Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have constructed your amplifier Hienrich.

And sounded fine...good one.

I do not want to stimulate too much other amplifiers than the Dx Amplifier here, so, you are right about that.

Better another thread.

But i feel i have already a lot of work and concerns having this single thread that i will turn crazy facing another one.

Maybe in the future, soon the Dx amplifier will go loosing interest...all folks interested will have constructed their units and new interests will appear to them..... then, will be time to open another thread.

Also, high power amplifiers produces burns...shorts.... explosions and those things we do not have in mid power units.... as many folks are not skilled, i will have too much problems..... i already have with Dx Amplifier...simple and cheap...try to imagine the problems a bigger brother can produce to me.

I need more time to myself, and the forum is having a lot of my time...i love that, but i cannot continue to follow the forum in such a close way i am doing...i have to own money!

This power unit, was sent to Macd, because he said he will arrange schematics, boards, simulate, produce, listen, test, publish...well..he will have the hard work.

regards,

Carlos

Hey uncle Charly, I sent my wife to her mom for the weekend, and just came back from the shops with the last bits and pieces needed... except for feet... I'll get nice brass knobs for feet at the flee market next weekend or tommorrow if I wake erly enough...

Got some danish oil for the face... RCA connectors for the inputs, and the missing IEC connector too... Also bought some relays and components to make a momentary button to switch the transformers on and off as a type of standby. But this is a secondary circuit and only temporary until I complete the microprocesor part o fthe amp... so I will do that later.... when I build the chipamp into the same case for summer duty.

Hey Nordic.... i have a question.

Explain, please, this manual plus relay switching you want to have.

Your supply is external, so, this switching is strange..... delay switching?....but Dx amplifier do not makes noises during switch on?

Ahahahaha...it make small noise during switch off.... some seconds latter, after condensers are discharged it make a very small pump!

I am very happy with your pretty amplifier Nordic...very unhappy with your digital camera too.

"Dx Corporation, in name of it's World wide Offices, Marketing Management and Strategies, need images to History files to be locked into the Hiper computer used to save customer data."

Discount to the ones send reasonable qualities pictures for:

panzertoo@yahoo.com

50 percent discount over free standard price...... Dx will cost half of nothing.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• wilson happy.jpg
    wilson happy.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 275
Hi Carlos... there will be 3 transformers... the 2 main ones and a baby PCB mount transformer... the small one gets turned on with a switch on transformer case... the little relay is driven by a bistable flip flop for witch a 2 core wire goes to the amp in addition to the 2 AC cables from the transformers.

So pressing the button will switch the transformers on if they are off or off if they are on.... but the small transformer stays on, unless it is specificaly powered off.

So, no, I have not dealt with the turn off thump yet, if you say its safe, I won't bother with it too much...

I will very soon get an entry level digital camera.... I miss my old epson.

Definately worth it... I think I have the most expensive DX so far...

You have a very good one..for sure you have

I understood...small transformer and bi stable...fine

Congratulations...i will be waiting this entry level camera.

I suggest you Kodak or Cannon... optical zoom and macro is a need

More than 2 Megapixels is enougth...more than enought to internet use.

Of course....i want an stereocopic camera with 250 Megapixels each one of the lenses.... the same as our eyes...but they did not made that one.

regards,

Carlos

Many thanks.... Six times happy dear Ecat

I have to say that:

"construct equipments..... many folks can do it....but to produce a nice art work alike you made....only few guys can make it"

Congratulations.

" Dx amplifier, the Artist's most beloved amplifier!"

Ecat.... those units, playing together with many good supplies.... each one 200 watts minimum, over 4 ohms, will produce more than 700 watts of nice sound!...this is more than a big Cinema hall has!

Thank you to share, your artist conception of the "Pyramid".... receiving positive energies from the Universe.

ahahahha...fine...... the center of Universe's Energies.

"Marketing Department, number 93723874940 B-0AP X"

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• art work small forum.jpg
    art work small forum.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 417
We never know dear Ostry....i was interested to know...could have beated Dx

There are units able to beat....of course...Aksa is one of them... Symassym in some aspects can beat too....GEM can do it also..... there are some characteristics of Holton Amplifier that just "smashes" my little cheap simple amplifier (voices)

I am very frustrated.... i just could not, even, make it work.... and i suppose the one make that one is not an idiot...so..... i was the idiot in the reality as i could not make it work.... even in the simulator that works everything....also things that do not work real life.

