Not open for further replies.
I use TOSHIBA 2SA1301 & 2SC3280 in DX-amp,
That's very well!

Attachments

• DSC03550.JPG
    DSC03550.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 1,008
I have them too...and i have used them too..and they are very well

No doubts...not only this pair but also another thousand other pairs works too.

Transistors are transference resistors... they do not sound good or bad...they have not good will or bad mood, they are unable to make sabotage or to bring us the enchantement of wonder Paradisiac sonics.

In our case...our amplifier...transistors must be able to face 70 volts peak to peak or a little bit more.... adding positive supply with negative supply volts you will have the limits of swing (theoricall, as the real swing is smaller than that).

Our transistors must be able to amplify 20 kilohertz..when the worse ones can do that to 3 Megahertz.... the best ones (they say they are best..i doubt!) goes to 200 Megahertz.... these are sources of oscilations..dangerous folks they are.

Our transistors..each one of them..the NPN and the PNP, will never face current bigger than 5 amperes each one of them (2 ohms).... so..... transistors that can face 10 amperes works fine.

Our transistors must have DC gain of 30 to 120...and all then have gain inside this range.

Our transistors must dissipate... each one of them, more than 100 watts to be safe..and all them can do that...almost all modern power units can do that.... you may check SOA to see if it can work with 35 volts and 10 amperes...and they will work, for sure.

Our transistors must be linear in the voltage you will use it...and they are all linear, in the bad way BGT can be linear..they are not too much linear..so....you will always have a non perfect choice.

Respecting these things.... will work fine..will sound fine..will operate fine..no magic, no tricks.

This Dx amplifier sounds nice.... strong bass...looooooong bass.... nice audio reproduction..and this is because the topologie..you can substitute all parts and sound will remain the same...values and topologie is what produces sound...other things people say are just "big magic"

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Well, i am not earning a single coin from Chinese folks.

But at least they feed my soul and pride.

You know..they did not even asked my adress to send me a sample.

regards,

Carlos

WANT THE BEST?... SEARCH FOR DX!

Attachments

• Falsificado.jpg
    Falsificado.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 766
  • No dissipador todo falso.jpg
    No dissipador todo falso.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
No, this is not fair and not even decent...but this is reality

decense, ethics, all this depends on point of views... and seems some have very different points of view.

In the reality, dear Evette, we are not owners of designs because we are always, or we where always inspired in something, some design, some idea published, some patent design..... no one of us are really original, as we have learned from someone and somewhere.

Now a days the know how is universal because of internet, and in electronics, a small tweak changes an amplifier performance...so... different performance can be understood as different amplifiers.

I am copying ideas from others since early sixties...as i have not discovered circuits or transistors or CCS or regulators...i have learned from someone.... published schematics where my reference...so... all i have made was inspired, not my property but much more than that, an human Universal know how i have learned and understood and applied......so...... i did the same in some way..i cannot expect others not to do same way...i have copied too.

I am not having profit with this....let them earn some money..... this is turning me famous anyway.... the big mistake is not to contact me and not to offer the chance of some cheap arrangement on that...that would be much more decent...but as i said...all this depends on our point of view.

You know my dear...the real glory is that hundreds have trusted on me....they have tried my amplifiers...they felt my enthusiam and they had courage to try...and a lot of them have not regret...so...i am happy.... millions wants that..to cooperate with mankind, with our community in some way and i did that.

Now i am dancing men...just enjoying the results of my work...i'm happy despite of these things.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DSC02367.jpg
    DSC02367.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 769
Hi,

(Carlos, I hope you're well!)

It's been nearly 2 years since I built my DX HRII - it was my first full build, full of scary moments (designing my own PCBs and earthing transformers are two of them) and it's still happily playing away. I just LOVE it.

I keep comparing my Sonneteer Alabaster against it, but the Sonneteer just doesn't measure up at all - the HRII is in a completely different league when it comes to imaging, vocals, and especially the treble.

...however, it seems to have lost its low bass. That's the best way I can describe it - it's like everything above 100Hz is good (I don't have measurement tools), but below that it seems really lacking.

I've biased and re-biased both channels loads of times (in 100mA changes from 300mA right up to 1A) - but the bass just isn't there... I've checked for AC at the outputs and nothing there either.

Does anyone have any ideas? I really am a very amateur DIYer, and I can only assume that a component may have gone somewhere, but I just don't know where to start.

The only pics I have are here...which won't tell you anything at all, but at least you can see how I've laid things out.

Well dear forever, i want to ressurrect the HRII with more power

and i should fix this low bass issues you are talking about....it may be offered in other forum...boards may be offered from all my designs in other foruns too.

It is interesting that i was thinking about that this early morning... i will tweak it for bass and will inform you...just give me some time Forever.

I am developing the Trust (layout and Gerbers), the Troyan, the Fokker, the Precision 1, the HRII 55V, the Dx amplifier and a brand new design with different characteristics compared to the Dx Blame amplifier, and so good as.

HRII sounds alike the Dx Blame, if you observe the circuit, it is not all that different from the Dx Blame amplifier...and really sounds awsome.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• HRII - Schematic.pdf
    159 KB · Views: 288
Status
Not open for further replies.