Demetris, Milevas...and others too...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Zigis said:

I wonder, is it good idea to make Mileva's front panel from 2 cm spruce wood for better looking ? Or spruce can start sing her own song ?

Zigis.

that's an entirely new can of worms; some of us have hardly agreed to disagree on ply vs MDF :hot:

But seriously, with a few more cleats in addition to the central driver brace and divider panels that make the fold, you could improve on an already fairly well braced box.

If you have adequate edge grain spruce to fabricate the front baffles, and a little inlaid marquetry, you could make a very pretty enclosure indeed. Use plywood for the internals, and allow for removal of the back panel at least during the initial voicing period, to adjust damping as needed.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I like the monolith, Scott. Big as they are, they really don't take up that much room.
At one point I considered building a pair of BIB monoliths to put right against the wall. My wife thought it was a great idea, as they would come off the wall only 8~10" They may be big, but done right, they become the wall. My wife would have painted them with tikis and coconut trees anyway. ;) (see my avatar)

Never did build them, just don't need that much speaker. But they do look cool.

P17 + T Mileva

Hello,

Would it be possible to get dims (line length, taper, round port dims, etc) for a Mileva-type cabinet for the Vifa P17?

Fs: 41 Hz
SPL: 87 dB 1W/1m
Vas: 1.16 cu. ft.
Qms: 1.28
Qes: .48
Qts: .35
Xmax: 4.0 mm
Power handling: 70 watts RMS/100 watts max
Voice coil inductance: .84 mH
Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
DC resistance: 5.6 ohms

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.