Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you by the preference Dear Ostry...now you are a member of Dx crew.

I hope you will like it, and that will make you more happy... that the unit brings to you good listening moments with the delicious music from Poland.

By the way, dear Ostry....your Kodak C875 was with the white balance positioned in the wrong place when you made those pictures.... switch it to automatic.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• poland.jpg
    poland.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 337
Not yet ready for images

I had no time to relax with DX amp these days (I had to work)

Thanks Graham for your complete and clear answer about the residual voltage when we switch the amp off.

Yes, I am italian (sorry for the wrong flag Carlos!!): I live 15 Km away from Florence (nice town to visit, but not to live).

I will get my wife's digital camera and post images of the italian DX AMP, but I have to finish it before !! (maybe I will not do that because I shame of my "pen made" boards!!)

I have used transistors that I already had:
2 SA 872 for input pair ( I had 2 selected pairs)
BD 139 for vas and for bias
TIP 31 and TIP 32 as drivers
MJ 15003 and MJ 15004 finals

and 2 transformers (28+28 V AC) 200 W

By by to everyone !!

Molto buonno caro fratello!..very good evilsmelling.

My grandmother born at firenze..... i am happy that Dx will play in her place.... her name was Olga Danesi.

Va molto benne...me piage molto questa situazzioni!

I like the fact that you have made my amplifier.

Relax and be happy, as you will dream sweet dream listening Dx amplifier.

Arrivederci Centurioni.

regards,

Carlos

I am listening and adjusting this one in this moment

I cannot relax...curiosity is very big.

And i said Dx can eat many amplifiers...now i will guarantee that too.

I am checking many ones i have constructed in the past...many topologies to compare.

hehe.... Dx is working fine.... i am in doubts to construct ULD...i do not want fight with you.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• this one adjusting.jpg
    this one adjusting.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 309
Hi!

Carlos - you were right about the contrast in my camera, it has changed it automatically, I had to turn on some pre-set program to make acceptable pictures, without these programs, my pictures are blurry, my hands are too shaky:dead:

This University of Music is placed in Katowice, the city not so distant from the place where i live (same voivodeship: "¦l±skie"), it has educated many great musicians.

On our polish audio forum http://www.audiostereo.pl/forum.html people have figured out project called "simple rival for Gainclone" they used simple circuit from EE and slightly modified it. Maybe you will be interested in testing this one:

(original circuit)

Attachments

• 783416_1.jpg
    783416_1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 361
The first one i have already constructed, but sounded standard..nothing special

No doubts was a good sounding unit...but no romance....nothing extraordinary.

The second one i will construct this week....and will tell you some.[

Thank you by your schematics... it is probable that Dx amplifier will eat it in the breakfast...all those ones!

regards,

Carlos

I am listening the last one i have published the schematic.

It is sounding nice....i have made it...based in other schematic...but now a days you just cannot see any similarities...another one now.

This is more Dx than other thing.

But i made, till the present moment, the maximum i could...sonics are not bad....clear voices.... strong and clear trebles, but nothing incredible...nothing that can pass you emotions...something alike Chip amplifiers...or those one use operational amplifier in the input...Aaagh!

Bass is controled..not boomy....i think weak bass...no romance...no class....has not charm, rien du noblesse oblige, quelque chose di rien, something common...alike 6 and half dozen...we can see those bill shots around our place, sounding in shops..playing portable radios...playing sound systems....bah!...aaagh!.....

Nah!

I have made it...but Dx amplifier is another story..first the nice bootstrapp circuit that really makes the difference..second that i was Doctor Hugh Dean student, pupil...also Doctor Graham Maynard is my teacher....i thing that i have receive the spirit of Mr. John Lindsey Hood when i was making that design.... sound very good..eating all those one i am making those days.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• the first modifications.jpg
    the first modifications.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 372
I am still trying this last schematic...was modified...

Those two transistors into the differential colectors were removed and substituted by 3K3 resistances.... other modifications were done...

I will see if it will sound really good.

Listening i ask to myself:

- "Were's the bass?"

It is inside some case...or cage...jail

I am telling about the last black and white schematic i have published.

The blue one will be constructed...and soon.

Because i am happy, as Firenze, Italy is also constructing...i will have a Lasagna in this lunch.

Cheers!

Carlos

Attachments

• viva la itália!.jpg
    viva la itália!.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 346
Hi ostry,

This is a line buffer / gain stage that has been fully tested.

Will drive amps, phones, and test LS at low level.
Would need output stage like yours to blast Hi-Fi.

Similar layout to yours.

I took input device bias from opposite rail so that the input bases could be connected directly together.

Input C necessary only when input is not at zero; may be omitted for DC>>>>. Low distortion at AF.

Cheers .......... Graham.

Attachments

• 12dbbuffer.gif
    12dbbuffer.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 387
Status
Not open for further replies.