In the simulator you can force 100 amperes into a BC547 transistor and it continues to work....so.... perceive how stupid simulators are!

I will try once more.... last night, very late, i was with the calculator searching for some track to discover how to make it more stable into my simulator.... i was studying your provided schematic.

Asking to myself, if that damn simulator was creating me problems....

I could find nothing, and i have finished with another amplifier, so modified, that was not more the original one you have sent me...and i thank you very much for that....because you have sent, because your interest, and because you have trust on me to evaluate.

I decide not to construct mine... that modified thing i made yesterday nigth.....because wasa clone...not fair to the designer to fail to construct his amplifier and go modifying, doing another different one, without give him the honest chance to have his unit hardly tried....

I have made a copy related the idea that made the designer produce your posted amplifiers, version 1 and version II..... but i have to say that i am frustrated, and that i do not acccept to loose this battle so easy....battle is lost...war will continue..for sure!

I will backward...alike Napoleón Bonaparte.... to join energies to attack once more......never fear, Charlie is here!....i will attack once more and we gonna see if this schematic will work or not!

Sorry, for the deception i have produced to you too.

I am not that "monster of knowledge"... people thinks...they are wrong.... i am just a parrot that talks too much....there are things that i stand watching without understand.

I am good to listen and to fast detect things... a critics listening things...a very tuned folk i am to do that....but not too much more than that.

regards,

Carlos

Re: Many thanks.... Six times happy dear Ecat

ostry said:
Nice collection ecat, are you building 5.1 system?

Thank you.

tri-amp-ing :) I know I don't need the power of the DX for the treble
but building 6 the same keeps things simple, simple is good :yes:

destroyer X said:
... snip ...
Carlos [/B]

Oh no ! You snipped the big X from the background :( No worries, didn't look so good anyway.

4 transformers each 300va, 300's were only a couple of £'s more than the 225va's. So, one transformer for each base amp and one shared between each pair of mid and high amps. Should be enough :D

Brackets and heatsinks to make. Humm, some day real soon I should start thinking about a case or three, or four. I was thinking of two mono-blocks and a pair of twin channel boxes. Maybe. We'll see.

Re "Dx Turbo" Version

Hi Carlos:D :D :D

Got your schematic. Thank you very much. I will start off today with the PCB layout. Do not have internet connection at home. Do not know what is the problem. Will try to sort it out today. Once finished with the schematic, I will post it here. I was very busy this weekend. I have a new born in my house and he is keeping me very busy.Only 4weeks old.(see photo) Our power was also out yesterday and only came on this morning. Was very frustrated. Anyway its back to work today......

Will keep you informed.......

Thanks Again
macd

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Attachments

• resize of dsc00234.jpg
    resize of dsc00234.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 295
Ahahahha...fine!.... i have had four nice babies as you are having.

And i will be happy to find a woman to produce more babies.... this is wonderfull.... i love to take care of my babies....they do not bother me, the opposite!

Let amplifiers rest...enjoy this beautifull thing in your life...each minute.

A hell to all amplifiers!....including mine!

I am saying to the girls around:

Hey!... i know how to construct, debug and listen amplifiers!

They do not turn impressive with that.... and i am living so many years without a baby.... see my baby....but many ears passed...he is a man now.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• carlos, my son.jpg
    carlos, my son.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 264
There are exceptional things in our life and there are good things too.

Dx is a very good thing.

I am now constructing the most complicated schematic i have ever see.

the input, the differential, has 10 (ten) transistors...and to complicate a little bit more, there are field effect units too..... everything that goes to second and third stage are constructed ballanced alike the differential, something alike the comparator circuit.... a hell amplifier, made by a good forum man too, but inspired by the Devil in person.

I will see if it will beat Dx amplifier...ahahahahhaha

You will see me opening thread and making a lot of noise if this happens...if not, you will not see me opening nothing.

Bad news are not a good idea...let's be happy folks...life is not more than a flash...enjoy your life.... construct a Dx amplifier and you will see what is enjoyment.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• clean.jpg
    clean.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 244
That thing i am doing has a patent!.... a crazy French guy made that

thing just to avoid distortions caused by temperature...ahahahahha!

This is a very precious thing folks..... that small distortions produced in the input.... instruments will be happy....he said we can listen.

The guy must be very unhappy to delirate this way, or his wife hitted him with a cooking can!

See the simplified schematic.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• the crazy thing..jpg
    the crazy thing..jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 271
Status
Not open for further replies.