• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just been running more tests...

DSD plays but PCM remains silent. The PCM rates are correct on the display though. Made one other observation which I did not realise previously - only left channel (right side output) works for DSD. Looks like something is seriously wrong? Shall try "swapping channels" on the firmware to see if it makes any difference.

Tried different permutations. The right channel (left side of the DAC) does not work with the Amanero. Still no PCM playback. Coax works fine - both channels work OK. No way for me to test optical and AES. I hope there isn't a fault. Really disappointed! Obviously, it might still be the Amanero at fault and will be grateful if someone can test it for me, or send me a module that is definitely known to work. Quanghao - are you sending me the parts we discussed previously?

sorry, I have read now the post

Could you try to check the flat cable connection ?

Could you try to change the frequency to 192KHz on Windows Control Panel selecting the Amonero device ?

Could you test Kernel streaming on Foobar2000 ?

The flat cable seems ok. Reversed it, measured resisistance perhaps I will resolder the sockets.

I am confused there is no Amanero applet on WCP should be ? Only the Sound applet with the supported formats from 44 to 192 did you speak about this ? There is no frequency setting at the USB driver in Device Manager.

That "PCM 44 KHz LOCK" is written to the dac's screen when I connect USB for example my Nexus 7 tablet. Then the d20 led lights on. Be continued ..

smoothquark,
Can you run DSD and PCM with USB input but a channel does not work with DSD ?

As I have tried to explain a few times....

USB input (Amanero):

DSD: ONLY right channel works
PCM: Does not work at all (silent but correct rate + lock on display). Works like DSD above if on-the-fly conversion to DSD

Tried JRiver (KS) + Foobar + HQplayer (linux) + mplayer (linux) + aplay (linux)
Tried different firmware revisions +/- swap PCM/DSD channels (various permutations)

Coax (44.1):
Works fine (Left and right channels)

As I have tried to explain a few times....

USB input (Amanero):

DSD: ONLY right channel works
PCM: Does not work at all (silent but correct rate + lock on display). Works like DSD above if on-the-fly conversion to DSD

Tried JRiver (KS) + Foobar + HQplayer (linux) + mplayer (linux) + aplay (linux)
Tried different firmware revisions +/- swap PCM/DSD channels (various permutations)

Coax (44.1):
Works fine (Left and right channels)

So, i Think your DAC module have an electric problem and it should be changed.

Hi smoothquark!

you can replace the new DAC. I will send a different DAC Kit!

Please let me know? and send me faulty DAC (DAC kit parts only)

thanks

Hi Quanghao, I am not certain that it is the DAC board that is at fault. The fact that the display shows the correct lock and rate suggests that at least the link between the amanero / controller and ES9018 is correct ? I presume the DAC board is easy enough to dismantle? I guess I will have to take the back of my chassis first? I don't want to break anything! I still think it might be the controller / firmware that is at fault ?

I think one of these two options would be best:

1. Is it possible for you to send me the controller / flat cable / another amanero and perhaps a new DAC board plus the pickit as discussed previously? If none of these new components work, I will just have to return everything over to you. If I can get it to work, I will then return the parts that are not needed.

2. Alternatively, I can return everything you sent me (with my amanero) to either check everything once again to make they are all working or to refund my payment.

I certainly prefer Option 1, and I think would be the cheapest in terms of cost of postage for both of us. I am happy to pay a deposit for the extra parts if you wish. I just want this working so that I can listen to music!

Did y'all flash the Amanero properly?
Choose "CPLD_for_1080" and "firmware_1080" for the latest FWs.

Attachments

• Amanero - My firmware flashing screen.jpg
    Amanero - My firmware flashing screen.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 289
please add your problem or correct the problem info

This is the current list:

1) smoothquark
problem: with USB input DSD plays fine but PCM is completely silent, right channel does not run on USB input but coax all ok
solution: Amanero, controller and flat cable will be changed

2) judo
problem: USB input work only at 44KHz
solution: The DAC module will be changed

3) Erlend Sæterdal [SOLVED]
problem: lcd does not work
solution: the lcd controller module has be replaced

4) masterkey [SOLVED] [waiting the confirm]
problem: no work with usb input but work good with coax and optical input
solution: masterley will receive a new DAC module

5) misterwolf , Halook [SOLVED]
problem: spdif does not work with some non standard sources
solution: eliminate the 75ohm and add a 1uF capacitor after the input transformer (cut the pcb jump).

6) MattMax - [tested ?]
probem: tweeters of my loudspeakers emit a hissing sound when the DAC is on mute
solution: see point 2, apply #1586 and add a caps to filter high freq. on DAC output

7) Erlend Sæterdal [ tested ?]
problem: More than 11 mv offset with OPA 1612
solution: have you tested different op-amp ? have you apply the mod. #1586 ?

8) bertchai [tested ?]
problem: using Mac 0.5s at the beginning of the song is missing/silent
solution: try the version with automute delay reduced, post #1724

9) Some [SOLVED]
problem: Amanero USB module not recognized from PC
solution: the USB pins on pcb touch the DAC shield, so cut this

10) Some [SOLVED]
problem: lcd wrong characters
solution: change the flat cable or solder the wires

11) Many [SOLVED]
problem: firmware update
solution: the best method is to use the Pickit2 available on Ebay shop and Amazon, there are some cheaper clone

12) Many [SOLVED]
problem: little oscillation on power supply shunt
solution: follow post #1586 and #1626

please add your problem or correct the problem info

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.