denon dvd-3910 service manual ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Enjoyed reading your mods... I have a Denon 2910 which will mod at some point...

The MUR series has been a favorite of diyers...

Here is a document that may help you decide what to do: http://www.powerint.com/sites/default/files/product-docs/an15.pdf

Of all the supply lines, I think the 3.3V requires the most attention because it comes out straight from the secondary of the SMPS transformer and then it is filtered with a CLC filter but there is no further regulation. The other lines are also filtered with CLC but also further regulated with linear voltage regulators.

Hi
I am now beginning to plan for the mod of the PSU
Of 3910
I start at the bridge diodes
This model of the diode that is now in the DENON -EM01AT (V1)

I think I will use those what you think

FAIRCHILD SEMICONDUCTOR
RHRP8120

8 A, 1200 V, Hyperfast Diode
????

DIODE,FAST,8A,1200V,2-TO220AC
More Details

If you look at the schematic, there is a clock generation chip that generates all the required frequencies out of the 27 MHz clock. Replacing this 27 MHz master clock may or may not produce any benefits since this clock is just a reference to derive the clock signals used by the different parts in the Denon player. Those clock signals have a minimum amount of jitter determined by the clock generation chip.

The clock for the audio section is a 33.8688 MHz generated clock and the datasheet for the clock generation chip says that the jitter is 150 psec (period jitter) which is equivalent to ~ 15 psec RMS of phase jitter (clocks are specified in term of phase jitter).

It seems reasonable to feed a low jitter 33.8688 MHz clock rather than replacing the 27MHz reference clock. But I can't find any reference that this has been done before. This is something I want to try when I get around to mod my Denon unit... http://hifiduino.wordpress.com/2012/05/26/33-8688-mhz-oscillator-discrete-choice/

I now begin the design of the PSU
I will use the Monfrad capacitors
Now
what a diode company you recommend for the diode bridge ?

Another question
I want to replace the MASTER CLOCK
You can bring me a recommendation for one

And a link to who sells the specific model that fits DENON DVD 3910 ?

Last edited:
Thank you all
This sketch of the PSU
1)
I need a recommendation diodes
Of the diode bridge
D901
D902
D903
D904
2)
I'm looking for a good capacitor
For the PSU
I usually order parts website
FARNELL

And by the way the mod thet i did on audio circuit
He improved the sound significantly
Level not believe it's the same device
I'm a guitarist and I usually listen to rock music
I have a CD of Steve Vai on SACD I'm addicted to it
With mod now he sounds all so realistic that it's scary
Was worth the effort solder 70 parts
And replace 10 OP AMPS
I hope that people here will use list of parts for the mod that I did
Because is improved sound disciplinary

Attachments

• denon 3910 psu.zip
    162.6 KB · Views: 56
Thank you all
This sketch of the PSU
1)
I need a recommendation diodes
Of the diode bridge
D901
D902
D903
D904
2)
I'm looking for a good capacitor
For the PSU
I usually order parts website
FARNELL

And by the way the mod thet i did on audio circuit
He improved the sound significantly
Level not believe it's the same device
I'm a guitarist and I usually listen to rock music
I have a CD of Steve Vai on SACD I'm addicted to it
With mod now he sounds all so realistic that it's scary
Was worth the effort solder 70 parts
And replace 10 OP AMPS
I hope that people here will use list of parts for the mod that I did
Because is improved sound disciplinary

I have a had quite a few Denon and Nak upscale players and I never bought the 3910 because I hated it in 2 channel mode..It was muddy and sounded out of phase on standard CDs and SACDs and after talking to Rick,the man that has modded many,he said it was optimized for multi-channel surround...Your mod probably did much of that I would guess.
I used to change op amps and mod the power supply in every CD player I had and the one's responded best to the mods were the cheap players.
I did a lot of dampening on the trays and I stacked muses caps on the 5v and 18v lines and changed the laser cap to a photo-flash type.
Nowadays tho,I bought me a mac mini off craigs list and I use it as my music server and I run it thru a 180 dollar DAC and you can't get any better than that for digital unless you go with a more expensive dac...I use all vinyl but when I don't feel like changing records I put the server on....I have no doubt what you did is an exponential improvement.
There are many superb dacs out there for little money so I quit the mod game on the players...I basically play my digital from a hard drive in the mac mini.

I have a had quite a few Denon and Nak upscale players and I never bought the 3910 because I hated it in 2 channel mode..It was muddy and sounded out of phase on standard CDs and SACDs and after talking to Rick,the man that has modded many,he said it was optimized for multi-channel surround...Your mod probably did much of that I would guess.
I used to change op amps and mod the power supply in every CD player I had and the one's responded best to the mods were the cheap players.
I did a lot of dampening on the trays and I stacked muses caps on the 5v and 18v lines and changed the laser cap to a photo-flash type.
Nowadays tho,I bought me a mac mini off craigs list and I use it as my music server and I run it thru a 180 dollar DAC and you can't get any better than that for digital unless you go with a more expensive dac...I use all vinyl but when I don't feel like changing records I put the server on....I have no doubt what you did is an exponential improvement.
There are many superb dacs out there for little money so I quit the mod game on the players...I basically play my digital from a hard drive in the mac mini.

DENON DVD 3910
Is my only one purpose
Play SACD discs
For normal CD discs I have ARCAM CD player CD-192
Is an excellent Machine ;)

Attachments

• audio circuit 3910 and1.jpg
    audio circuit 3910 and1.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 567
Last edited:
DENON DVD 3910
Is my only one purpose
Play SACD discs
For normal CD discs I have ARCAM CD player CD-192
Is an excellent Machine ;)

That makes perfect sense then..I have a chance to get a 3910 locally with box and manual and I can get it for 125.00...If I get it,how is it in 2 channel mode after the mod? I will probably just use my dac in order to forgo all the extra work.

That makes perfect sense then..I have a chance to get a 3910 locally with box and manual and I can get it for 125.00...If I get it,how is it in 2 channel mode after the mod? I will probably just use my dac in order to forgo all the extra work.

I did not understand exactly what you mean
If you do the mod
It's only for analog

But I think it's really worth the sound he produces now just mesmerizing
Buy the machine
If you want help in audio ciruit Mod ask me and I'll try to help you bro
:)

I did not understand exactly what you mean
If you do the mod
It's only for analog

But I think it's really worth the sound he produces now just mesmerizing
Buy the machine
If you want help in audio ciruit Mod ask me and I'll try to help you bro
:)

I only want it for Analog..I have a blue ray player that I never use..Andy Griffith,Gunsmoke,Bonanza,and Sponge Bob are not on blue ray lol.

Cannot find it at Farnell's
LQA08TC600 Power Integrations | 596-1372-5-ND | DigiKey

You need 600V
Amperage depends on inrush current. Maybe 8A is a bit to much. Maybe you want to change the first capacitor behind the diode and change inrush current.

As I understand because of the diode
Such efficiency
It can be requires change the values ​​of the other parts in the power supply

1 At first I have to find diodes for the diode bridge
Can I use four of them to build a bridge diodes?

2 Good Capacitors -Recommendation ?
3 And at the end of the diodes of the regulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.