• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Destroyer x Amplifier DX HDII version.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
R18 and R20 control the gain..better not to change before some try using your audio

...source... your prefered audio source....you will see if will need to increase one of them, or decrease.

If your audio source was too much for the power amplifier, too much level, distorting at less than half volume...then increase one of those resistances... they are in series..so... 390 plus 390 this means 780 ohms total..... you can increase to reduce the amplifier sensitivity.... only when you have already distortion when your pré amplifier (or other audio source) start to saturate your power amplifier with half volume or less than that... distortions cannot start with less than 75% of the volume knob .... you may have 25 percent of the range starting some distortion to allow you compensate some music that has naturally less audio level.... you should keep this room to increase volume if needed.... so...adjustment using full volume will not be perfect, as "one day"... you will need more volume and will not have it.

Of course...the opposite can happen.... you can put all volume into your pré amplifier, or other audio source and the amplifier do not start to distort..also not reaching maximum power...then you have to reduce those resistances..one of them....or both of them..this will increase your sensitivity.

The 15N capacitor, the treble booster was used because i like...because i had speaker with bad treble...not so loud.... because of that i included...but really not needed in many systems..depending your speaker and home furnitures....you can use it or remove it...make a test using it and remove it to check if you like.... dessolder only one side to test that.

The phase advancing system, idea from Sansui, really sounds excelent, increasing some brigth into high frequencies...but...can produce harshes if your audio source program (type of music) already has enormous quantity of trebles, in special high end trebles (from 8 to 14 Kilohertz).... you can use Nordic suggestion that will work fine...will be more neutral....or even remove the capacitors C12 and C14... also you can decide the resistances R7 and R21... they can go from 100 ohms to 470 ohms...your choice.

If you do not want to decide those things...if you prefere to follow our instructions ..follow Nordic indications and suggestions, because he have tested, also using many speakers and he is someone i can trust.

regards,

Carlos

Carlos,

Thanks for the love-life advice. Wow! you have a lot of experience. ;) .

But our relationship is ended now and will not start again, she is a close friend though and she is a very sweet person. She loves my dog and visits to take her on walks and to feed her, so I see her a lot.

And no, I don't have a girlfriend now. I am kind of happy not to -- spend time with friends, keep life simple and not-stressful.

Maybe you can make some income giving love advice. :D

Just to chime in, the high frequency boost is switched on and off with the jumper pins at the centre of the board......

Default is with the jumpers open... (you can store the selector by placeing it over pins marked 2 and 3 - as 3 is not connected), if you don't intend useing the HF boost ever, you don't even need to install the 15nf cap... to activate the HF boost put the selector between pins 1 and 2 (marked on the PCB). So you can switch between HF boost and not without soldering.. you could even connect a switch on some wire to the pins...

I feel that I have tested the amp with a large enough range of sources to stand with my suggestion of changeing both 390R resistors to 220R.

Love and girls are Universal dear Nogoodboyo... to be free and to have a peacefull

life is also very common to all places..... i wish you the best... and this is the feeling we have during the gap time between girl friends... a season feeling.

World is a big village... women are lovely and strange everywere too.

regards,

Carlos

................................................................................................

Rabbitz

I also have not agreed.... i do not believe a single word about that... you are skilled.... humble enougth to ask advises ...but skilled.

A "monster" related knowledge about speakers, about acoustics... you are the "living Encyclopedia" about those things... we need that book... we have more 30 years of life... you have time to produce the book.... please, put my name on it saying thanks because i told you should left that contribution to mankind.

No only our family, the people we left in earth, but books we left can make us ethernal.

regards,

Carlos
.................................................................................................

Nordic

So.... you have tested using many sources and concluded that 220 ohms resistances (result is 440) worked the best.... so.... we can use a single one (if prefer to remove the treble boost, or deactivate, or not switch it on) a single unit from 390 to 470 ohms and to fill the other resistance gap using wire jumper.

Well... those things are personal decisions.... that "customization" we all love to make into our own constructions.... and we are the ones to do those things.

Was offered a working and tested idea, but will not fit all desires...be free to tweak and inform the advantages to us...please!

So.... we have a good feedback... and we can use that value as starting value... a standard value that can be adjusted latter if needed.

Also the input condenser dear Nordic, it can be increased as new standard value, you concluded that bass turn better with 8uf...so... the new value can be introduced into the schematic..it is ours...... a nice black gate condenser will be great.... and two black gates, connected to form a bipolar will be even better.

People say that we need weeks to burn the condenser...hehehe..i prefer not to put fire on my parts... the outside plastic cover can melt..ahahahahah.

Well...i felt those things funny because i have my old and good condensers...maybe they are already "burned" by long use...maybe those things works...we never know.

