Dallas II vs Kirishima

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Trileru
How did you stuff them? The build looks killer.

After all the back and forth on the Kirishimas and Dallas II's, I built the Alfredo horns with the 206's. Similar to Dallas...imaging pretty good but not as good as hoped. After 50 hours on the drivers, I sold them to another forum member (my best friend) who is still playing around with them....all the while the drivers are still opening up. Paired with some ballsy KT88's the impact is better than my 1.8watts.

I had a bit of concern with the bass at first, but after doing digital eq on them I am a very happy camper. They sound great. I just added some felt wool on the insides of the chamber that the speaker goes into. Nothing else. I might chamfer the inside lip as per some recommendations, but right now I'm really satisfied with them. I really havent't gotten yet past the point where I'd be looking to improve them in any way. The sound is too good to look for more.
I do need to clean them up on the outside. Now that spring is here I might start up on that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.