Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think i will be working for them and for free folks

It is happening in Brasil too...already collected 8 guys doing it all over the world...and they use our forum as support..thread is there... all needed things are there..also in Greg site and other sites i have schematics alike Kinghost and some others...so.... instead to produce to the communitty i will be doing for them.

When i run group buys...or friends run group buys for "the Corporation", they try to have low price...i have supressed reserved dollar to face people give up..i have suppressed board as gift to layout designer and to the circuit designer..so..now a days is the manufacturer price (boards plus tooling) divided by the number of boards produced/ordered....so... already the minimum possible price to a reasonable quality pcboard.

They offer lower..almost half our price...and they include parts....so.... i do think to run group buys i am not helping.... better to the ones are ordering to have these boards from Ebay... despite not the best idea...because helping non authorized dealers...we will be providing the best price to our folks...this way..they will (pirates) help the communitty providing price...good price...low price.

I intend to stop, or at least reduce 90 percent my activity, because i cannot offer you folks, the good price these guys are offering.... they already are offering the Blame ST, the Precision 1 and the Dx amplifier...so...it is enougth.... i will not work for them anymore and removing myself to produce group buys and to offer boards and designs i will be reducing their activity...all they will be able to do is to be "working for me" as they will spread my amplifiers whole world and this is something i strongly appreciate.

It is all right, i will continue to do my things for my pleasure... will never stop because i love the stuff, but will not be feeding these guys anymore...i am not sad...i just perceive this is the best solution..something that made me feel good to do what is right for the community without selfish feeling about my own.

You see guys...we are not the owner of any design...all these things belongs to the audio technical world..we have internet, fast communications, schematics available to everybody...books, teachers are everywhere...we are a product, a result of all these things.... i have learned from others..my circuits are based, and sometimes almost copy from others...they are not really mine..and even these ones i copy are not the original..they also learned by books, by teachers and from others...so...they are not owners too..... thinking this way, we understand what some Chinese folks are doing (Brazilians also do this way)...they do think that if was published in public foruns...so..there's no intellectual property..and they are right, without patent...without registration we have no rigths.

Let it be guys.... you do what you want...i do think it is not that bad idea to buy from these guys...because they are offering a great job for us.... they are producing kits, and to select parts, separate parts, organize that thing and ship is a lot of work you will be saving..also money will be saved too.

It is up to you folks.

regards,

Carlos

This is not that important as i do not make my living from audio

electronics....so...let it be.

Watch something i found this last month.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Blame board copper.jpg
    Blame board copper.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 464
  • Blame pirate silk.jpg
    Blame pirate silk.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 453
  • Bunitchu.jpg
    Bunitchu.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 444
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Carlos, Whilst some people will always buy the cheapest they can find, I think that you will find that many (most?) DIY'ers put quality above price. I'm a firm believer of "you get what you pay for"

There have been a few Chinese companies post here who make PCB's perhaps (provided the quality is good) approaching one of these for the next group buy would be an option.

Many Diyers like to choose their own components, and as has been pointed out, for the price what is the likelyhood that the components are real. I think you will find that there are still those that will pay more for a good quality board, than risk buying a cheap clone. perhaps you should make a poll to find out what people really think :)

Tony.

Thank you dear Winter.... i will stop for a while as Tinitus

asked us to stop.

Thank you very much and i will think the way i have to collect opinions from folks... i can contact directly the ones have ordered boards from Dx Corporation group buys.

I do not know the one have generated the "cop hat" tinitus uses.... as could be me...just in case...i will stop.

I am stopping comments about.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
I think Chinese eBay kits providers are a great service to this community. After all, for most of us, it is a hobby with some spare time and money. Much time and money is wasted with shipping cost and sourcing parts. If these guys did not exist, I wouldn't have got back into the hobby and would not be on this forum. They make pretty well any audio parts that I want easily accessible and affordable. I have bought many kits and boards, they are all excellent. Sure the parts are standard fair and nothing exotic, but I have a working circuit, that if I want, I can choose to tweak till my heart's content with the exotic parts of my choosing.

