Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
My aproval expression to those complicated things that, probably, will not

even match simple and cheap Dx amplifier.

The expression is clear.

Well.... i have not listened, and the output is Dx made, also many modifications were done....not more exactly the french design...other forum folk made something different too.

I will open the thread to comment if positive.

If negative..well.... let to the Devil what belongs to the Devil.

better to talk good things.

Enjoy my approval expression.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• my aproval expression.jpg
    my aproval expression.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 296
Used parts are in the "Corporation Cleaning asseptic Department"

Parts will be used once more...some of them are beeing used for more than 10 years...... they end with broken leads.

After first cleaning, semiconductors will be tested and all parts will receive a layer of solder into their leads, than will return to be cleaned and them will be separated into different boxes (values)

Those ones will be sounding for many years more.

I will be listening Dx amplifier...of course!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• cleaning asseptic dpt..jpg
    cleaning asseptic dpt..jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 291
From time to time i have to buy some parts too.

This is unavoidable, circuits goes complicating and the number of parts goes increasing..... quality normally do not follow this rule.

But there are exceptions, i am searching those ones.

Do you know some complicated schematic, those denses, filled with 24 transistors (only one output pair...others are processing) that sounds fine?

In a matter of 10 days i will be constructing once again.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• from time to time.jpg
    from time to time.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 284
Re: Used parts are in the "Corporation Cleaning asseptic Department"

destroyer X said:

Parts will be used once more...some of them are beeing used for more than 10 years...... they end with broken leads.

After first cleaning, semiconductors will be tested and all parts will receive a layer of solder into their leads, than will return to be cleaned and them will be separated into different boxes (values)

Those ones will be sounding for many years more.

I will be listening Dx amplifier...of course!

regards,

Carlos

Hello

What do you take to clean your parts ?

Gaetan

I need some courage.... going to test second channel and set its bias too... also first one had many bumps... hope it is still well... can't see anything broken...

Going to take my M16 and play some Armed Assault now... and then wire up the other half... wish I bought some tie clips... but otherwise all is comming out rather well...

found a way to avoid haveing to solder in biasing resistors.... by soldering aligator clips to the resistor's leads...

Yeah dear Gaetan.... i am taking some time to rest a little

Je suis fatiguè de la construccion du amplificateurs du puissance.

I am a tired to construct amplifiers...i have to make a break...fingers are burned.

I will relax...but will be watching the forum movement...alike this bird...relax but watching!

Uopps!.... yes....i use Kerozene, that Jet Plane Fuel.... smells the same as Jet fuel, but this one is more yellow and not so pure as jet fuel...this one had particles of dust and watter bubbles (frozze above 20000 feet and stop the jet airplane).... i have used Alcohol, 95 degrees Alcohol...but now a days we cannot buy them anymore, only the Isopropilic is found and very expensive... alcohol in brazil is now a days in Gel form, only 46 degrées, clean nothing!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• will be watching you.jpg
    will be watching you.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 197
This is what i use Gaetan...from left to rigth

Alcohol, or Ethanol, Ethilic Alcohol.... grade is 95 degrées..very good to clean board flux.

In the middle is the Alcohol we find into Super Markets.... in Gel form and mixed with watter.... it is weak and bad...do not clean nothing!

The rigth side is the Querosene...... aviation fuel..this one to clean painting brushes.... not pure.... the aviation fuel is clear...transparent and not yellow.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• cleaning boards.jpg
    cleaning boards.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 302
Hi Carlos

I have one question: does C10 has to be 220uF/70V??? as far as i remember it has been 220uF/16V:xeye:

Now i don't know which capacitor should i place there, cause 220uF/16V fits perfectly to the pcb, and 220uF/63V is bigger, so placing it there will be some problem.

regards

Maybe errors in the VBE multiplier..check transistor position, check resistances

values and check the wires you have from the VBE multiplier to the board..... the correct position is between 2K7 and 33 ohms to the VBE multiplier colector.

The VBE multiplier emitter goes directly to Q3 colector.

Also you have a working board to compare voltages and wiring.

regards,

Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.