Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: About moderators... all i could know, and felt good knowing

destroyer X said:
Also when they are inside a thread, behaving as one more audiophile, they left the moderator position to another one..this is other good thing, as they are intimate connected with the group into the dinamic of communication...other moderator, in the superviser position, more cold to the emotions envolved into the thread, make intervenctions when needed.

As a newbie I would notice 'moderator' underneath the avatar of a post and assume that this person is speaking as a moderator. It would be much better if moderators would wear their 'sherif' badge only when they are on duty.

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Hi Gareth,

As a loose rule, the mods will use the cop :cop: smiley when they are dead serious about curbing a problem. Speaking as a manager (in my real world), I think on/off duty is WAY too big of a gray area to bother with changing titles every time they say something. Best to just consider them as fellow DIY'ers with their eyes wide open and respect their wishes. No big deal, unless you're a shet-disturber.

..Todd

Hallo Everyone

Dis is My First post in English ever...

After I had Successful Build My First Solid State Amp, A Seven Transistor Amp with Fet Output,s...

And Fully on Fire from Carlos DX Amp Tread, I decided to Build A Bootstrap Amp.

Tan I was Tired of the Sonics from Newer Amp,s.

Also I began to Build an Amp with the LTP of Eliot,s 3A with 2SC1815 instead of the BC546 and 2SC5171 for VAS and 2SC1930/2SC5171 for the Drivers for the Output I tuck 2SA19434/2SC5200.

And the Sound from this Amp is so good, that I am out Worths!:bigeyes:

Tank you Carlos for the Great Inspiration!

Tank,s
Dan

You are welcome danspy

Thanks a lot, enjoy Dx amplifiers, and watch youtube videos, as there are a lot of Dx amplifiers there

Ahahaha.... you really do not know i had some crashes with Rodd in 2004..and the comparison of mine amplifiers with his amplifiers do not make me happy...but i now you are innocent, as you are just entering the forum.

Dx amplifiers have alike Rodd Elliot circuits the fact that uses board, resistances, transistors and electrons...and this is ALL they have alike.... i do not hate him, i just do not love him as usually i love people.

heheheheheh

regards,

Carlos

The main Dx thread is this one dear Pocoyo

Here we have, alike a backup, a lot of things registered.

Also i have opened the "Dx amplifier builder's thread"...there you have only the very basic informations.... all the needed schematics and supporting images to help folks to build.

I will not open more Dx amplifier thread, maybe to another amplifier.

If you could not understand, dear Pocoyo, the idea is the ones wants to make their own style Dx amplifier, then THEY will open the thread by themselves, they will give the name they want, they will say the amplifier is inspired into the Dx one or not and they will be responsable and will manage the thread...they will provide schematics, boards layout, instructions to assemble and will give support to forum friends that wants to build their own amplifiers...they will take the responsability to themselves..their design, their ideas, their inspirations and their responsability and hard work too.

ahahahah!

It is not very easy to maintain a thread opened..it is a lot of job man..sometimes appear some strange folks trying to smash your amplifier alike we can see into the Professor thread..and you cannot do nothing against.... forum is free...moderators usually do not move when this happens...their politics... their decision.....let the ones are thinking that manage a thread is easy..let them taste that to learn something.

You know.... Professor is using his freedom to evaluate that other amplifier..he said not good!... and this smashes the amplifier name.... even beeing good, if someone says that the amplifier is not good..then a lot of people will have suspections into the amplifier..humans alike us behaves that way..they do not believe when you say the amplifier is good..but when you say the amplifier is bad, a lot of folks believe.

Only if you have a big personnal need to be helpfull, a lot of free time and patience, a very hard and thick skin to accept a lot of people trying to do better and trying to modify your design...only really beeing ready to face that challenge...then go and open a thread....pleasant sometimes...sometimes boring and hard work..people are lazy to read and go asking he same subject hundred times...it is a pain in the.... sometimes.

I could see that people has no courage to face that challenge, they prefere to enter other threads and try to modify based into their own ideas..if this explodes or results bad..not problem to them..the thread belongs to other..other one is responsable!....

If they open their own thread and produce a time bomb, a noise damned machine, a smoking circuit, a oscilator..them they will have to face that.... and this, only few guys do.... others...if you let them free to modify giving a lot of suggestions, they will invade your thread and will modify your schematic, entirelly, based into their beliefs..a lot of untested ideas sometimes that may explode under your nose!

regards,

Carlos

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Dear all

I suggested that those of us interested in DX would help you Carlos to keep the thread open with ontopic DX related debate
This would always have been a perfectly fine and good "open door" to 100% clean and standard "DX builders thread"
Mind you, we have all the way respected "DX builders thread" and kept it clean from our strange ideas and questions

If we cannot be discussing layout and components here I dont know what its supposed to be about
I liked communicate with you Carlos, and learn something
Carlos, you even suggested I should show my layout to have a "good to go"
I thought we had a good thing going
You even said that my questions gave you good understanding about what troubles it is we are facing, and some good ideas what to do about it

