Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey.... nobody told me.

Happy Birthday Carlos with many more to come. Another child from 1951 and I must be the baby as just scraped in that year.

Attachments

• birthdaypig.gif
    birthdaypig.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 333
Thank you Gaetan...i have received your MP3 message.

Also thanks Roender..... with small worries....this is excelent...health, love and not too much worries...the paradise!

regards,

Carlos

.................................................................................................................

Very nice rabbitz...i am eating chocolate cake as a pig...or more exactly...two pigs together!

Thank you also dear Ostry....very good to receive messages from you.

na zdrowie Ostry

Carlos

Thank you Atiq...very nice from you...thank you once more!

Symassym is an extraordinary amplifier.

It can produce short time dinamic peaks at twice its power (seems that)

Also work fine with 4 ohms... it is very powerfull...if i can remember it could reach 130 watts during peaks.

The bass is very precise...one of the 10 plus amplifier i could listen, construct and test.

Also voices are present...treble is fine.

Dx may win Symassym into the trebles....but MikeB said the last version has better trebles...say...the last version aproved by Michael Bittner, because there are clones that insist to make things he do not aprove...those ones i do not know.... as i do not read things that goes against my friends (Michael is good friend)

But Dx has loosen bass...enormous power into bass tones and sub sonics too..... Symassym is more precise, has more control..

If your doubt is to produce Dx or Symassym....i think Symassym is a better option......not so simple to construct, not so cheap, but made to be a winner...... Dx has not that intention.

I am satisfied to run head to head with him....this is honor enougth for me.

regards,

Carlos

I have made this one...finished last hour

The output remembers Aksa 55 (old one)... without top secrets, of course.

The VAS, mirrored, is what kills the sonics of this unit.

As the input i have made and tried with both bootstrapp and them i made it VAS mirrored.

Sounds nice...nothing very special i have to say...but goes deep bass..can work fine with sinusoidal, 1 cicle each second...you see the speaker floating slowly...with small "tics" when passing int he crossover zone.... reason why you see the suck out condensers...one into the VBE multiplier and other into the driver's emitters.

The input is simple, tuned to maximum...believe me i did it... inthe place of transistors as loads, sinks or CCS, i have used resistances...as the sound result better...i have tried the transistors there.... were removed because do not sound good!

It can go 200 Megahertz..... was tried output coil too..... the wave turns triangle, say, the sinusoidal signal, around 80 Kilohertz.

Power is 55 and 78 watts into the clipping and feeding it a 37 volts supply.

Dinamic power is bad!..... it do not goes too much.... if you try it clips.

Treble is exceptional...very clear, detailed and have nice spatial position, deep field and stages....floors...higher and lower...interesting "effect".... it is perfect when using to High frequency amplifier...above 5 kilohertz it is perfect!...good to the ones loves "sound stage"

You see...every bull traveling in ship, can be good...there are always something good in every amplifier..... so....go ahead and publish yours..... every amplifier has qualities and defects....everyone has something good that we can use and appreciate.

I made my best....it is nice....but has not romance....alike that wonderful woman that is not sexy....different than my dear Brazilian
Giselle Bundchen...not so pretty but extraordinary sexy!

This amplifier will be keep assemble..because mine and serves as reference about Mirrored VAS sonics.

The bass is precise and detailed...but seems week (it is not..full power on it!)...seems arrested...blocked...impeached!

Dx amplifier, when you inject one cicle, the movement is not so precise..but sound much better than this one in the low frequencies.

The amplifier is not a simulator result..was constructed, was listened..it is real and exists... if you want some data, voltages, currents or something about.... i have all material saved, including images.

If you ask me if i suggest this one.

I will say NO!.... with the exception is you will produce treble amplifier... to a multi frequency amplification.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• it is reasonable.jpg
    it is reasonable.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 386
Nice Comparison

Dear Carlos,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

It appeared to me that like an individual both DX and Symassym have their own personality!!!

As far as construction goes I'll probably build both to see (subjectively) how they sound. In this arena of Audio DIY everyone is rewarded with one prize -J--O--Y- making for pleasure!

Do you think audiophile capacitors exist or is it merely another audio myth?

Cheers!

Atiq

I have checked this, today, and once more.... i have a picture the way i did.

Was in some feedback line, also into the gain control and also into the input....my dear...i could perceive nothing.

Into the input...the winner was a bipolar electrolític condenser.... maybe because bipolar...i do not know...but measuring, it show to me that has 2.3 uF...and it is a 1uF bipolar unit!

So...i perceive more bass....but reason was reactance capacitive...that resistance to low frequencies.

I lot of good friends, half of our forum...good close friends too....do you understand....can you understand me.... very close friends.....hehe..they turn nervous against me sometimes...they say there are differences...what can i tell you.

Try by yourself...i could perceive nothing!

They will say i have bad ears...ahahahahah!

I will bring the image to post..you will see what i have done...today!

