Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you avoid to post links dear Forever13 you will avoid also

to produce free advertisement to these pirates...i suggest you to click into the interrogation mark, left down side of your post and ask moderator to remove the link.

When you post the link you are showing people where to buy pirate things, even not being your intention, this is the result, the consequence....you will be, not having the intention, giving a helping hand to Ebay to sell their stuff...you are, at the end, pointing where the stuff is found.

I have posted several images of pirates gods, but i have not provided links to avoid to help them.... i do know very well they are doiung that, and a long time...and i have complained to Ebay too...friends use to send me emails as soon as pirates start their dirty business in Ebay or elsewhere

When money enters the game, some people sell their soul to the devil.

regards,

Carlos

A big problem as people will not post their designs anymore

not to have them copied.... the solution is forum to provide boards cheap....this way pirates will not have room to grow up.... competition in price with forum will be hard to them and also forum has the designer to give follow up when they have not this kind of help.

Now a days pirates became fashion because of movies about it showing pirates as heroes...but they are not that good...you see...Jan Dupont is not anymore posting..he is keeping distance since pirates stole her design and started to sell his amplifier in Ebay..... a real problem the lack of ethics and strange morality that drives some people to behave this way.

Maybe, dear A.Wayne, pirates thinks that designs belongs to the world or mankind, as i have learned from someone else...as i have made my things inspired in someone else...because engineers study in books made by someone else.... that no one is owner of anything.... well..... they are not all that wrong if we think this way...no one has born with knowledge...i made because books, because myself, because Doctor Self, because other did, because Hugh Dean helped me..because of a lot of things...really i am not the owner or audio electronics know how.....but i own the hard work applied..and people is exploring the result of my work..this is wrong to be made without previous agreement..explore other guys work is not decent....

But you see everybody is doing that...you see Youtube is using people to advertise..people goes famous and works hard and they earn money because of these people atracting viewers to their advertising.

So, there are a lot of different point of views..and some of them makes sense..also..the main idea.

"If Carlos is not exploring his design..why not me to explore?"

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Enjoy and have fun!

A brand new Dx amplifier is getting ready.

My multi voltage amplifier..can operate from 12 plus 12 till 100 plus 100 volts.... the picture shows an operating unit using 12 volts supply.

16 auxiliary transistors and 1 pair in the output to 12 volts..and more added 11 pairs to operate full power... higher than 1 kilowatt easy and laughing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVGgcTQEjfM

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• MAKO hiper quality sonics playing with only 12V.jpg
    MAKO hiper quality sonics playing with only 12V.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 584
Last edited:
My DX is one year old today so I thought I would give you a progress report.

After a year of listening all day every day to the DX (we have no TV so music is playing all day long) it still makes me smile. I even jig about a bit sometimes, not bad for a man who can't dance.

It runs cool and hasn't had a single problem once my dodgy soldering was sorted out. In short, a very happy first time builder.

Thanks Carlos.

John

Now i am fine dear Glaucio.... was a flu... a cold.... gripe

My dear John Blackburn... i am glad you are still satisfied with your Dx amplifier..and having fun with it.

Thank you both by the contact and interest about my health..also the love you dedicate to the Dx amplifiers....this is nice.

MKIII stopped for a while...i am doing another amplifier..soon the MKIII will be in line once more.

regards,

Carlos

hello uncle charly !!!! ( nice new look !! )

been way too busy ... but have some time to play and need to ask a question

in many of your amps in the input there is a topology of two electrolytics back to back paralleld with a film 100nf

could you please spare a moment to an old warior and describe pros and cons next to other designers that use a simple film capacitor ?

kind regards
sakis

This is fashion Sakis....people wants snake oil than i give them what they want

Sometimes i use this, sometimes not.

The main idea is to "create" a non polarized condenser as they said this is better...so.... they can enjoy....you know man...we must believe in something or life will be terrible..they have their beliefs and i want them happy.