Maybe DiyAudio members should work with these guys for group buys, for their buying power and inexpensive services. There are so many project on the forum that I want to build, but too little time and money. These guy go a long way in filling the need. :D

My most recent kit is a pair of NAP-140. First rate board with good 'real' parts. The power supply board that I bought for it is also first rate. It is all put together and running like a charm. :happy1: :up: Now I can only find some good quality and inexpensive cases. :( The whole amp with case, hopeful will stay under $120.

A DX amp kit is on order. :D

Last edited:
SO....Just because YOU can afford to buy something for less than the original designers prices it, it's OK? Why should Carlos work for nothing? The deep-cut discounter is not paying him for his effort yet they are able to profit from his work. Why is that OK? Because you want it and can now afford it if you obtain it from an questionable source and not from the originator?

IMHO, YOU have an ethical problem.

SO....Just because YOU can afford to buy something for less than the original designers prices it, it's OK? Why should Carlos work for nothing? The deep-cut discounter is not paying him for his effort yet they are able to profit from his work. Why is that OK? Because you want it and can now afford it if you obtain it from an questionable source and not from the originator?

IMHO, YOU have an ethical problem.

This a hobby for most and therefor a learning experience and a past time. If someone was to add up all the cost of the time we put into assembling one of these amps, plus the price of the parts. One can easily purchase a commercial amps. Is there suppose to be a profit in it?

I believe Carlos' work is to spread the joy. Like most hobbyist, it is a work of love, there is no profit in it. Fame and admiration are his rewards. That is more than most of us here can ask for from our hobbies. If he is concern about making a profit, why not go into manufacturing and hide his design in a box instead of plastering them all over the internet?

The more DX amps out there in the world, the more famous Carlos is. Heck, his kits are up there with the Pass, JHL and others.
Who know, in many cases, fame will eventually find fortune. :)

Last edited:
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
you may ask yourself if you want to use this forum for 'advertising'

if Carlos is ok with people buying those full kits, then ok

but please keep in mind that this is a DIY forum
this means focus on enthusiasm and dedication
numbers and quantity should be secondary

no mod hat, it is my personal opinion

I know how you feel...and how you are Evette...you always said this way

I thank you by the confidence, the friendship and the support.

Soon you gonna have boards from both group buys.... then after assemble, dear Evette, send me pictures.

I would like to see your little daughter growing up, then send me pictures.... more 6 to 8 years she will be a nice woman alike my small baby.

You are one of my most appreciated friends and fans.

I see that soon your papers will be ready... also your health will have a huge increase in quality... you will not believe how better you will be...i imagine these next years to come will bring you much more than you used to hope for....that's what i want for you.

regards,

Carlos

The real thing, dear Bigun, is that we have not certified boards being offered

for our friends...so... or they etch at their home... and this is diy and a very good idea, or they have to buy from the ones are offering.

This is the reason why i have changed my mind about... i used to complain a lot...but i am not offering an option.

So, despite not very good, as seems we are selling our soul to the devil, at least people can have their amplifiers.

In my heart, as i use to say, and was always the real thing, i love people to build my amplifiers...if they etch at their home, if they use P2P, if they order boards or if they buy from free market.... this really does not matter to me...as the main objective is to share, to make them happy enjoying a nice amplifier.... their enjoyment fill my heart, i feel myself contributing to other fanatics alike i am...it is a nice feeling when people build something you have prepared with a lot of care.. building and testing prototypes..adjusting prototypes while listening (traditional try and error tweaking) and writing instructions to help people to assemble... this feeling, to be usefull, to be important, to bring moments of joy to our friends..this is something money is unable to pay.

I have other sources to pay my bills...i am not making my life from boards or kits.... if i intended to do this way i would be in troubles..because 600 hundred boards made...one dollar each one of profit, will be 600 dollares...and i am 7 years in this forum....so.... 7 USD each month...i do think i would be dead now...because of starvation.

From time to time i build amplifiers and i sell them in my place, to brazilians, from my town... then i ask a good payment that helps me to buy a couple of pizzas and coke.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
I will continue happy...they will not control my mood.

