Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

The producer of Lynx cards has never disclosed any technical information to the open source community which could lead to linux alsa driver development for their products. Nor have they prepared the drivers themselves.

This may change in the future but I very much doubt it. Lynx remains one of the few soundcards not supported in linux alsa. Daphile is a linux distribution, using alsa as vast majority of other distributions do.

Supported HW - http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Main (somewhat updated)

Last edited:
The producer of Lynx cards has never disclosed any technical information to the open source community which could lead to linux alsa driver development for their products. Nor have they prepared the drivers themselves.

This may change in the future but I very much doubt it. Lynx remains one of the few soundcards not supported in linux alsa. Daphile is a linux distribution, using alsa as vast majority of other distributions do.

Supported HW - Matrix:Main - AlsaProject (somewhat updated)

Got it. Thank you so much!

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

I'm brand new to Daphile but have received incredible help from vdi_nenna (thanks Vince!) in setting up my new server. I'm now up and running but am having trouble with the CD ripping process; instead of getting all green checkmarks as tracks are ripped, Daphile is skipping some or all of the tracks on some CDs, leaving me with a red international "no go" symbol (you know, the circle with the line through it) instead. This problems seems a little sporadic, making it hard to diagnose.

I have attached the error log file from a recent attempt. Can anyone tell me what it means?

Thank you,
Scott

Attachments

• CD Error Log.pdf
    132.2 KB · Views: 77
Joined 2004
Paid Member
D'oh!

I had reset the destination drive but must have failed to save that change. The same thing happened when I set the Schiit Bifrost as the DAC; I'm sure I saved that setting, but then again it mysteriously changed back to the default and needed to be reset. Encroaching senility?

In any event, I'm up and running!

Regards,
Scott

Attachments

• Server Components Pre-Build.jpg
    Server Components Pre-Build.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 366
  • Server Overhead.jpg
    Server Overhead.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 341
  • Server Nearly Finished.jpg
    Server Nearly Finished.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 343
Hi,
I just have had Daphile successfully installed on my laptop's USB stick. All working fine but wanted to access the same laptop's internal drive to access my music file. Tried to reach the pages behind where some people mentioned disk drive being wiped out.
Can i confirm - if I enable my laptop internal drive (where Daphile boot USB is attached), this is safe i.e will not wipe data on the laptop drive?
Thanks
D

During testing I had to change the rip directory twice but maybe I missed the save buttom. I usually rip on another pc as a backup then move files and folders over the network.

Unless you click "Save and Restart" after a change, it will be lost. Once saved, the change is retained. I save to my NAS and all works properly. Even with standard settings, I've never had a problem with reading from the NAS. If you have plenty of memory, you may wish to set a larger read buffer.