• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is the current list:

5) misterwolf , Halook [SOLVED]
problem: spdif does not work with some non standard sources
solution: eliminate the 75ohm and add a 1uF capacitor after the input transformer (cut the pcb jump).

please add your problem or correct the problem info

Erlend Sæterdal, Claudio52, MattMax, misterwolf, Halook, masterkey can I close the item ?

Hi Audiodesign,
Optical input ok up to 192kHz, coaxial ok up to 48kHz, bad or no lock from 88 to 192kHz, but i have not a specific spdif cable. I've also tested with a certificated 75ohm satellite cable. Tested with or without 75r cond., also bypassing DA1001, with two different sound card on the same pc.

Where I can find info about your BOZOZ I/V ?
http://www.firstwatt.com/pdf/art_bosoz.pdf

I do not know if there is a residue off digital signal problematic for this simple construction. The sound is very good.

I use 220 ohm gate resistors . The 27 ohm I/V resistors is before them. I have 100 ohm I/V at the dac. Paralleled the 27ohm and 100 ohm is 21 ohm.

Last edited:
Misterwolf why do;nt you try to take the pulse transformer out. I did and added a 75 ohm BEFORE the 10 nf COPPER cap. It is fatastic and noise and lock problem is vanished.

Erlend,
thanks for replay, i have used 10nf with 75r to ground before cond, without trasformer. Now lock up to 88kHz ...and with 150r up to 96kHz.
Sorry but... what's COPPER cap?

Thanks

Misterwolf why do;nt you try to take the pulse transformer out. I did and added a 75 ohm BEFORE the 10 nf COPPER cap. It is fatastic and noise and lock problem is vanished.

ok, new setup. 10nf wima + 300pf polystyrene and metal oxide 100r to ground (no trasformer). 96khz lock with glitch sometimes. over 96khz no lock.
any suggestion?
thanks

ok, new setup. 10nf wima + 300pf polystyrene and metal oxide 100r to ground (no trasformer). 96khz lock with glitch sometimes. over 96khz no lock.
any suggestion?
thanks

this , you can see

Attachments

• SPDF 9018.jpg
    SPDF 9018.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 297
My DAC is working well, except the vol always return to 0 db after power on. Tested with USB only from 44, 48, 88 & 192 khz files with foobar. No comments on the SQ yet, I'm a believer of break in :) and I dont have time yet for careful listening (wife's koi pond needs new filter)

Next would be fully balanced connection to my Hypex amp and change opamp to LM4562 (I dont know what opamp Quanghao sent to me with the DAC, they're SOIC and the marking is too small to read).

Last edited:
judo,
I have spoken with Amonero company about your problem with Windows Vista and KS (kernel streaming).

Windows Vista can lock the audio device if this is the default audio device and in this case it play only with DS.

So please make a new test with KS selecting before another default audio device in the Sound - Control Panel of Windows Vista.

Always in the Sound - Control Panel by inside Advanced tab deselect the option of the exclusive control by the applications.

I am fairly ill, catch a cold or something so did not do much. Tried KS wih this setting. The problem stayed the situation is a bit clearer. There is problem only when the track in foobar was changed by "next track" or the play command of the context menu and the sampling frequency has changed too. When the music "flows" from one track to the next that is ok. It seems to me there is some problem with the sampling change (it needs more time) and the dac itself sets the frequency to the default 44k not the windows (?).

My DAC is working well, except the vol always return to 0 db after power on. Tested with USB only from 44, 48, 88 & 192 khz files with foobar. No comments on the SQ yet, I'm a believer of break in :) and I dont have time yet for careful listening (wife's koi pond needs new filter)

Next would be fully balanced connection to my Hypex amp and change opamp to LM4562 (I dont know what opamp Quanghao sent to me with the DAC, they're SOIC and the marking is too small to read).

You can set the startup Volume, see guide

http://www.firstwatt.com/pdf/art_bosoz.pdf

I do not know if there is a residue off digital signal problematic for this simple construction. The sound is very good.

I use 220 ohm gate resistors . The 27 ohm I/V resistors is before them. I have 100 ohm I/V at the dac. Paralleled the 27ohm and 100 ohm is 21 ohm.

The Balanced Zen Line Stage is a normal high impedance differential balanced amplifier so you should use the 20 ohm on DAC board and no other low value on output stage.

You can add a capacitor in parallel to the Balanced Zen Line Stage input resistors to reduce high frequency digital noise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.