Video about the stuff:

Pirates copying my amplifiers - YouTube

regards,

Carlos

Respect!
Please at the end if you are able to give the show a PCB for stereo amplifier (like here in the picture) and give the show makes the final schematic to bias the transistor?
thanks and cheers !!:wave2::cheers:

Attachments

• PCB-stereo.jpg
    PCB-stereo.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
Loss of weight stopped at 50 kilos dear Evette.

Sadly now the weight is fluctuating one kilo more and one kilo less.... you see how people capture other guy's mind (telepathy is natural) ...i am in panic about that... deeply frustrated.

Doctor said this happens...the body reorganize their food absorption system...became athlete to use energy from your food... and uses everything you eat till the last drop... body saves energy, and use muscles in the place to use fat as energy when needed... a tragedy.

Doctor said i have to walk more to spend energy..but i am having problems in the femur bone..pains when walk too much (more than 2 miles)...uncle charlie is in a big trouble Evette..and i see you read mind too because i am desperate and this may transmit a lot...as i told...many guys can do that...more than 80 percent can do that... say...to capture other guys thinking...sometimes this is horrible...the way people think is not always nice.

I have to operate because of excess of skin that felt down (colapse) after the loss of weight and i will manage how to fix the trouble....i will ask another more radical surgery... a second one.... to make another radical bypass to the intestines, to reduce stomach once again (increased a lot..now i can eat half litter of food..normal is 1 to 1.5 litters)

I am scared to be a whale back again....now i days i am smaller...maybe a hypo (138 kilos...previously was 188 kilos)....i am 184 centimeters tall.

regards,

Carlos

................................................................................

Now on topic

My dear friend radio... this amplifier, the Dx amplifier, is a very old design made several years ago... in the reality it is an amplifier from the seventies or eighties.... i am not producing boards.... no group buy for it anymore...if you want stereo, then go to the Greg pages and find the board layout....make two copies and use hot iron placing them as twin..one aside the other..and transfer the image that way..then you will have stereo in a single board.

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gerskine/dxamp/

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Great Digits...i will search for a swiming pool

the beach has sharks.... will try a club with a big swimming pool.

Thank you.... it was very stupid but i really have not imagined that..swimming is a very powefull exercise as uses more muscles..also it is pleasant...i love to swim underwater and weather here is good for that... we are having 25 celsius these last weeks.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Sadly now the weight is fluctuating one kilo more and one kilo less.... you see how people capture other guy's mind (telepathy is natural) ...i am in panic about that... deeply frustrated.

Doctor said this happens...the body reorganize their food absorption system...became athlete to use energy from your food... and uses everything you eat till the last drop... body saves energy, and use muscles in the place to use fat as energy when needed... a tragedy.

Doctor said i have to walk more to spend energy..but i am having problems in the femur bone..pains when walk too much (more than 2 miles)...uncle charlie is in a big trouble Evette..and i see you read mind too because i am desperate and this may transmit a lot...as i told...many guys can do that...more than 80 percent can do that... say...to capture other guys thinking...sometimes this is horrible...the way people think is not always nice.

I have to operate because of excess of skin that felt down (colapse) after the loss of weight and i will manage how to fix the trouble....i will ask another more radical surgery... a second one.... to make another radical bypass to the intestines, to reduce stomach once again (increased a lot..now i can eat half litter of food..normal is 1 to 1.5 litters)

I am scared to be a whale back again....now i days i am smaller...maybe a hypo (138 kilos...previously was 188 kilos)....i am 184 centimeters tall.

regards,

Carlos

................................................................................

Now on topic

My dear friend radio... this amplifier, the Dx amplifier, is a very old design made several years ago... in the reality it is an amplifier from the seventies or eighties.... i am not producing boards.... no group buy for it anymore...if you want stereo, then go to the Greg pages and find the board layout....make two copies and use hot iron placing them as twin..one aside the other..and transfer the image that way..then you will have stereo in a single board.

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gerskine/dxamp/

regards,

Carlos

Hi !!
Eat more for less!;):santa::santa:
It is my recommendation!!?
Cheers !:drink:

Status
Not open for further replies.