I did suggest that it may have been in your own best interest to let thread continue as it was, debating everything DX related

My understanding when reading Variacs post gave me the same impression, that this thread would have been a good active thread fore linking to clean standard "DX builders thread"

I asked you to give it a second thought
But not supposed to happen that way
English may have been a barrier, I dont know

Carlos, we have respected you 100%, and did what you wanted, and stayed away, and maybe open new thread
Well, personally I cannot do so at this point, as I dont have much to go from, but maybe ostripper will
As said before, I dont think you have decided in your own or DX best interest
I believe that you are maybe just a bit overprotective
And unfortunately also by this blocks out devellopments
Dont know the real reason, its probly just what you do
I also have problems when always wanting to defend weak persons in trouble, and it mostly just seem to turn against me
But we are still in totally agreement
We are present here on your terms and obey by your rules
If you dont want it, it doesnt happen
You cannot say that we have given you any kind of problems
In that respect Im a bit dissapointed and offended by your aggressive response
But ok, we know thats the way things are, and what sometimes what makes the fun

Anyway
Maybe give your thread a more precise subject headline
I think its the subject headline that decides what a thread is about, whats ontopic and what isnt
I beleive we should always be careful about the "subject" choise

But maybe its time to clean it up.....with a new more precise "subject"

All the best

No modifications allowed to Dx Amplifiers into this thread

Design or redesign moment has already passed...and belongs to the distant past.

If you want to build some Dx amplifier, modified, open a thread for this purpose and do it by yourself.

I will not cooperate to produce other amplifiers as i think this one is good enougth.

Last message to you Tinitus, about this subject.

regards,

Carlos

The Dx Corporation (alive in my dreams) reserve to itself the legal rigth

to NOT modify it's amplifiers schematics because of seasonal fashion tendencies or as upgrade or update.. it is old style, non modern amplifier, using low FT transistors not to oscilate, to be safe, hardly tested, built by more than 100 folks world wide..all them aproved and no one of them decided to make it even better or different than the schematic tested and proposed into this forum...all them have used the Greg Erskine designed boards..and no one complained.

So...alike other amplifiers, Dx amplifier is alike an institution, easy to make, nice sonics amplifier that has a lot of support by me and other friends, detailed instructions into thousands of posts.

As i do not want to modify and told that clear to you Tinitus, and you are insisting with that subject, i will install you into ignore list as you're bothering me with that conversation.

I do not think moderators will force me to accept modifications the way your're doing to old Charlie...not into this thread.... but if this happens one day, i will gladly abandon the forum not to contribute to the killing of a nice amplifier.... people can destroy the amplifier and thread, but never with my agreement or contribution to that kind of assassination.

regards,

Carlos

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Well, the obvious is often far from percieved as such

My main interest was not DX as such

My main interest was to learn something new
And I had some parts to fit the DX
So, a good oppertunity

To 100% copy standard DX will not give me any new knowledge
So Im out of it
Belongs to distant past, as you say

But that you wont participate in any new threads about using DX schematic surprices and dissapoints me

my last post

My sweet lord, good heavens, now Im on ignore list as well :rolleyes:

good luck to you

As i told you, i am not reading your messages anymore..your postings are dedicated to

others as i will not read them anymore...you are talking to the forum, not more with me.

Only you are into this list.

Carlos

My people had many times the football tittle of champion... reason why is because we have a philosophy that we do not change players into a sucessfull team...the amplifier is fine the way it is.... open threads folks, and make other ones even better!

But let this one, that is working fine, in peace.

tinitus said:
Well, the obvious is often far from percieved as such

My main interest was not DX as such

My main interest was to learn something new
And I had some parts to fit the DX
So, a good oppertunity

To 100% copy standard DX will not give me any new knowledge
So Im out of it
Belongs to distant past, as you say

But that you wont participate in any new threads about using DX schematic surprices and dissapoints me

my last post

My sweet lord, good heavens, now Im on ignore list as well :rolleyes:

good luck to you

Dear Tinitus

Disappointments are part of life - it is (unavoidable) part of growing up I guess. How you deal with them is up to you.
The fact that somebody does not want to do what you think is best (even though it might be) does not make that person right or wrong.
It may help you if you try for a moment to look the same situation from "the other side" or from a totally different angle - paradigm shifts are not bad things.

So, instead of beating a dead horse why don't you start a thread on DX MODS? I am sure lots of people will help.
I for one will be interested (specially if you start using proper punctuation :D).

I guess that Carlos will participate too, but it is unlikely that he will test and guarantee dozens of possible modifications.
From what I read, this is what Carlos is trying to avoid in this thread - untested mods on a tested design.
I do not see this position as being a matter of pride or arrogance, but rather being protective and responsible to those who want a proven design - this is very important for first-time builders.

Go for it - I bet you will learn a lot in the process. Carlos did, so you can too.