The High Resolution sounds great in my point of view.... very precise into trebles... a very good amplifier..... BUT.... do not reproduce the "thunderstorm" bass we have into the Dx Standard....for sure it is less loosen, more defined, more precise, more correct..but not so intense, not so deep.... not the Devil's hammer hitting the planet Earth surface..... i continue to feel that the Standard is very nice into sonics too.... not that precision into sound reproduction, but very nice.

I would be happy to listen opinions about that...the ones had both... what they feel related one and other...please...let me know what you all think about.

regards,

Carlos

Yessss....package arrive at Washington

Soon will land in Brasil (December 17 th).... and Brazilian excelent internal mail will make it arrive my place 18 early morning before 10 O'clock...for sure.

Thank you Nordic, and also Duda by the help.

regards,

Carlos:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :santa: :santa: :xmastree: :xmastree:

Attachments

• mail arrived.gif
    mail arrived.gif
    40.9 KB · Views: 232
Greg Erskine said:

I don't believe that for a minute. :D You have built more "completed" amplifiers than anyone I know.

regards

Build.... yes, understand.... no.

I really need instructions like Hugh supplies with the AKSA as I do not get it at all. For some reason I am unable to come to grips with electronics. Start talking mA, mV, ohms law, VBE and I'm lost. Takes me ages to even work out a dropping resistor for an LED so there is no hope for me, but build to instruction is fine as I am very methodical and have perfectionists traits.

Now speakers... I can handle them as it's mostly physics so us Neanderthals can understand. Crossovers don't need electronic knowledge just common sense, good software and a good ear.

OK Carlos.... I'll see your 93 girl friends and raise you 20 more girl friends. HA... I wish (only dreaming). ;)

I don't mid a bit of colour on an amp PCB but most caps will be black and gold I'm afraid with a few green caps thrown in as I had some here... they finally get a home.

We still not paying taxes because of our dreams

rigth now i receive, by mail, the information i won 1.35 million pounds from Irish Lottery.... and it is into Scotland bank....ahahahaha.... those things are funny.

And that is already in my name!!!!

ahahahahhha.

Well..... of course a trick....... but if my dreams comes true.... you will be part of my dreams...first movement, after receive the gold, will be to visit you in Australia... and Dx Corporation will really turn alive as a real thing.

All my friends employed.... i think 1.35 million pounds may be enougth to start a small business.

ahahahahahha.... dream is lovely...but really i have received those tricks by internet.

Sterling, as i could discover, is not a legal money..do not exist anymore...only GBP... Great Britain Pounds i think is the name.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• sterling.gif
    sterling.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 344
My nephew, James, that is living in London will check that stuff there

He will send fax messages and will go to the bank to check that story.

Of course may be fake....but a good idea is to check..... 1.35 million pounds is not something to left go without check.

Also i am already in contact with an old Interpol agent to give them a visit..... kind visit if possible..... the computer that sent the message had the IP number already saved ... now is to start tracking.... will be done from London.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• nephew in london.jpg
    nephew in london.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 327
I have to say that i feel some envy...you folks could see Nordic package

So many folks talking about Nordic's wonderfull package.

Mine gone to Duda..... and this is because Brazilian customs, worries Duda will have in advance related the day will arrive here, will make him dismount all packages to make custom's officer believe all parts are old and used...he will remove, because needed, all those packages and details that can make customs officer think the goods could be for sale.... because new, organized and inside pretty plastic bags...shinning and looking as new things.... and new things can be goods to business...to be sold.... and this is danger!

Duda is sending me hundreds of lovely resistances organized in papper cartoon things....my God!... i hope he find time to dismount that thing..if not..will be blocked by "Aduana"..by "Customs".... if old...if used.... have to be dirty, non organized..cannot be shinny as new goods for sale.

For sure i will not see Nordic's package.... and i really feel some envy about that.

But also i will receive a lot of gifts that will arrive together the boards.... this will compensate the losses not to watch the perfect package Nordic made.

Someone could post pictures of this beautifull package...this way i could see it and would make some advertising about Nordic's packages.... i think Nordic will go ahead with more products, some advertising, some propaganda may be nice for him, for Dx Corporation and for all of us.

You see...the speaker protection.... near future the big power unit with many transistors into the output.... other boards can be produced and distributed by Nordic..... to show his quality of work is a very good thing.... at least i think this way and i strongly suggest you folks to cooperate with "Nordic International Interprises"

regards,

Carlos

Carlos,

You will receive Nordic's components in a "stamp covered" envelope EXACTLY like he sent (less my parts), so you will have the same "opening pleasure" others had.

You mentioned before that Nordic's surprise gifts for you should not be revealed... and they will not. The package is already in my suitcase - sealed.

Please note that only the "contributions" from me will be "concealed to avoid the inquisitive minds of Customs agents".
These items will have to be re-packaged before sending to you in order to avoid damage (over 5 pounds).
Thus, I will be able to send Nordic's envelope (via Cedex) immediatly after going through Customs. My stuff will take another day or two.

Back to work.

:Popworm:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.