The capacitor in parallel is just as bypass, to provide a low impedance patch to ground....this way, high frequencies from starting oscilations will cross the capacitor (if not coiled...better to be ceramics and 223) and the "big throat" will eat the just starting oscilations as soon they appear in power lines (mostly there)

There are things applied for sonics purposes..other things are boutique, fashion, because of fashion seasons..sometimes we are in the degenerative season..sometives lag compensation or miller..sometimes people discusses EF and other things..depending how many guys believes i use to apply what they want..to feed their dreams.

You know....my wife is not pretty, but i do believe she is pretty...this feeds my soul..i do not mind if she is pretty in the reality or not... i do not care about that...what is important is what i believe.

Dream a little dream of me dear Petropoulos..install back to back and smile....for sure will not increase sonics..but also will not bother sonics too..... customer will perceive something...if you informed him about...feeding their dreams.

Usually we replace condensers in old equipments and sound use not to change too much...but we doing this we believe changed... when we believe, customer may believe too...so.... the whole stuff is faith...reality only if you install new condensers in the left channel and keep right channel original..and them compare...as no one makes that.... we say whatever we want and we can believe in whatever we need..

You may have replaced all electrolitics and capacitors from several amplifiers..some of them sounded the same..some of them sounded better and some of them sounded worse... have you ever had complains about?... never worse?.... this is belief... statistics says that worse exists too..and still happens.... this is belief as faith... some religions says god is with us..all time long... even when you are in the WC?

I hate class A... that heat... that waste of power..that small output power..that compression..the mufled treble....i cannot stand..but if everybody start to love class A i will be creating class A amplifiers because people wants..so..they gonna build..if they build i gonna be happy and they (builders) gonna be happy too..this is my main targed..to continue to be happy, to be more happy and to continue to enjoy life....life goes fast... lenght is not bigger than a photographic flash..starts and finishes very fast.

C'est la vue..what matters is to be happy.

Politics.... a science applied to people.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
You and Maria ... you both have an appartment inside my heart

and you go living there without payment.... absolutelly for free.

I am glad you also likes me...i am reading your posts.

I have a channel in youtube...go there when you have free time and subscribe to receive updates from uncle charlie.

I hope your son is growing up healthy and happy.

regards,

Carlos

hello uncle charly !!!! ( nice new look !! )

been way too busy ... but have some time to play and need to ask a question

in many of your amps in the input there is a topology of two electrolytics back to back paralleld with a film 100nf

could you please spare a moment to an old warior and describe pros and cons next to other designers that use a simple film capacitor ?

kind regards
sakis

If you read Cyril Bateman's EW articles from 2002-2003, his exhaustive analysis of capacitor distortion presents the following recommendations:

Worst=polar cap (XuF)
two polar caps (each 2XuF) back to back
bi-polar cap (XuF)
two bi-polar caps (each 2xuF) in series=best.
I always layout a pcb for two caps + film cap although his article suggests that the very small reduction in distortion with a film cap isn't worth the board space.

Brian.

Dx amplifier is not a new amplifier, it was used by almost all factories

down the seventies...absolutelly all them used...also Mcintosh used the schematic too...all them...because good...even now a days it is one of the most exciting audio amplifier circuit ever made...the bootstrapp, the EF, the three stages, the simple differential feeded by a voltage regulator or a zener diode... VAS simple, one transistor, 27pf Miller, sometimes a small emitter resistance, sometimes not...... no secret.

You can see this Sansui.... huge bass unit.... using the circuit...but ALL brands have used.

Sherwood
Akai
Pioneer
Kenwood
JVC
Panasonic
Technics
Uher
Grundig
Philips
Marantz
Mcintosh (2200)

Well... all famous ones...and also non famous ones.... guitar amplifiers also have used this circuit...it is a guarantee of satisfaction...that huge bass is unbeatable.... sonics are nice...pleasant.

Aksa have used the same circuit too.... Douglas Self call this generic amplifiers... common standard circuit.... even now a days sounding very good.

Inside some chip amplifiers (hundred models from Sanyo) you had this circuit too.... even now a days, inside LM3866 you have something alike with a lot of sonic killing protections around and a quasi complementary output (main difference).

Sansui_G-2000SS_G2000L_G3000L.pdf - 4shared.com - document sharing - download

regards,

Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.