
    gifts from duda.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 315
I've been away for a while and just stumbled upon this GB...I don't suppose there are any full kits available (or were they ever?)? Other than that, maybe someone has some extra boards and pieces they'd like off. Aside from that, I guess that ordering through the webpage is my main option right?

I'll read through things in the morning...the text is starting to get a little fuzzy :p

Question about 2sc5200/2sa1943

Newbie question:

The kit contains silicon washers for the 2sc5200/2sa1943 output devices. Is this the preferred method for attaching these transistors to the heatsink, or is a thermal compound (Arctic Silver?) considered better?

Do the heatsinks for each channel need to be electrically isolated from each other? Or can 2 boards share one long heatsink?

Sorry for such basic questions. I got so confused going through the different threads, and the talk about the variants of the DX, then the HRII, HRIII, Precision I, Precision II...my eyes have gone buggy! :bigeyes: So I decided to post here in this thread.

Thanks from the frozen wasteland that is Ohio,

Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.