By DX - to NOT modify it's amplifiers schematics because of seasonal fashion tendencies or as upgrade or update.. it is old style, non modern amplifier,

Yes , it is a good old amp (RCA-1972) .....

amp6.jpg

And you DID modify it , so did Hugh , Bigun , and a hundred others. yours is one version which is tested and true as is the aska 55.

DX- If they open their own thread and produce a time bomb, a noise damned machine, a smoking circuit, a oscilator..them they will have to face that.

New thread , definitely needed. Sometimes a :hot: smoking circuit can be the best teacher. Oscillator - use it to test the working amp! :D . Seriously , even Hugh did not stop at the 55 , next came the lifeforce's , then the soraya. I have 2 (like) the DX , but with the high fT devices ... no oscillator , nice bass/ smooth highs... 1 year old - no problems. For this, I thank you, as your thread was the first I visited a year ago and found the simple amp to build. :)

By dude - So, instead of beating a dead horse why don't you start a thread on DX MODS? I am sure lots of people will help.
A new thread is cool , but the name might offend (If we produce an oscillator :D ) I was thinking of starting from scratch and designing from the base design (the RCA above).

OS

Yes Duda...proved, tested, reliable and non mutant schematic

This is the main point and you got it.

Also i do not want to support other schematics, as i will have to test them and to give support to them... i have already too many responsabilities.

Also, people that wants to modify wants to make it different because their own intimate personnal purposes.... not to learn...people that wants to learn behaves more humble, not in words, but in actions..they go following instructions without suggest modifications... and usually feel afraid to move a single value from the suggested one...so, if they see 111.5 ohms they will try to find that.... the ones comes with other better transistor and ideas are not learning... of course are not students anymore, as to decide such things depends on previous knowledge.

Skilled people that wants to make their own amplifier can open the thread and do it... as many guys did and they had not my support because they do not need that.

regards,

Carlos

Sorry Carlos

My Amp is a Emitter Follower without Emitter resistors, like the DX and I used only a breadboard for it. My Next Amp to Build will bi the DX Standard with out Modification,s only abut the Tip 41/42 I am not sure.

Because there is a high Risk of Fake wans in My Country, bat the 2N5401 and the Bd139/140 Ar Originals from Fairtchild.

Regards
Dan

taj said:
As a loose rule, the mods will use the cop :cop: smiley when they are dead serious about curbing a problem. Speaking as a manager (in my real world), I think on/off duty is WAY too big of a gray area to bother with changing titles every time they say something. Best to just consider them as fellow DIY'ers with their eyes wide open and respect their wishes. No big deal, unless you're a shet-disturber

Again, another well thought post from Todd. Moderators are members first and mods second. We did not join with the intent to become a mod, we are like the rest of you - we share a common interest in diyAudio. Moderating is not the "fun" part of our involvement.

Tinitus, there's no need to remove your posts but please let's move on. Carlos and others have offered a suggestion as to how to deal with your ideas.

Thank you.

Yes dear Ostry..alike everyone in this modern world, we cannot rediscover the powder

without smoke.

Those amplifiers, all options offered in this forum, were discovered (sub circuits) by someone...does not bellongs to us.

I am a little bit old.... 58 years old, since 9 years building several schematics..and found, always, this bootstrapped as the best sound ones.

When i had the first Aksa i was very well impressed, sounded very beautifull, the solutions applied resulted in a delicious sound amplifier..i felt was time to try to do mine one, based on Aksa and precious amplifiers i had made, including the Sony 33, designed by a dear friend that took care of me while i was studying in Sony.

I tried to use the basic topologie and to fix the power on thump that existed into the earlier Aksa amplifiers...and i did that and after remove all trick parts and subcircuits i recalculate the circuit...was very easy.... just a calculator..everybody can do that and made my way... a copy of course, as i have not discovered the differential, the VAS, the darlington emitter follower output..also i have not discovered the transistor or the electron.

I made the best i could, tuned listening to my ears.. and result the schematic that was posted and very well accepted by folks as i told them the true.... was developed based in others, that was the first time i was doing mine, and that could beat several others.

After made that, as i knew forum folks very well, also i was curious about possible upgrades and updates, i have tried several modifications, current sinks, current mirrors, double VAS, complementary VAS, tripple darlington and a lot of other methods used as CCS and voltage regulators.

I have listened to all them, compared to a non modified channel...and i found the one i have made better...then i have invited friends to listen and compare,..with Aksa..and i have lost in treble, voices and sound stage and winned in power and bass..and the modified circuits...one alike yours, other alike MJLXXXX... variations around the same theme... possibilities..and i felt together friends, this one resulted better to MY ears and to my friends ears.

Reason why i protect the schematic, if others wants to do different, they can do, but use their own names..as will not be the sound i want, and because of that should not receive the name Dx on it.

I cannot say mine is better, but i can say i love it the most and i apreciate it the longest!

regards,

Carlos

Well... all this was posted several monthes ago, the ones dedicated to reading will have all that story into this same thread...i have not too much time to be explaining the old story once again several times dear Ostripper.... take a reading and you will understand what i mean....now i will go as i am creating a new amplifier to the Orkut...very busy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.