Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is almost entirelly talking about this amplifier

You have a lot of informations already posted.... a good idea is to have a reading...you are invited to read the thread.

But, really, i do not bother with THD or IMD...and watts is the power the supply voltage can give you...around 100 watts into 4 ohms.

I do not bother with that...in my mind this is fashion...my evaluation is made listening...sounds good.

The THD is good enougth to our ears, for sure.

regards,

Carlos

I made a mistake that I caught last night. I really dont know why I noticed it, but for space2000 it might help. I am working on HRII. We have 5 NPN or PNP named BC556A and BC546B. You can hardly read the writing when in your hand and basically impossible when already in the board. So when in the board they look identical. I put each BC546B in the spot marked for the BC556A and each BC556A in the spot marked for the BC546A. When trying to insert a new resistor in the board I bent one of the PNP and decided to remove and replace it. Then I read its markings and it did not match the silkscreen on the board. I found that each one on both boards was in the wrong spot but never would have known from looking at the board without removing.
Making the servos today and ordering my inductors or maybe go to radioshack to get 1mm enameled wire to wind them.
Carlos, this is an addiction :) I have built K502. Ordered new caps for it is a bit harsh on high notes. I am completing HRII in stereo. I have now boards for Aleph-X and am watching the F-5 thread for a group buy. I have now built FS Fonkens with FE127e. I like them quite a bit.
I still dont know what I am doing but it is a lot of fun and I am trying to learn.
Uriah

Thank you Uriah...good report..good informations

Thank you.... this K amplifier, please show me the unit... and schematic, if possible, by mail.

You are invited to post your things here, as you are Dx Corporation Crew member....so... what you do, what you did and what you are doing is something that interests me and maybe a lot of other folks.

If you prefer to give us a link to pictures will be fine too.

But be confortable to show your constructions here too.

regards,

Carlos

My projects are in my google account.
HERE
None are fully finished. The K-502 and speakers work right now. The K-502 is getting a new attenuator and new caps for better sound *hopefully*. The speakers need veneer. It has been raining and I need to apply the veneer glue outside so I am waiting for a sunny day. The k-502 is getting an enclosure soon to match the speakers.

We are off for a weekend drive. :) See you guys soon.

uncle "carlos"

dear uncle carlos,

good morning. now finally i checked all transistors there is no fault found not even on circuit board. i can understand the diod i checnged was 1n4001 so it cause to diod to exp. i changed and now operating in 25-0-25 vold dc on test trial. it's works well and can listen your sweet sound too. one problem is power transistors gets too hot, i set back the 500ohms var as shown in diagram, i didn't change any things at all. it is still get hot about 60C now. the question is when i use fan, it stay within 50c. here in singapore now temp is 31c. is it cause by our weateher to get more hot then your side?

*Note: Two transistor showing voltage rate dfrently, Q7 BC547 E-B(164millv), Q9 E-B(307mill volt), other all trnsistors are showing 520 to 620mill volt.

i checked both transistor too they are not faulty.

is this is correct voltage for them.

wish for you good health.

thank you.

michael

What is your stand by current measured over protective resistances?

What is the protective resistances value you are using?

Is your bias trimpot working properly, is your stand by current beeing changed when you turn the trimpot?

What is your off set voltage?

You have error into the circuit....of course..... you have to search for the bug.... i cannot make magic and tell you were is the problem, for sure it is an error...normal, common mistake, the humans make several times each day.

regards,

Carlos

uncle Carlos need help.

without power connect to the amp,dc voltage from transformer is 25v + -, but when i connect to amp, it's drop to 19V + -.

i am not using any protective resistances, cause i dn't know which to use. i only use low power to test.

What is your off set voltage? = dn't know what u mean, is it audio line input or output sp voltage?

if out put voltage to speaker, then it is 0.008volt showing without any input signal.

Is your bias trimpot working properly, is your stand by current beeing changed when you turn the trimpot?===if turn the trimpot, it is showing little bit change like 560 to 564mil volt.

thank you.
michael

You are showing very small knowledge about that stuff Spacy

I really think, and suggest you, to stop your debugging and go back to read the Dx Amplifier thread to learn something more about adjustments, protective resistances, how to measure and all those things... and them go to debug to find assemble errors.

regards,

Carlos

.......................................................................................................

Nordic

Does Space have ordered some boards from you?..... HRII or Precision?..... do you know the amplifier he is talking about?... if is our unit or another one?

He is not prepared to make this job...need to study a lot.

regards,

Carlos

Nordic, once again, and please, inform the people that have ordered Precision boards

I have asked you twice, this is the third time.

I think you are too much busy to answer me, please, make some effort, as i do not know, even, if space is one of our Dx amplifier customer (group buy) or if he is building another amplifier.

Maybe Space have mentioned and i have lost that...but for sure he is not the correct person to inform me the people names, related Precision boards mailed.

regards,

Carlos

Carlos I did not see your first request... I see you made the other two in the same minute in the two diffirent threads.... so pulease... I have sent you the data...

As he just cleared up he is makeing a DIY version...
Unfortunatly I have now way of matching orders to DIYaudio members other than where they include that details in their orders or I have had e-mail contact with them...

Here is some specifications to the Dx Corporation Amplifiers

I have not IMD and THD numbers... i feel they may be good, as sounds fine...if someone decide to cooperate to provide us those informations, of course will be welcome.

They are not important to me...i really do not bother about that, but i feel that many forum folks feel good to know some numbers.

Here the basic numbers...not very precise, but will give you an idea of the amplifier specifications.

First the Dx Standard.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• dx standard specifications.gif
    dx standard specifications.gif
    7 KB · Views: 598
Status
Not open for further replies.