Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I do not know dear Gaetan....this is adjusted during construction

destroyer X said:

Do you really need that answer in frequency?... i will have to check it into the simulator to tell you the frequency.... for sure the frequency were it starts is higher than you can listen.... so...it cleans, because of feedback, those frequencies that turns the audio spectrum "dirty" of waste frequencies.

regards,

Carlos

Hello

If it's not too much trouble.

I am learning how Dx and other amp working, I learned a lot of thing since the first time I ask a question in the forum.

Thank

Gaetan

Re: I am still searching for "one step up" amplifiers

destroyer X said:

Something that reproduces with better (clear better, immediatelly perceived into A to B comparison, without any doubts) better amplifiers than Dx amplifier related sonics...not circuit complications, will increase of distortions and costs as i am perceiving in my home...testing!....or those said non distortion that sounds awfull (there are many...you do not imagine how many they are!)...

regards,

Carlos

Hello

Wen you will have try the Crimson amp schematic I did sent you, tell me how it do compared to the DX.

Thank

Gaetan

All rigth dear Gaetan....

Starts to work around 80 Kilohertz.

Will produce a good attenuation to 150 kilohertz

Frequencies above 300 kilohertz are hardly attenuated.

Signals above 3 Megahertz (some transistors i am using into Dx amplifier) are almost eliminated.

So.... High frequency signals have no chance with the NFB.

I am also learning...discovering something interesting...please!...tell me.

regards,

Carlos

I am hardly resistant to that Crimson

I am needing motivation...pictures...stories about...those things.

It has a lot of CCS..... a bunch of those things.... i hate those circuits, i am concluding they are "circuit sonic killers"... and said that will turn sound more perfect!

This damn Crimson has a lot...i was watching....watching....watching...and decide to keep myself watching...just watching....at least for a while.

I am constructing the Lixo amp.... do you know what is Lixo in Portuguese?.......ahahahhaha....funny that.

This Lixo amp is a fully simetrical amplifier... double differential, a PNP and one NPN... and a lot of crossover problems there too...maybe because of that i decided by this name Gaetan.

Will not tell the name.... there are thousand of Lixo lovers around.

I am courageous....but to challenge all those folks is to be very much crazy..even to me!

Ahahahha...they do not understand Portuguese!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• crazy.jpg
    crazy.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 313
You know Gaetan.... i have some folks around that will criticise me

Graham will tell:

- I told you, those circuits do not have the Dx sonics!"

Jacco Vermeullen will say:

- Naah!

Hugh Dean will tell me:

- Well Carlos, you have time to waste in those things... i told ya!

Carlos FM, from the Chip amps forum will say:

- C'a marche!

And i will say to myself:

- It is sounding ship...exactly the way i was imagining!

You know Gaetan...ship use to produce noises...boom!....boom!...boom!

I really think, dear Gaetan, that you will have to tell me that you have crossed Amazon river swiming fast, trying to scape from Piranhas to obtain this schematic to show me....maybe this way i will construct.

In amazon river there are a very small fish Gaetan.... the name is Candirú....you cannot enter the river nude...have to protect yourself...this fish loves small hole we have in the river banks...they enter those holes Gaetan..... so..... protection!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• crimsonamp.jpg
    crimsonamp.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 371
Re: I am hardly resistant to that Crimson

destroyer X said:

I am constructing the Lixo amp.... do you know what is Lixo in Portuguese?.......ahahahhaha....funny that.

This Lixo amp is a fully simetrical amplifier... double differential, a PNP and one NPN... and a lot of crossover problems there too...maybe because of that i decided by this name Gaetan.

Will not tell the name.... there are thousand of Lixo lovers around.

I am courageous....but to challenge all those folks is to be very much crazy..even to me!

Ahahahha...they do not understand Portuguese!

regards,

Carlos

Hello

lixo = rubbish, garbage

Ha ha ha...

Gaetan

DX Sound

Hi to everybody!

If I miss this forum for a week, then I have to read for three hours! Finally I've heard the DX sound, first it was strange, because I had no 12V zener and I put 15V 2W...when I replaced with 12V 0,5W the sound changed and became nice.
Effectively for the first 5-10 minutes it still seemed to be not bad, but different from any other amp, then I started to like it, and, after 2 or three hours, when I switched it off, I was no longer listening to the amplifier, but to the music...
it seems to me that this is a very good quality for an amplifier !!
I think that I will put the DX in a case and make some serious listening test!

Bye bye from Florence

Attachments

• panoramapiazzalemichelangelo.jpg
    panoramapiazzalemichelangelo.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 389
Juergenk.... i will see what is bait in the dictionaire.

Maybe means some method to attract the danger to another person...hummmm.... not a good idea!

Das ist nichst zier gut!

Ist das gut?

regards,

Carlos
........................................................................................................

Very good my dear fratello, from Firenze

I hope you enjoy.... you can reduce bass if dislike bass in your speakers/home/audition place.

You can increase treble if you want.

So, you can match to your taste and needs.

I hope it will give you the same pleasure i have knowing my beloved amplifier is playing in Firenze!

My grandmother is dancing in the paradise rigth now

Grazie!

arrivederci,

Carlo

.......................................................................................................

Hi Nordic.

I am happy to see you once again...have some news for us?

regards,

Carlos

No Carlos, was minding my business when there was an urgent knock on the door....

"Fish!!!!!!!!!..... Water!!!!!!!!!...Mommy was the only 3 sensible words the boy got out in exitedment.(he turns 6 next week)

Anyhow... turns out his mom broke their tank, with the result that I had to go save the fish... then I had to clean one of my old tanks, and had to build her a stand for the tank... which is about 3 times the size of the one that broke.....

I will take the offending circuit out tommorrow morning and work my way through it... I can see what looks like a small crack on one of the ceramic caps...

not bad Carlos (your language skills!)
unfortunatly Brasil gets very reluctant with fish exports*, so we don't need to bait fish
I wouldn't want Candirus anyway, sorry for the small joke on your expense, could not resist :eek:

*its difficult to judge the reason from here, local perspective may be others, but as always, reason in politics may be beyond logic
regards
Jürgen

Brazilian people is mixed with Indians, the native people we have here

they have enormous respect to the nature.

Unfortunatelly we are mixed with other races too.... there are many groups burning the rain forest and other bad things to our environment.

Fishing, when fish return to the Ocean/lake/river is fine...also fishing to eat.... including for business..... but for sport we are very resistant to that.

It is all rigth...i am not offended, and did not perceived any bad intentions...i perceive you were kidding.

Alles gut!

auf wiederlehsen,

Carl

Nordic.... those problems, human errors, parts broken, bad contact, open circuits

Shorts, magnetic interferences, oscilations, errors in bias, defective components,fluctuating off set....this happens very often.

Almost daily..... do not think do not happens with me...happens daily!

So, i am just having fun my dear, to see that we are all the same!

World is a very small village, and people is the same.

Despite the tragedy of today, it will be a good laugh tomorrow..keep the good mood.

Life is beautifull, despite those moments...they serve to us to show that there are good moments too.

regards,

Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.