Have you listened something about "burn in" capacitors (do not put fire on them please..because put fire is the only thing that makes sense to me).... have you listened something about; Unobtanium, Inexistium, Fool-Y-U....or some audio cable with oxigen free?

Some of them may be the most real "snake oil"...and this fluid (invisible) was produced in Atlântida (Atlântis)...that lost continent.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• img_0676.jpg
    img_0676.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 347
Ahahah...fine...i have perceive you are true.

I thank you by the message.

I hope you are right..that i can have everything i have laughing.

Oh!...sometimes i cannot smile...but for sure this last for 5 minutes maximum!

Life is short to be bothered for too long.

Life is beautifull...girls are outside...and we are hunting!!!!

Love is the answer... all kind of love.

regards,

Carlos

Re "Dx Turbo" Version

Hi Carlos:D :D :D

I Hope you enjoyed your birthday yesterday? Did not want to bother you with Dx yesterday. I have a +-56V DC transformer that I got from a friend. I build a "ST151" amplifier from sixtek using this supply(see picture below). The amp is working fine and the sound is ok. But I am not happy with the quality of the sound. Dx sounds much better then "ST151", not saying that sixtek's amp is not good. I like both amps. I want to build a Dx Turbo using this supply(+-56V DC). I know I asked you before for a schematic. The sound that I am listerning to is dance music (electonic music) and now and then a little bit of live concerts and jazz as well. The speakers I am planning to used is two 15" hybrid boxes. I can make a nice PCB layout for this amp and share the files for other Dx listerners. Let's build this one Carlos and test it. I still have to get my heatsinks so the size is not an issue.

The instuments that I am using is a +-30V 3A duel power supply and a HP digital scope. I borrowed it from work to build and test my Dx's. It is winter in SA now and very cold when I get home from work. As I do most of my work in my garage and somethimes it is very cold to work there, so I do not get to work every night.(I miss my Dx's).

Thanks
macd

Attachments

• resize of dsc00247.jpg
    resize of dsc00247.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 339
All rigth....i will do it today...i will make a fast construction to evaluate

Those speakers you have..... are they 4 ohms?

Do they have crossovers inside?

How is that crossover..... air coils?

What capacitor value you have inside this crossover....

No crossover?......better....much better.

And wire length you will use...it is normal cable....explain me that, if you feel more confortable, go directly to my mail:

panzertoo@yahoo.com

thank you, i was happy with my birthday gift.

Today i am very busy...will be out with my Wife...she use to spend 4 minutes watching each Apple, turning the one into her hands to make examinations..... so.... i will loose enormous time with my turtle speed Spanish Beauty.

Latter i will construct, will also simulate...i wanna to have sure you will not loose your time....a lot of amplifiers, sounding good, when you change supply voltaqe and some currents, they turn bad...so....i have to listen in advance.

The transformer AC voltage, the electrolitic condenser you have and your output impedance (the one you will use) is important to me to simulate it under real conditions of losses of voltage.

What will be your audio source, what is the impedance and the output level.....yeah...... you need basses and trebles fine...because of jazz.... dinamic is not priority as i can imagine....but sound stage is important.

regards,

Carlos

Re "Dx Turbo" Version

Hi Carlos

The speakers is 8ohm. They have REAL Audio crossovers inside. When I installed them I noticed the air coils. I do not know what the capacitor value is. Will open them up and have a look. The speaker cable will be +-5m long. Normal heavy gauge type. The transformer AC voltage is 40-0-40 Vac. The supply capacitor value will be 9400uF total (2x4700uF in paralell) for each rail. My output impedance will be 8ohm. My source is a standard output from my Beheringer mixer. Do not know the output impedance.

Thanks
Let me know I you need anything else.

macd :D :D :D

Macd, please, construct this circuit i am showing you

This is your supply....or the one you have.... with the values you have.

I want to know the voltage you have under hard load conditions to evaluate a lot of things and to take decisions on this.

Will you have one channel?

One transformer and one channel?.... or two transformers, one to each channel (sorry, my English is bad, so i have to go into details)

The resistance can be all wire resistances you have in parallel...of course bigger values...bigger than 16 ohms...to produce one unit from 5 to 10 ohms..... in the reality, two units, as you will load the positive and the negative at the same time.....things must be done fast to avoid fire!

I need that voltage, and the resistance value you could obtain...they do not need to be the same...just inform each resistance value and the voltage you have over that one...

I need positive rail voltage under load and the value of this load (ohm)

I need negative rail voltage under load, and the value of this load.

Also, what is the purpose of this amplifier.... will you plug it into 2 ohms loads.... will you use it together a synthetizer (continuous tones)

Personal?
Commercial (no problem)?
Parties?
To bother neighboor?
Sound competition?
To call the attention of surrounding girls
You own pleasure
To play with guitar and other instruments?
To produce sound in parties, or big places?
To be very bad and burn bad guy's speakers?

Those informations are important to the dimensions, heats, transistors, heatsinks and all decisions to make.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• under hard load.jpg
    under hard load.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 416
Status
Not open for further replies.